Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 14th, 2006, 12:18 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillanator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
Ya they come like that. I got them at the Container Store for 7 bucks each. They had every general's color but red for Utgar so I had to go with black.
I can't see very well is the Vydar one clear?
It's a hazy grey.
Old August 14th, 2006, 05:59 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Like the containers!
Old November 13th, 2006, 04:40 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Morsbane's Flying Tower

Three armies converge on a mystical tower whose prize proves as elusive as victory.

Build Notes: You'll need 2-3 castle sets for this one, some VW (but not much), and around 3 master sets. Map is designed for 2-3 players.

Setup: Sorry, no VirtuaScape this time as I developed this one as I went instead of drafting it up first. It's a big map, so plan on giving it a good surface area if you want to recreate it. You'll also need some tape (I used duct tape) and a marker or some other way of marking the teleport zones.

Rules:
- Starting zone 1 is behind the raised grass tiles and left of the 7-hex rock tile in the forested area.
- Starting zone 2 is any rock tile near the lava.
- Staring zone 3, if necessary, is any sand tile.
- Flying Tower: The Tower is an independantly built ring of castle walls. After the last player has taken his/her turn for the round and before any other game mechanics take place, that player rolls a d20 to determine the location of the tower for the following round. Move the tower to the corresponding location as follows:
-- 1-5: Atop the Keep and centered.
-- 6-10: Centered on the 7-hex rock tile in staring zone 2 (Lava zone)
-- 11-15: Centered on the 7-hex rock tile island in starting zone 3.
-- 16-20: Centered on the 7-hex rock tile near the grass hedgerow in starting zone 1.
-- If a figure occupies one of the tiles the tower is attempting to land on, that figure is destroyed. (Splat!)
-- Orient the tower in precisely the same manner it was oriented in the previous round relative to ladder positions and facing.

Victory Conditions:
- Terminate all opponents.

Overview

Beach and Outpost - Starting Zone 3 (Note position of Defense glyph)

Tower moved to Starting Zone 2 area (Note position of Wind (atop tower) and Healing (behind ladder) glyphs)

Tower moved to Starting Zone 3 area (Note position of Range Glyph in far right side)

Keep, tower moved off (Note position of final glyph, Move +2, on the bridge)
Old November 13th, 2006, 05:26 PM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
Very cool element to a map / scenario. An entire chunk of terrain that moves. Thank you. You have opened up another creative map making element for our large map games. I think this could prove very interesting indeed.

Kudos to your creativity!!!!
Old November 13th, 2006, 06:08 PM

Thanks!! I think in my next map I'm going to have entire chunks of the map be rotate-able.
Old November 14th, 2006, 06:23 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Nice high bridge!
Old November 21st, 2006, 06:02 PM

Bixby knows what's in an order marker Bixby knows what's in an order marker
Velenne: We built a new Map and Scenario and one of the elements is a tower than moves around the board (Kyr-Lodin's Tower). I have posted the map and scenario in the Map Scenario section of the site. Thanks for the cool idea. I wanted to let you know you inspired us.

BTW: My figs were the only casualties being crushed by the tower. *grin* Such is life.
Old December 1st, 2006, 09:25 PM

Depths of Feylund

Plunging into the depths of the elven world, two armies attempt to navigate the multilevel, magical passages and decimate the competition.

Build Notes: You'll need at least 2 Castle sets, 1-2 VW, 2-3 Road sets, 1-2 tundra, and many master sets to complete this megamap!

Setup: This is the tricky part. You can see from the pics below that the walls are connected to the 24-hex grass pieces using ladders for stability. I've also used paper clips to support these two interconnected tiles for additional support. Once the pieces are placed on top of them, that should lend more support still and provide for a pretty solid structure. Just don't bump it too hard!

Rules:
Ice and Snow tiles: These tiles do not use the normal rules for movement. Instead, do the following when a figure moves onto one of these tiles:
-- Ice: When a figure steps fully onto the ice tiles, he must teleport to any snow space not currently occupied by another figure. This ends that figures movement.
-- Snow: Figures may walk normally over snow tiles.
Molten Lava and Lava Rock: These tiles do not use the normal rules. Instead, do the following when a figure moves onto one of these tiles:
-- Molten Lava: When a figure steps fully onto the lava tiles, he must teleport to any Lava Rock space not currently occupied by another figure. This ends that figures movment.
-- Lava Rock: Figures standing on these tiles at the end of the round do not roll for damage.

Victory Conditions:
- Terminate all opponents.

Overview

Ramp leading up to Level 2.

Ladder supports and side view

Level 1 view from beneath the overhang. Note placement of wind glyph.

Level 2 view from beneath the overhang. Note placement of healing glyph. Summon glyph is in the corresponding place on the opposite side.

Level 3 Underside showing tile placement for maximal stability. Walls in foreground

Level 3 Topside. Note position of healing and summon glyphs.
Old December 5th, 2006, 03:59 AM

Country_Dragon has disabled reputation
That is awesome I couldnt imagine trying to build it but I would love to be able to play on a map like that. That is too sweet!!

Old December 5th, 2006, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
And just because I'm proud of it, here's how I store my armies:

Bought the boxes at Container Store for 7 bucks each. Printed the images off nether's stickers and asked my g/f to laminate and cut them out. Soooo much better than our old system!
Where do I find nether's stickers that you printed out? I would really like to get some of those for my Collection.

Old December 5th, 2006, 09:34 AM

Here's nether's thread with all his funny stickers.

The Depths map was definately a logistical challenge. What make it work are the ladders holding the tiers together, and the layered 24-hex tiles that distribute the weight evenly. That and having a crapload of tiles.
Old December 6th, 2006, 12:10 AM

Thanks for the link to the stickers I dont know how I missed it all this time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios