Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 13th, 2010, 11:57 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Death Chasers of Thesk Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Taskmaster Bonding
Before taking a turn with Death Chasers of Thesk, you may first take a turn with any Large Wild Hero you control.
(Me-Burq-Sa, Nerak, Ogre Pulverizer, Ogre Warhulk, and the Swog Rider)

Orc Battle Rush
At the start of the first round of the game, after all order markers have been placed, you may move all Death Chasers of Thesk you control up to 5 spaces each. They must end their Orc Battle Rush movement in an empty space.

I really like these guys! Cool bonding options, low price point, and a nice defense boost from Nerak.
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:04 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Death Chasers of Thesk Pre-Release Discussion Thread

I see these guys as a solid first punch in the face, but they need something to pair with. I don't think that with 2 defense they're going the distance. Raelin seems hard to use with these guys as they're already so far out in front.
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:04 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Well...here is the bonding for the ogres that everyone wanted so much. Great job guys. These guys seem like they'll be the first out of the gates almost every time when used.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

I love these guys. Who cares if they die quickly? They are the kamikaze berserker first wave that runs out with a big ogre in the middle, smashing things up and dying, to be followed by a more disciplined second wave of attackers to mop up the mess. How fun. I can't wait to try them out with my boys!!!
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:06 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

I like the Battle rush, it gets your army moving ahead of your opponent's for map control. Those 2 defense don't look so bad when you can get height faster. They're cheap too, 55 points is great for 3 attacks of 4 + bonding, and they have great secondary options giving them a very interesting tool kit they can use. With 6 squads being 330 points, you can fit a fair amount of hero support in there.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Cool looking squad, and the bonding options are interesting. Initially, I like the sound of the Death Chasers with the low-cost Swogs, and Nerak seems like a near-necessity (the only problem is that you have to be wary of the 24 hex standard start zone limitation, if applicable). Battle Rush gives them a movement jump to allow the bonding Swog/Nerak to quickly catch up. Of course, MBS offers some coveted range support.

As an initial assault force, perhaps something along the lines of:
Death Chasers x3 165
Nerak 215
Grimnak 335
Heaviesx2 475
MBS, 525, 23 spaces
~The Chasers seek death early, supported by Nerak. Once they have gone down, move in with the Heavies and Grimnak (with Nerak helping as needed).

Perhaps they could act as aggressive pickets for the Romans:
Death Chasers x2 110
Nerak 160
MBS 210
NGS 300
Marcus 400
Legos x2 500, 20 spaces
~Death Chasers pursue their dream, and then the Legion moves in, supported by some solid heroes. MBS is a nice addition, but I am not sure if he is worth using as a hub for the Death Chasers/Romans.

Last edited by Filthy the Clown; October 13th, 2010 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Possible Roman builds? Arrow Gruts sound like a better option, or there is no real use for the swogs.
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:09 PM

SabastianBludd is surprisingly tart

Due to the fact that these guys don't have to bunch up to get a bonus I think the Death Chasers are Me-Burq-Sa's best bonding option. To that end I'd like to try the following army:

Arrow Gruts x4 160
Swog Rider x3 75
Death Chasers x3 165
Nerak 50
Me-Burq-Sa 50

Move Nerak up to help the DC's withstand the backlash after Battle Rush and then use MBS to flit about the edges to make attacks of opportunity and hopefully get Paralyzing Stare to go off a few times.
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:10 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Wonder what their relative value is as a pseudo 4 figure squad with swogs.

80 points for a squad that gets 3 attacks of 4 and and one disengaging attack of 3 seems pretty nice to me. Man, these seem incredibly fun...
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:13 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Yup...it seems like the design team is really trying to help out some of the older common figures find a new way onto the battlefield. If nothing else this wave has done more for the plight of the old common-hero than any other wave before it. For this I award D3 the medal of common.

Creator of Nowdays.
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Take that deathreavers! The DcoT get a 5 move head start on you for the glyphs!

Nerak is almost a necessity with only 2 defense but he's quick enough to keep up with them as is MBS! Throw in an OP or OW and I think you got yourself a pretty tournament worthy army!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:23 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Well, let's see. What we have here is Medium Orcs, to go with our previous Lights (Gruts) and Heavies. There is no problem with them getting the same bonuses and bondings as Grut Orcs, so they'll fit right in, despite their working for Valkryll. Perfect.
Old October 13th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!

Shock and Awe
Shock:
3x orcs 165
ogre pulverizer 265
nerak 315
Awe:
3x 10th regiment 540 or 3x stingers 495

you might have to sit one 10th reg or orc for the first finishing option

First bring up nerak while you go straight for the start zone and grab glyphs. Then follow with the pulverizer coming over to the start zone while the orcs keep them tied down.

By the time you get to your second wave they will probably still be tied up in their start zone dealing with a straggler or two when you are bringing your ranged force up to height and their countering range has been severely depleted. These guys seem awesome for controlling the flow of battle.

Ambush!
zelrig 185
airborne elite 295
3x orcs 460
nerak 510
swog 535

There are days when you just don't want to get out of bed in the morning...and then there are others when your enemies just won't let you!

Last edited by kenjib; October 13th, 2010 at 12:35 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units