Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 12th, 2010, 02:34 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: SANDSHREW!

Darn it. Am acting Pokestupid again. Sand Attack reduces accuracy, not defense. Nummyhead.
Sand Attack
Whenever this Sandshrew is targeted for a normal attack by an adjacent enemy, you may roll a 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, the attacking figure rolls one less attack die, to a minimum of one attack die.
Not quite Smokescreen, and still allows a possibility of an attack.

Last edited by wulfhunter667; July 12th, 2010 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Still not thinking clearly. =/
Old July 12th, 2010, 02:40 AM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Also I noticed a typo on Magnemite during my latest playtest. The last time that the name is mentioned under the Levitate ability it is spelled "magentmite.

Old July 12th, 2010, 02:43 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Also I noticed a typo on Magnemite during my latest playtest. The last time that the name is mentioned under the Levitate ability it is spelled "magentmite.
Thanks, I will fix that now.
Old July 12th, 2010, 03:09 AM
My Mask Fell Off...

minimoose38 is surprisingly tart

Sandshrew looks pretty good so far. Sand Attack is a very iconic move for him and I am glad it was implemented. Swift is kind of a meh attack in the game but I think it fits better on Sandshrew than Sandslash. If Swift gets canceled for whatever reason I would consider adding a Defense Curl ability because that is another iconic Sandshrew move, though we just did a similar move with Squirtle's withdraw. Also, Sandattack might make it unnecessary but still a suggestion

Old July 12th, 2010, 03:14 AM

caltemus Woo who?

I think that defense curl should be saved for geodude. It is much more iconic of him.

Charlie is the slightly less dexterous, Russo-Israeli KMA
Viktor

in the
COBALT CAVE
Old July 12th, 2010, 03:22 AM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Sandslash needs slash. It's in his name! That's about as iconic as you can get for sandslash. I could see slash being like the minions' attack.

I think you could feasibly give sandshrew the swift attack yet I think it would be better to keep him a melee pokemon. I say get rid of swift, and make sand attack an adjacency power yet a little more effective than smokescreen.
Old July 12th, 2010, 03:27 AM

fiddlerjones is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfhunter667 View Post
Darn it. Am acting Pokestupid again. Sand Attack reduces accuracy, not defense. Nummyhead.
Sand Attack
Whenever this Sandshrew is targeted for a normal attack by an adjacent enemy, you may roll a 20-sided die. If you roll 14 or higher, the attacking figure rolls one less attack die, to a minimum of one attack die.
Not quite Smokescreen, and still allows a possibility of an attack.
Meh, I prefer the straight-up takes no damage approach. This version of Sand Attack is just a slightly worse way to increase Sandshrew's defense by 1. That said, this does seem like a more defensive move rather than offensive, and if that's the case, we don't need Defense Curl too.

Fury Swipes was a good suggestion for an offensive power, but to me it's more iconic for Mankey/Primeape.

Finally, @caltemus: I wouldn't worry too much about Sandshrew's relative power in the video games. IMO, that's not something we necessarily need to preserve in the transition to Pokescape. Just because a particular Pokemon was undesirable in competitive Pokemon, it doesn't need to be a weak or inefficient figure in Heroscape.

Man, a ton of suggestions so far. Great job today everyone!

FiddlerJones Customs
"I ended up with forty acres;
I ended up with a broken fiddle --
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories
And not a single regret."
Old July 12th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerjones View Post

Finally, @caltemus: I wouldn't worry too much about Sandshrew's relative power in the video games. IMO, that's not something we necessarily need to preserve in the transition to Pokescape. Just because a particular Pokemon was undesirable in competitive Pokemon, it doesn't need to be a weak or inefficient figure in Heroscape.
Just remember that a Heroscape figure is never weak or inefficient as long as it is priced correctly. In that regard, weakness/inefficiency can only be seen relative to figures with a much higher point cost. I would have no problem with Sandshrew being a 40 point figure.
Old July 12th, 2010, 03:33 AM

caltemus Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroz View Post
Sandslash needs slash. It's in his name! That's about as iconic as you can get for sandslash. I could see slash being like the minions' attack.

I think you could feasibly give sandshrew the swift attack yet I think it would be better to keep him a melee pokemon. I say get rid of swift, and make sand attack an adjacency power yet a little more effective than smokescreen.
I think slash is his "normal" attack as it is.

Viktor

in the
COBALT CAVE
Old July 12th, 2010, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltemus View Post
Quote:

The thing about slash is that it has a high critical ratio so you could give him slash as a special power and not a special attack and just use the wording from the minions' card.
Old July 12th, 2010, 03:58 AM

caltemus Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The thing about slash is that it has a high critical ratio so you could give him slash as a special power and not a special attack and just use the wording from the minions' card.
That isn't a terrible idea; he could use a special attack, be it slash or something else.

Viktor

in the
COBALT CAVE
Old July 12th, 2010, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That isn't a terrible idea; he could use a special attack, be it slash or something else.
But we're getting ahead of ourselves for now...but we should keep this in mind when he is put up for being designed. Right now let's focus on Sandshrew.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum