Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 3rd, 2015, 12:45 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

Yeah, after posting I realized a Native American would work too. Flagbearing is more in the wheelhouse of their historical enemies, the US Cavalry, but a good sculpt could make it work. And a Dwarf would be an obvious thematic choice, considering the precedent set by Ornak.

But anything except another Varkaanan, please. Those Confrontation wolves didn't just expand Aquilla's army, they staged a coup and took it over. In official Heroscape, the ethnic core of her army, numerically, used to be Dwarves — and I loved that — but the Varks' overpowering numbers rewrote that core with a ton of units based on a third style of wolf from yet another game. A lot of stuff in VC is really wonderful, and extends the game in a way that feels like Hasbro could have done it, but this is an area where VC feels anti-canonical to me. The "need" to use up an entire box of miniatures kind of redesigned Aquilla thematically, stealing the spotlight from her Dwarves. As someone who cares a lot about theme, it's hard for me not to feel like Aquilla and her diminutive friends have been a bit trampled on, and hard not to have a natural disinclination toward the wolf faction. (Regardless of how interesting their gameplay is.)

Others may disagree, but I would not want Aquilla's on-field representative to be a wolf with a flag. I'd prefer to see props given to the Dwarves in this role, thus acknowledging them as her true thematic core. Assuming a suitable miniature is/becomes available, of course.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old June 3rd, 2015, 12:48 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
I always thought Aquilla's flagbearer should be a dwarf, or at least a non-human. This is an area where I'd rather wait for a great fit than take pot luck.

I made a Varkaanan Flagbearer for Aquilla, but have not figured out how to paint the Aquilla symbol onto the flag (cause I'm not an artist); therefore I never posted any pics.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old June 3rd, 2015, 01:15 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Quote:
I always thought Aquilla's flagbearer should be a dwarf, or at least a non-human. This is an area where I'd rather wait for a great fit than take pot luck.

I made a Varkaanan Flagbearer for Aquilla, but have not figured out how to paint the Aquilla symbol onto the flag (cause I'm not an artist); therefore I never posted any pics.
I'd suggest printing out the symbol, and cutting it out to create a stencil.
Old June 3rd, 2015, 02:45 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I agree with this 100%. I have no desire to push through a flagbearer. I hope to wait for something that really fits well.
Old June 3rd, 2015, 02:55 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

All this talk about an Aquilla flagbearer. Where's my Valkrill flagbearer!? Us forces of chaos deserve flagbearer representation! We will not be denied!

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old June 3rd, 2015, 02:58 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
All this talk about an Aquilla flagbearer. Where's my Valkrill flagbearer!? Us forces of chaos deserve flagbearer representation! We will not be denied!
Valkrill ate him and used the flag as a toothpick. Sorry.

Last edited by 1Mmirg; June 3rd, 2015 at 02:58 PM. Reason: It would be fun to have a Valkrill FB--again, I think it's about finding just the right unit though.
Old June 3rd, 2015, 03:12 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Valkrill Flag bearer, though you would have to paint it yourself. Looks to be plastic. Probably lots of options if we had it painted out there.

Couple of options for Aquila , if it were to be a human. Aquila does have humans, and armored warriors. Not that much of a stretch

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old June 3rd, 2015, 03:31 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Yeah, after posting I realized a Native American would work too. Flagbearing is more in the wheelhouse of their historical enemies, the US Cavalry, but a good sculpt could make it work. And a Dwarf would be an obvious thematic choice, considering the precedent set by Ornak.

But anything except another Varkaanan, please. Those Confrontation wolves didn't just expand Aquilla's army, they staged a coup and took it over. In official Heroscape, the ethnic core of her army, numerically, used to be Dwarves — and I loved that — but the Varks' overpowering numbers rewrote that core with a ton of units based on a third style of wolf from yet another game. A lot of stuff in VC is really wonderful, and extends the game in a way that feels like Hasbro could have done it, but this is an area where VC feels anti-canonical to me. The "need" to use up an entire box of miniatures kind of redesigned Aquilla thematically, stealing the spotlight from her Dwarves. As someone who cares a lot about theme, it's hard for me not to feel like Aquilla and her diminutive friends have been a bit trampled on, and hard not to have a natural disinclination toward the wolf faction. (Regardless of how interesting their gameplay is.)

Others may disagree, but I would not want Aquilla's on-field representative to be a wolf with a flag. I'd prefer to see props given to the Dwarves in this role, thus acknowledging them as her true thematic core. Assuming a suitable miniature is/becomes available, of course.
I agree that the flagbearer should not be a Vark, but primarily because I think that they A, don't need one logistically speaking since they have so many units that interconnect so thoroughly already, and B, I don't think that, thematically, savage wolves should need a Flagbearer I don't think that, as-is, the Varks are too much (4 Unique squads, 3 Heroes and one Common), and I think they added a nice, very thematic army into Aquilla. Many other teams have larger armies (Orcs, Marro, Samurai+Ashgari, Knights, Deathwalkers, etc) but Aquilla didn't really have anything that resembled those massive sub-factions until the Varkarraans. I'm hoping the Dwarf faction will develop more naturally (Varks had to be released all at once), But I don't think that Aquilla is drowning in wolves.

Also, no love for a Maeridian flagbearer? If any aquilla Minor Faction could use some synergy, its them.
Old June 3rd, 2015, 10:49 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
IMO the Dwarves are the most thematically removed faction that Aquilla's got. A flagbearer for them makes perfect sense, but we're talking about a general who rules over a jungle and who's first troops were giant bugs.
Old June 3rd, 2015, 11:06 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive Lord 1233 View Post
Quote:
IMO the Dwarves are the most thematically removed faction that Aquilla's got. A flagbearer for them makes perfect sense, but we're talking about a general who rules over a jungle and who's first troops were giant bugs.
Actually her first troop was a monk.

Old June 4th, 2015, 04:49 PM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Old June 4th, 2015, 05:31 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Master Win Chia Woo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs