Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old September 12th, 2015, 05:00 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

*chuckle*

Yes. I'm leaving it, for posterity.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 12th, 2015, 06:57 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Played a practice solo game of Ashes to refresh memory of gameplay before teaching it again on Monday.

Also, this afternoon my daughters and I taught my sister, niece and brother in-law how to play Flick em Up. Us vs them, and we won a close one
Played the 3rd scenario instead of breaking them in easy with the intro scenario.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 13th, 2015, 02:33 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Started playing some Descent and I'm not sure if I'll keep playing it. It just seems to be missing something. A bunch of little aspects of it bug me too and add up to a less then enjoyable experience.
Old September 13th, 2015, 05:11 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Started playing some Descent and I'm not sure if I'll keep playing it. It just seems to be missing something. A bunch of little aspects of it bug me too and add up to a less then enjoyable experience.
I agree with you and the main thing that annoys me is that it doesn't pay to fight. The hero's race to the exit gets old after awhile. We have a ton of 1.0 and 2.0 stuff collecting dust now, since luckily LoB has moved on to games I like more. Speaking of, we squeezed in some XWing wave 7 battles over the last few days and CatScaper and I have been playing Mifuchi which was a throw in from the Wakfu DVD Kickstarter. It is at its core Rock Paper Scissors Lizard Spock using cards, with a cool Wabbit mini that you progress on a track to gain treasure. It gets a little imbalanced once someone wins one of the treasures, but it is still pretty fun for what wasn't even considered or remembered as part of a Kickstarter.
Old September 13th, 2015, 08:59 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I agree with you and the main thing that annoys me is that it doesn't pay to fight. The hero's race to the exit gets old after awhile. We have a ton of 1.0 and 2.0 stuff collecting dust now, since luckily LoB has moved on to games I like more.
I've never played Descent or it's Star Wars cousin, Imperial Assault.

Several guys in my game group have been doing the Imperial Assault campaign and they seem to like it. Another guy in the group said he didn't like it because it didn't pay to fight, it was more about racing to activate this or deactivate that and such. So when you mentioned that G-O, it seems like it's the same formula for both versions of the game.

Speaking of dungeon crawl games, I'm really thinking about backing
on KS. From everything I read and previews I've seen by Rhado and NVS, this game is going to be awesome! The only dungeon crawl type game I have is Mice and Mystics, with all expansions. But I'm looking for something a little more adult orientated. I guess Warfighter Special Forces Card Game is kind of a dungeon crawl in a way, but not really.

Several things seem neat about it. There's no dice, so you use your character specific deck to do everything, from initiative to combat. You have to choose 2 cards to play and then have to use the top action of one and the bottom action of the other, as they both have top and bottom actions, you get to choose which order. Some cards are pretty powerful so once you use that specific power portion of that card, it will be gone from the game.

It's a persistent world. The story evolves as you go and choices you make will open new paths but close others. There's leveling up and retiring of characters. When a character retires, I believe there is a Risk Legacy type envelope that will offer new stuff for the town, new events, and other new stuff. The characters aren't the typical party of all buddies. They are mercenaries and while working together, they each have their own agenda. There's also like 70+scenarios. Also, from what Rhado was saying, you don't have to play it that way if you don't want. There are rules for just diving into any scenario and going to it. I believe there is also a way to run a campaign with more than one game group. It also plays solo, though you will need to run two characters, as one by itself wouldn't work the designer said because of the combos that need to be used.

Old September 13th, 2015, 09:59 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Really loving the Zure on Aerijin model. It is gorgeous and definitely the centerpiece model of the set in my opinion.

Chad really outdid himself with this sculpt. It was a pleasure to paint.

Chumjaw and Wrunk

Snag on Grizzard

The Measuring Twig was fun to paint as well and way cooler than using a ruler or tape measure

Now I just have to finish the ground units.

The commandos are nearing completion.
Old September 14th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Jormi, those are beyond gorgeous. Can't say just how jealous I am. Well done, sir, well done!

--

This weekend:

Ascension - still one of my favorite DBs
Splendor - taught some new friends--they loved it
Carcassonne - same friends; they also loved it
One Night Werewolf - we played at least 10 times--my middle child is currently obsessed
Quarriors - it had been a while; we used Light/Dark rules and really had fun!
Drakon - another older game that was still fun to pull out and play again.
Harbour - really like this little game--for a little box it packs a fun, quirky game--my wife and I had a great 2-player game

and

Twilight - my now 16yo daughter got it for her birthday--we humored you and, with the right attitude, I think we ended up all having a lot of fun (we skipped the trivia aspects and only did the other more friendship-based challenges in the game).
Old September 14th, 2015, 05:55 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you!

Thinking about placing a Miniature Market order tonight for the Machi Koro expansion.
Old September 14th, 2015, 09:43 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Today it was Star Trek Fleet Captains, Kemet, Carcassone Hunters and Gatherers and The Order of the Stick. I managed to win the first two games, while the other guy won the latter two.

Old September 14th, 2015, 11:51 PM
Prickly Cactus

Tonight I played:

Castles of Mad King Ludwig
for the first time and liked it, but I pretty much sucked at it. Not really much player interaction, certainly not doing things that affect others so much, as in Suburbia by the same designer. But definitely interesting nonetheless.

Betrayal at the House on the Hil
l - 6 player game and we ran into Dracula and his vampire bride when the haunt triggered. I had found a cool spear that added two to Might attacks, but since my character was this weak scientist dude with low might, I handed it off to the football player type character that had better might to be able to deal with the vampires. But I had also had an amulet that boosted my stats by 1 when I found it, but it lowered them all by 3 if I lost it or had to get rid of it. Well, I found a mirror in an event and had to pass an item through the mystical mirror to help someone in the past. Unfortunately the only item I had was the amulet and when I gave it up, all 4 stats dropped by 3 and my speed dropped low enough to kill me. But, even though the one player that became the haunt player, and two other players turned after being bitten, there were two heroes left and the one I gave the spear to had already put it through the sleeping Dracula's heart, and finally killed the bride to barely win it. Even though I died, I feel like attaining and handing off the spear at a key time (before dying) was instrumental in the heroes victory, so I shared in it

Old September 15th, 2015, 07:53 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Hahma,

Its good to be a team player in a co-op game. Back during the first D&D events at gaming conventions in the late 1970s, I used to win awards like "Most Helpful to the Dungeon Master or Team," which made me proud!
Old September 15th, 2015, 08:35 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Castles of Mad King Ludwig for the first time and liked it, but I pretty much sucked at it. Not really much player interaction, certainly not doing things that affect others so much,
I would argue that the Master Builder is the key to interacting and doing things to affect others. Pricing the rooms that the other players appear to need so that they still buy them while giving you as much money as you can get from them, while trying to get the room that you want without someone else buying it out from under you, is what I think gives this the cool/tension/whatever that we like in it so much.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games