Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 11th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Heroscape Architect Extraordinaire

caravaggio is surprisingly tart
i'm glad you guys are enjoying my maps. it's good to know that my degree in architecture isn't being completely wasted! until i started posting these, i hadn't realised how little map building i've gotten to do lately (all my sets are still at my friends house on the ping pong table). i am definately looking forward to getting some snow and bringing the sets back home to play with, it's just hard to get people to come to my house to play! most of the people i play with live out in the suberbs and dont like coming to town. damn them.

here's one of the more recent ones i got to build...

i kinda like the island at the back with the walkway going out to it. sadly, this one is months old. cant wait to build another one soon.
Old May 11th, 2006, 02:15 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wow. That is some pretty architecture. Makes me wish I had like a ton more road and water tiles. Those long bridges are really nice and probably make for some good battles too. The volcano is extremely impressive- how tall is it? Hope you had some fliers on that one...
Old May 11th, 2006, 02:18 PM

the only "special" rule we use is my variation on order markers. like i mentioned in that thread, those rules work well for larger maps (especially when there are a lot of hills and things).

although, lately we have been playing different kinds of games rather than kill'em all. i think our favorite variation is the one with special "victory marker" locations and after a predetermined number of rounds, the winner is the one possessing the most markers. it help speed the games along and helps move people around the board more.

...and "landscape" is the program people use to build the 3D graphics of the maps? no, i havent used that at all.

here's another one i built with a friend? we wanted to have a few layers of bridges and a well-spring. so this is only one that did have special rules. we put a healing glyph under the sparkly water in the little pool at the top. the only "special" part was that the healing pool is permanant but you cant stay there more than one turn. anyway, check it out.... sorry the pictures are so dark.

Old May 11th, 2006, 02:26 PM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
Quote:
...and "landscape" is the program people use to build the 3D graphics of the maps? no, i havent used that at all.
You should check it out!

I'd suggest that you build something cool like what you have in these photos and work from the top down in "onion mode."

A link to the landscape program can be found in this thread:

http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=58

Think of it like CAD for HeroScape.
Old May 11th, 2006, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
Wow. That is some pretty architecture. Makes me wish I had like a ton more road and water tiles. Those long bridges are really nice and probably make for some good battles too. The volcano is extremely impressive- how tall is it? Hope you had some fliers on that one...
i dont remember how tall the volcano was. counting from the picture, i counted about 38 tiles from the table to the top of the volcano. we didnt use any special rules but the one where each round players get to place new lava tiles around would have been great for this. oh well, maybe next time.

by the way, most of the maps shown so far use between 6 and 8 master sets, 4-8 extra sets of sparkly water, 4 lava sets, 3-8 forest sets.

here's some pictures of some older sets (pre forgotten forest) that i think use between 3-6 master sets. ah the old days.

i like the chasm at the back of this first one.

it was after playing on this map (the bottom two pictures) that i decided we needed better rules for movement and so i came up with my order marker variation.
Old May 11th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
These maps are spectacular

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old May 11th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by caravaggio

building this map was a group effort and that's why it sucks. my friend was really adamant about making a "tridge" (a three sided bridge) which turned out ok....i guess.
YES!!!! The return of the tridge map! I actually helped make this one, it doesn't look so pretty, but it was interesting for sure. I'd never seen so many Heroscape pieces in one place before. The scenario we played was really unbalanced, we had 9 players, some beginners, it took forever, but I won by default.

Glad to see you can finally post your pics caravaggio! Now where is the pic of that other map I won on?
Old May 11th, 2006, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funrun

Glad to see you can finally post your pics caravaggio! Now where is the pic of that other map I won on?
i dont seem to ever remember you winning! i will post the more recent maps that we got to played on soon i guess. unfortunately since my participation in building those was marginal (if at all), they weren't up to my standard. i guess there are some decent ones though. just hold yer horses!
Old May 11th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Admin

Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Oogie_Da_Bruce is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
caravaggio, your maps were so impressive I included them in a front page entry named, "The Lure of 3D Hexes".

it can be found on the front page here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/

Recent Games Played:
Old May 11th, 2006, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogie_Da_Bruce
caravaggio, your maps were so impressive I included them in a front page entry named, "The Lure of 3D Hexes".

it can be found on the front page here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/
wow, thanks man. it's truly and honor. but i think its the "sparkly water", more than anything, that makes these maps stand out. like i said, this tundra stuff is getting me pretty excited and i cant wait to get my stuff back home and start building with it again.

i'm also planning on building an energy efficient passive solar house from scratch soon if anybody wants to pitch in.
Old May 11th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by caravaggio
Quote:

i dont seem to ever remember you winning! i will post the more recent maps that we got to played on soon i guess. unfortunately since my participation in building those was marginal (if at all), they weren't up to my standard. i guess there are some decent ones though. just hold yer horses!
HA! The last game we played I won, but there was quite a battle of the dice at the end, if I remember correctly. Actually, I just remembered, I have some not-so-good pics from that night. Now that I'm thinking of it I don't think anyone else had a camera, so just to jog your memory, here is the best pic I have of that map. . .

image url
http://upload3.postimage.org/226784/photo_hosting.html

Don't worry, we'll have a rematch this summer
Old May 11th, 2006, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Actually, I just remembered, I have some not-so-good pics from that night. Now that I'm thinking of it I don't think anyone else had a camera, so just to jog your memory, here is the best pic I have of that map. . .

Don't worry, we'll have a rematch this summer
uh. the picture isnt working on my screen. anybody else see it?

and yeah.... we'll have a rematch and see just who's who and what's what!

ps...

"lady X", i have some more photos from that night (not great ones but more) but didnt post them because there are "people" in the background if you know what i mean.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios