Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old January 12th, 2012, 08:58 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Cartographer's Toolbox - Creating Competitive Heroscape

Yay, that's great news.

You know what I'd love to see? A series in which you and dok team up to analyze maps. Every episode you'd pick a different one — maybe old-school BoV one time, a recent one another, cycling through ones featuring different terrain types, etc. — and then analyze it together. Comment on the footprint, the spaces and zones, the pathing, lines of sight, the way in which various parts of it relate or don't to each other, what armies you'd want to draft on it, which ones you wouldn't, etc.

Just hearing you two 'think out loud' together while dissecting a map would be a treat, and a learning experience.

Don't mean to limit this to you and dok. I just seized on him because of his own blog series on map-making, and his prolific contributions to the boards. But seeing you team up with any esteemed cartographer or cartographic reviewer would be a treat.

Last edited by Typhon2222; January 12th, 2012 at 10:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old January 12th, 2012, 10:17 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Old November 16th, 2012, 11:47 PM

ThorfinSS is surprisingly tart

A) This is awesome
2) I'm going to make guys from my group read this since I haven't been able to explain what's wrong with the maps they build.
Finally) Your maps are gorgeous and I'm going to play on some tomorrow.
Lastly) I wish I had made it to the Heroscape party years earlier so I could have collected all the terrain.
Old November 17th, 2012, 03:07 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Yay, that's great news.

You know what I'd love to see? A series in which you and dok team up to analyze maps. Every episode you'd pick a different one — maybe old-school BoV one time, a recent one another, cycling through ones featuring different terrain types, etc. — and then analyze it together. Comment on the footprint, the spaces and zones, the pathing, lines of sight, the way in which various parts of it relate or don't to each other, what armies you'd want to draft on it, which ones you wouldn't, etc.

Just hearing you two 'think out loud' together while dissecting a map would be a treat, and a learning experience.

Don't mean to limit this to you and dok. I just seized on him because of his own blog series on map-making, and his prolific contributions to the boards. But seeing you team up with any esteemed cartographer or cartographic reviewer would be a treat.
Yay, some generous soul just this very morning gave postive rep to this old post above.

Which means.... there is popular demand!

Seriously, you should consider it. We'd love it. Go twist dok/1Mmirg/dignan/nyys/GameBear/Panopticon's arm to join you.
Old December 29th, 2014, 10:40 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Tell the Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
Next in the series - decision points on a map: what are they, and why do they matter? (And I'll try to finish in less than two months this time...)
:­polite cough:

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old June 17th, 2015, 10:44 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Wow... this has been EXCELLENT so far, are there any more additional thoughts being processed to complete this treatise?

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old October 18th, 2016, 05:26 PM

Smurf_Scape is surprisingly tart

Did you ever make more of these articles? Was a wonderful read!

If you could also provide a link to your blog I imagine I would enjoy reading it.
@Typhon2222 do you have a link to this "dok" person's blog on map making?
Old October 18th, 2016, 06:02 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf_Scape View Post
Did you ever make more of these articles? Was a wonderful read!

If you could also provide a link to your blog I imagine I would enjoy reading it.
@Typhon2222 do you have a link to this "dok" person's blog on map making?
HA!!! this @dok person could probably help you out.

Not laughing at you just find the realization that there are people on here that don't know dok funny.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 18th, 2016, 06:08 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Here's a link to the last entry in the series. It contains links to the earlier entries.
Old October 18th, 2016, 07:43 PM

Smurf_Scape is surprisingly tart

Thanks dok and japes! :]
Old October 18th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Just read all your parts of the blog posts on map making @dok . Good read and good insights.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old January 1st, 2021, 07:02 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've been getting into the habit of necro'ing old threads as I'm reconnecting with the 'Scape community during quarantine. Some really excellent writing here that makes me appreciate the high-quality maps we have even more!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios