Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old October 26th, 2021, 12:20 PM

Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knight of Scape wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 2021 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 4 until 11/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
The Knight of Scape (3-0) v. Vydar's Girlfriend (3-0) pool of armies is:
* The Guild of 90ish Point Heroes (+Ninjas): Janos, C'Rik, Rygarn, Etiana, Wastewalker Gage, Byrikon the Hiveless, Isamu, Otonashi
* Skeletons in Space: Skeletons of Annellintia x3, Ataraxis the Starlich, Marcu Esenwein, Iskra Esenwein
* The Golden Queen: Greenscale Warriors x4, Kalagrith, Kaemon Awa, Eldgrim the Viking Champion
* The Bee Queen: Amberhive Protectors x4, Amberhive Queen, Byrikon the Hiveless, Major Q10, Siiv
Knight of Scape chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Vydar's Girlfriend chooses who places first.
Going down tonight at 7 PM ET/6 PM CT
Old November 1st, 2021, 02:42 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: 2021 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 4 until 11/1

Playoffs coming tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.

If anyone has any outstanding reports to post please do so. Thanks everyone! This has been a highly successful event with some very good and helpful feedback.

Good luck to all of our playoffs participants.
Old November 1st, 2021, 11:35 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: 2021 C3V Playtest Tournament - Quarterfinals until 11/15

If both participants agree before choosing armies you may use the figure modifications found in the OP (no changes from Round 4)

Also please post the game schedule for when you're playing as the VC staff likes to watch these playoff games with interest! Thanks and good luck everyone!

The Quarterfinals are on Desert Wellspring (Wannok, Treasure Glyph x2).

The Knight of Scape (4-0) v. S1R_ART0R1US (3-1) pool of armies is:
* The Guild of 90ish Point Heroes (+Ninjas): Janos, C'Rik, Rygarn, Etiana, Wastewalker Gage, Byrikon the Hiveless, Isamu, Otonashi
* Skeletons in Space: Skeletons of Annellintia x3, Ataraxis the Starlich, Marcu Esenwein, Iskra Esenwein
* Buzz-killers: Amberhive Protectors x4, Byrikon the Hiveless, Amberhive Queen, Sujoah
* Fire From Above: Greenscale Warriors x4, Marro Warriors, Kalagrith, Syvarris
S1R_ART0R1US chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Knight of Scape chooses who places first.

The dok (3-1) v. Muskie (3-1) pool of armies is:
* Arby's new Bacon, Rats, and Lizard special: deathreavers x1, Janos, Bambina, Rygarn, Maekor, Raelin (RotV)
* Sci Fi Double Feature: Greenscale Warriors x3, Goblin Slashers x2, Altais of the Deep, Ziggo, Kyntela Gwyn, Bol
* Booooo!: Specters of Aldornx4, Ataraxis, Iskra, Rechets of Bogdan, Marcu Esenwein, Bol, Isamu
* Fire from above: Nhah Scirh Cultistsx4, Greenscale Warriors x1, Kalagrith
Muskie chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, dok chooses who places first.

The BodaciousBlood (3-1) v. Vydar's Girlfriend (3-1) pool of armies is:
* Undead Legion.... IN SPACE! : Skeletons of Annellintia x2, Ataraxis, Cyprien Esenwein, Marcu Esenwein, Isamu
* Lizardfolk.... IN SPACE!: Greenscale Warriors x3, Maekor, Bambina, Etiana, Siiv
* The Golden Queen: Greenscale Warriors x4, Kalagrith, Kaemon Awa, Eldgrim the Viking Champion
* The Bee Queen: Amberhive Protectors x4, Amberhive Queen, Byrikon the Hiveless, Major Q10, Siiv
BodaciousBlood chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Vydar's Girlfriend chooses who places first.
Contact Vydar_XLIII for scheduling games with Vydar's gf.

The KnightofLight (3-1) v. vegie's dad (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Vortex spears : cathar spearmen X3, Altias of the Deep, Count Raymond, Byrikon the hiveless
* Marcus Decimus Antus : Red Ants of Aunstrum x4, Kaemon Awa, Amberhive Queen, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Gen. Simon Fraser, Marcu Esenwein
* Ziggo and the Blashers: goblin slashers x 5, bugbear bashers x2, Ziggo, Urk
* Big dragon, little dragon: Greenscales Warriors x2, Kalagrith, Sonlen, Raelin
KnightofLight chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, vegie's dad chooses who places first.
Old November 8th, 2021, 02:04 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
If both participants agree before choosing armies you may use the figure modifications found in the OP (no changes from Round 4)

Also please post the game schedule for when you're playing as the VC staff likes to watch these playoff games with interest! Thanks and good luck everyone!

* Buzz-killers: Amberhive Protectors x4, Byrikon the Hiveless, Amberhive Queen, Sujoah
S1R_ART0R1US chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Knight of Scape chooses who places first.
My Buzz-killers will take on Knight’s Guild of 90ish heroes (using the modifications) Thursday am 6 am Pacific.
Old November 10th, 2021, 11:13 AM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dok's Army: Arby's new Bacon, Rats, and Lizard special: deathreavers x1, Janos, Bambina, Rygarn, Maekor, Raelin (RotV)

Muskie's Army: Booooo!: Specters of Aldornx4, Ataraxis, Iskra, Rechets of Bogdan, Marcu Esenwein, Bol, Isamu

I am not going to do a blow by blow report since it would be embarrassing. Suffice to say, I caused a total of 6 wounds on Dok's army with one being a leaving engagement. As we talked, the only chance I had was to do a petal to the metal rush and hope good things happened. What I did was try to get a decent position. With his range, it failed miserably and Dok only have to leave his aura at the very end to finish me off.

Ataraxis - I think this is a perfect design and would not suggest any changes at this time.

Powers used:

Wormhole: I used once to move Ataraxis up to high ground (which didn't help in this game).
Nanobot: I used it once to bring her back at the end of the game so she could be killed quickly again.
Terror Enhancement: Not used this game except for three of her personal attacks and a couple of attacks by my last 2 Specters. In this matchup it gave me a small chance to cause a couple of wounds, mostly which failed. In other games, it has been used constantly.

Comments on Dok's Army: This was the perfect game for his merc army. Raelin quickly was completely protected by rats and surrounded my mercs. Everyone could sit in the aura and shoot out. I tried to dent it, but could not really cause a wound. the only success was against Rygarn, who was not in the pack. The combo of Raelin and Rygarn with this army, combined with all of the bonding, makes this set up pretty impossible to stop without an A+ army with range. Dok usually had 3-4 attacks per turn with his combos. I do not know the figures well enough to think about changes, but against melee only and 3 defense figures, it was pretty unstoppable.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old November 10th, 2021, 11:57 AM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskie View Post

Dok's Army: Arby's new Bacon, Rats, and Lizard special: deathreavers x1, Janos, Bambina, Rygarn, Maekor, Raelin (RotV)

Muskie's Army: Booooo!: Specters of Aldornx4, Ataraxis, Iskra, Rechets of Bogdan, Marcu Esenwein, Bol, Isamu

I am not going to do a blow by blow report since it would be embarrassing. Suffice to say, I caused a total of 6 wounds on Dok's army with one being a leaving engagement. As we talked, the only chance I had was to do a petal to the metal rush and hope good things happened. What I did was try to get a decent position. With his range, it failed miserably and Dok only have to leave his aura at the very end to finish me off.

Ataraxis - I think this is a perfect design and would not suggest any changes at this time.

Powers used:

Wormhole: I used once to move Ataraxis up to high ground (which didn't help in this game).
Nanobot: I used it once to bring her back at the end of the game so she could be killed quickly again.
Terror Enhancement: Not used this game except for three of her personal attacks and a couple of attacks by my last 2 Specters. In this matchup it gave me a small chance to cause a couple of wounds, mostly which failed. In other games, it has been used constantly.

Comments on Dok's Army: This was the perfect game for his merc army. Raelin quickly was completely protected by rats and surrounded my mercs. Everyone could sit in the aura and shoot out. I tried to dent it, but could not really cause a wound. the only success was against Rygarn, who was not in the pack. The combo of Raelin and Rygarn with this army, combined with all of the bonding, makes this set up pretty impossible to stop without an A+ army with range. Dok usually had 3-4 attacks per turn with his combos. I do not know the figures well enough to think about changes, but against melee only and 3 defense figures, it was pretty unstoppable.
Did you guys use the updated Janos and Ataraxis?

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old November 10th, 2021, 05:09 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Did you guys use the updated Janos and Ataraxis?
yes, the two, four special from Janos and the small and medium lock down from Ataraxis. He stay out of the terror aura until the end.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old November 11th, 2021, 10:33 AM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: 2021 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 2 until 10/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
Round 1 Statistics

Round 2 Statistics

Round 3 Statistics
Round 4 Statistics

Cumulative Over 4 Rounds

I will do one more set after the championship.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old November 11th, 2021, 11:24 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I won this fast-moving game with a single bee and full Queen and Byrikon remaining.

As I developed a bit I lost three bees, but was able to fly Sujoah across the map and inflict 3 on a vulnerable Etiana. Sujoah did work much of the game, but the mini-stings from the bees were super effective as well, with Byrikon, Etiana, and Gage gone at the end of Round 1 courtesy of some whiffs against well-rolling bees.

Round 2 saw me take out Janos with Sujoah and bee support while Rygarn dodged his first of two attacks that would’ve been three wounds. C’Rik started wailing on figures and finished off Sujoah who had been slowly getting worn down.

Rygarn had me worried in Round 3, especially after having a successful disengage (with one life left) to target my lone remaining bee sitting on Wannok. My bee blocked the attack using jungle cover, and a final Wannok roll sealed the game for me as C’rik had finally fallen as well.

I really like both of these armies, and we played with the changes to figures. I considered leading with Byrikon to use rapid response round 3 so I could get easier attacks if Rygarn/C’Rik were able to jump/project themselves away, but with just a +1 bump to initiative I didn’t feel it would pay off. Even though C’rik’s projection only helped himself in this game, I feel like he held his own and was more impressed with him than I thought I’d be. Especially paired with Janos that’s a lot of potential attacks per turn and the bees melted to them. I didn’t use the Amberhive Queen that much, mostly because I thought my bees would easily break through the 2/3D of most of the heroes and wanted to focus on giving Sujoah opportunities to stack up wounds as well. If Gage/C’Rik had been swapped out for two sets of Reavers I think it would’ve been a lot tougher game for me with all of the range attacks. I had also played against a Janos/Rygarn build for my first game against this Buzz-killers army and lost, so the changes to Janos feel right - this should be one of my armies strongest matchups since there’s no squad figures (a very inefficient points trade for the bees since excess wounds do nothing).

Knight of Scape
Attack rolls: 35 out of 68 (51.47%)
Defense rolls: 22 out of 66 (33.33%)

S1R
Attack rolls: 46 out of 82 (56.1%)
Defense rolls: 22 out of 59 (37.29%)
Old November 11th, 2021, 08:00 PM

KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker

Veggie’s dad and I will be playing our game at 5:30pm pacific time today!
I’m playing my red ants, he is playing my cathar.
Old November 12th, 2021, 01:07 AM

KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker

Really close game with Vegie's dad tonight.
I opted for a Kaemon Awa opener, while Vegie's dad saw that coming and led 2 turns of cathar and 1 turn on Altias. Kaemon had great defense fending off the cathar. Altias moved up on turn three, failed to grab the treasure glyph, and then whiffed an attack on Kaemon using her vortex breath. Round two started with a couple of my ants taking height attacks down on Altias, dealing one wound. Altias triggered the trap again and then failed to kill one of the ants engaged with him. Kaemon tried to take down the 3 life dragon on turn 2, but Altias blocked both quick release attacks. From there, Altias took a double disengage (1 wound) from the ants to fly down to the level 2 rock near the bottom of the left of the map. She then unleashed a devastating vortex breath into my start zone. Killing 5 ants, and dealing one wound to the queen, marcu, and marcus. After that attack the purple dragon was swarmed with ants and taken out. Round three started out with Vegie's dad moving cathar into position on the center hill. I made a risky move with the queen throwing her into the center of the map. She took a braced spear attack and picked up the Scarab of Invulnerability. Cathar retaliated by attack her, but her defense held strong. The rest of the round was spent trading ant and cathar causalities. Round 4 kicked off with the queen using the scarab to stay alive one final turn. The cathar's defense fell out, leading to 2 wounds on raymond, and 2 dead cathar over the course of three ant attacks in one turn. The 5-6 cathar remaining took out the bee and most of the ants. I had my second and third turns on Kaemon Awa who did a good job picking off at least one cathar each turn. Round five was more cathar v Kaemon. Kaemon came out on top at the end with 1 life remaining, and leaving one cathar left. We were using version 1 of Brykion, so round six was a very scary initiative. Both Kaemon and Brykion were within striking distance, and Vegie's dad had effectively +5 to initiative. Final initiative was my 18 to Vegie's dad's 9. Kaemon ran to the middle and quick released Brykion to death. Vegie's dad conceded with a 2 life Raymond, and one cathar. I had one life left Kaemon, full health Gen Simon, five life left Marcus, and five life left Marcu.
GG Vegie's dad!

Units:
Altias of the deep:
Altias continues to be an interesting figure to me. She has an extremely powerful breath attack that can be devastating, however, her survivability is very weak. Three activations this game. Two vortex breath specials, one whiff, and one that dealt 8 wounds. One normal attack. I think cathar are fun to run with her, but I think the ideal build is with greenscales. She desperately needs that screen.

Brykion the Hiveless:
Brykion did not do that much this game. We were using version 1 which is significantly better in this build, however, his boost of +2 mid game was never needed as Vegie's dad won initiative in rounds 3-5 by a large number. The only time he got to use the +8 was the one initiative that cost him the game. Still very powerful, just did not come into play this game.

Amberhive Queen:
This was the first game I felt like I got to use the queen. The only other time I used this ant army was in round 2 versus Vydar. I did not use the queen because I did not realize that double hex figures could benefit from one hex of shadow. Regardless, this game she was an MVP. The amount of attacks she tanked from the cathar was better then I expected. Evasive is very very good against cathar, and the scarab made her survive long enough to last as long as the majority of my ants. Frenzied swarm was used this game 9 times, with me succeeding 3 times.

Here are stats if anyone is interested:

KnightOfLight
Attack rolls: 63 out of 129 (48.84%)
Defense rolls: 55 out of 146 (37.67%)

vegie dad
Attack rolls: 63 out of 125 (50.4%)
Defense rolls: 56 out of 150 (37.33%)
Old November 12th, 2021, 10:50 AM

Wow, the Amberhive Queen had a 3-0 showing in the Quarterfinals.

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting