Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 17th, 2007, 02:09 AM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Parmenio

The Book of Parmenio
Zanafor's Discovery - Collection 4 - "Heroes of Trollsford"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: As one of the most celebrated generals in the Macedonian Army, Parmenio led countless victories during the reign of Alexander
the Great. For weeks, Einar has visions of these great blattles before a portal opened up allowing him to snatch up Parmenio. General Einar
is impressed with his leadership and disciplinary skills. Parmeio's abililty to urge his soldiers on - even those on the verge of death – is
legendary. He and his Sacred Band will make valuable additions to the forces of Einar.
(Hasbro)

No. Sacred Band Defy Death 15 only works when the adjacent Sacred Band figure is receiving a wound, not when they
    are "destroyed" or "removed from the game". (Hasbro FAQ)

- SACRED BAND DEFY DEATH 15 : Defending Against Passing Swipes and Falling Damage
    Can Sacred Band Defy Death 15 help to stop passing swipes and falling damage?
    Yes, but only if the Sacred Band figure is adjacent to Parmenio when they would receive that damage. For example, if
    the Sacred Band figure is adjacent to Parmenio and an opponent's figure, and they move away from both, the opponent's
    figure would then be able to hit them with a passing swipe, but Parmenio would not be able to use Sacred Band Defy Death 15, because that figure is no longer adjacent. (Hasbro FAQ)

Official FAQ is overruled by BftU Rulebook, per Rules team.

BftU Rulebook appendix for Leaving Engagement Attack: "for the sake of rules resolution, it is considered to have received the wounds while on the last space in which it was engaged with the figure that rolled the leaving engagement attack." Therefore Sacred Band Defy Death 15 triggers if a figure is adjacent to Parmenio before attempting to leave engagement. In addition if a Sacred Band falls next to Parmenio he may attempt to Defy Death for falling damage.

- SACRED BAND DEFY DEATH 15 : Opponents Sacred Band Adjacent to Parmenio
    Can an opponent’s adjacent Sacred Band member be affected by Sacred Band Defy Death 15?
    No, only Sacred Band members that you control can be affected by Parmenio’s Sacred Band Defy Death 15. (Hasbro FAQ)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - ROMAN LEGIONNAIRES / SACRED BAND : Einar Warlord Bonding
    As a Warlord that follows Einar, Parmenio may benefit from Roman Legionnaires’ and Sacred Band’s WARLORD BONDING
    activation bonus.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - DISCIPLINED INFLUENCE : Any 1 Non-Disciplined Unique Army Card
    * Any one non-disciplined unique army card that you control.

- SACRED BAND DEFY DEATH 15 : Sacred Band Units
  • * Sacred Band

- SACRED BAND : Disciplined Army Defense Bonus
  • * Having a Disciplined personality, Parmenio may aid the Sacred Band with their DISCIPLINED ARMY DEFENSE BONUS.
    *NOTE: See The Book of Sacred Band for proper application.

C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

Power Ranking and Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Power Ranking
Parmenio- His ability is just a bit hard to get to work, and Romans are better than Greeks anyway. C-

Parmenio
Fixing Parmenio? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=183
Death defy vs Disengage and Falling? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=1193
Help opposing Greeks? http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=625
Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Last edited by lefton4ya; June 17th, 2021 at 03:55 PM. Reason: VC synergy added
Old June 12th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I find myself editing this post so much as I begin to overlap into SB discussion - the Greeks and Parmenio being so intertwined with each other.

Love Parmenio's Disciplined Influence.
A passive power, but a nice enhancement I'd like to see in variation in future HS units.
It works well with the flavor of the game.
I can see various general's units working together because they're lead and influenced by this renowned Macedonian general.

For a while there, I was obssessed with the Disciplined army.
I fumbled about trying to find a nice combination. I'd stop and think about all the work for what, one more defense die for the Greeks?
It just tortures me such cool-looking warriors as the SB and Parmenio are not utilized as much as some of the other characters in this game.
Old June 13th, 2007, 06:46 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Unfortuantely, i think Parmenio will always take second place after Marcus, as the Sacred band after Roman Legionnaires.
Old July 23rd, 2007, 10:19 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation
Now that I finally got him(along with some Greeks) I can comment about him. Geez, Perminio, Perminio... what are we gonna do with you. He has very crappy stats, and I don't see him doing much damage. His affect, 'Disciplined Influence' is kind of worthless, unless you only have one figure that is not Disciplined. If you have multiple non-Disciplined figures, you can pick the one you'll save as clean up or who you think will last pretty long. But if you 'influence' a clean up figure, he's clean up, which means he'll be your last figure which means no Greeks to get +1 defense. If you have only one non-Disciplined figure, this affect is pretty good. 'Sacred Band Defy Death 15' is sorta good. I mean, saving your own figures is always good, but when you have a 25% chance of saving something with 2 defense(or 3) is not that benificial unless you get to attack with the Greeks next turn. Besides, Romans are better than Greeks. I'm trying to sound like a hater, cause I'm not. Perminio can be great with the Greeks, but can also be weak and worthless. Overall, I think spider_poison's grade is correct.

Old July 23rd, 2007, 10:26 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Just wanted to point out that Disciplined Influence stays in play even after Parmenio dies....some folks don't realize that.
Old July 26th, 2007, 07:21 PM

he_who_makes_you_wet has disabled reputation
I have Parmenio... I use Runa and Dund more often. Let me rephrase that... I have never used Parmenio.

~Cheyenne

"Whoever appeals the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward, Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of Honor
Old July 26th, 2007, 10:15 PM

King's Knight knows what's in an order marker King's Knight knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
Unfortuantely, i think Parmenio will always take second place after Marcus, as the Sacred band after Roman Legionnaires.
Marcus + Parmino is the only way I've found to use the SB and (obviously) him...
Old August 1st, 2007, 11:39 AM
has been BANNED

Ullar rocks 4553 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Heres a good 300 pt. army with Parmenio

Parmenio x1 90
Sacred band x2 100
Airborne Elite x1 110

That small army has done me wonders, huddle 6/8 sacred band on Parmenio, send out two for lucky rolls and hope they dont get squashed, hare your greeks, and get the airborne on a hil with air drop and fire down on the enemy, this stratagy works against most 300 point armys that dont blow most of their points on a large fig.
Old August 7th, 2007, 04:34 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
A situation came up last night. I was playing Parmenio, Greeksx2, AE, and Shades. Parmenio made the shades disciplined. One of the Shades soul devoured my opponents DW9K. The Deathwalker wasn't disciplined so Greeks lost their bonus, right? Or would the Deathwalker be disciplined because the shade that devoured him was disciplined? We went with option A, but was just wondering on the clarification. Thanks.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 7th, 2007, 09:18 AM

ASmiles Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus
A situation came up last night. I was playing Parmenio, Greeksx2, AE, and Shades. Parmenio made the shades disciplined. One of the Shades soul devoured my opponents DW9K. The Deathwalker wasn't disciplined so Greeks lost their bonus, right? Or would the Deathwalker be disciplined because the shade that devoured him was disciplined? We went with option A, but was just wondering on the clarification. Thanks.
First, Parmenio can only make a unique army card disciplined, which the shades are not.

Second, yes a mindshackled or soul devoured or unwelcome backstabbing figure would disrupt your disciplined bonus.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old August 7th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
A situation came up last night. I was playing Parmenio, Greeksx2, AE, and Shades. Parmenio made the shades disciplined.
You fail Army Card Reading Comprehension 101, however you will be allowed to retake the class next semester.

Quote:
One of the Shades soul devoured my opponents DW9K. The Deathwalker wasn't disciplined so Greeks lost their bonus, right? Or would the Deathwalker be disciplined because the shade that devoured him was disciplined? We went with option A, but was just wondering on the clarification. Thanks.
You chose the right option, but how did you come up with option B? Is there anything anyway that would indicate a situation like that? Nothing on the Shades' card indicates that their personality carries over to the figure you take over. Do what the army cards say and not what they don't. :P
Old August 7th, 2007, 04:47 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I though sacred band was 100 points each. Sorry ullar.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units