Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 14th, 2006, 12:40 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Rychaen, ninthdoc, Rodriguez, myself and a friend (we'll call him Bilbo) played Pompeii tonight and it was definately a fun game.

We played 5-man FFA where each kill got you points based on the card's value. 300 point armies. Ry: beefy samurai, raelin, krav. ninth: saelind, deadeye, james, johnny. Rod: 15 marrow drones. Bilbo: brunak, deadeye, guilty, 3 snipers. me: morsbane, 6 obsidian. The last player added his remaining unit point total to his kill total as a bonus. Most points won.

I won.
Old May 14th, 2006, 02:42 PM

SyvarrisX has disabled reputation
Pompeii looks awesome.

This is a signature. This signature says that this is a signature. This signature is a waste of a signature!

-Syv
Old May 15th, 2006, 12:17 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I've played on it about 4 times now. Once 5-man FFA, 3 times 1v1 and it was very fun each time. In the 1v1, the player who gets his units to the glyphs fastest usually wins. Especially if most of his units are blade gruts......
Old May 15th, 2006, 01:05 PM

The Mana Tree

The Mana Tree

Locked away in a pocket dimension by forces that feared its power, the Mana Tree bears powerful fruit to those bold enough to reach into his boughs and test its blessing. One of five doorways holds the key to the tree's home. Who will tap into its power and use it to overcome his competitors?

Build: You'll need a lot of patience and some paper clips for this one. Or else have a lot of RttFF sets. We built the bridges by attaching paperclips to the bottom of the 2-tile road pieces. (see pic below) It's tricky getting them to sit flush on both sides of the bridge, but with some finagling it can be done. The result is a very interesting dynamic with the raised roadway.

Glyphs Used: Initiative +8, Move +2, Attack +1, Defense +1, Defense +2, Wind, Healer, Revive, Curse, Summon, Range +4, Lucky 20. 2 Artifact glyphs are also used. 14 glyphs in all.

Setup: Players draft 400 point armies and deploy on the island of their choice (not on road tiles, of course). Turn all the glyphs sans Artifacts face-down and put two next to the Mana Tree (the others can stay on the table for now). Place 1 Artifact glyph adjacent to the Mana Tree as well. Now roll a d20, placing the other Artifact glyph on the molten lava tile on the corresponding island as follows:
1-4: Sand Island
5-8: Volcanic Island
9-12: Copse Island
13-16: Small Island
17-20: Cave Island

Rules:
Line of Sight: If your line of sight crosses a space that is not directly above a tile, then you do not have Line of Sight for the purposes of auras, ranged attacks, etc.
Flight: You may only move over tiles; you may not move over blank spaces.
Artifact Glyphs: These act as teleporters between the Mana Tree's sanctuary and the islands. Step onto the glyph, then place your unit on the other glyph, ending that unit's movement for the turn. If the other glyph is occupied, you "telefrag" the offending unit, removing it from the game. Double-spaced figures need only place 1 tile of the base in order to teleport. If insufficient room exists for the double-spaced figure on the other side, he may not teleport. While the molten lava spaces do not contain the artifact glyph, treat them normally. When they do contain the artifact, no harm comes to units stepping onto that space. Every round, reroll the location of the island teleporter as above in the Setup section.
The Mana Tree: At the start of each round, if the Mana Tree has less than 2 glyphs (not counting the artifact) next to it, place one of the face-down glyphs adjacent to the Tree until there are 2 such glyphs there.
Glyphs: A unit may "pick up" a face-down glyph and carry it on his Army Card until he wishes to reveal it. You may reveal the glyph on that card's turn by flipping it face-up and placing it underneath the unit that picked it up. If that unit is slain before the glyph is revealed, it is instead dropped face-down in the space the slain unit formerly occupied. You may only carry one glyph on an army card at a time. Once a glyph has been revealed, it may not be moved again. Certain glyphs have special rules for this map:
----- Healer: When you reveal this glyph, place it on the army card of the unit that revealed it. On this unit's turn, you may discard the Healing glyph to cure all wounds on the card. Also, if it is not this unit's turn, you may discard the glyph in order to negate one wound recieved by the unit.
----- Summon: When you reveal this glyph, the unit that revealed it is immediately teleported to an unoccupied space adjacent to the Mana Tree. Discard this glyph.
----- Wind: This glyph works as normal except that its effects do not extend to the area with the Mana Tree.
----- Curse/Revive: These glyphs only effect the army of the player who revealed them.

Overview

Wide View

Glyphs Used

Sand Island

Cave Island

Cave - The roof can easily be lifted off to grant easier access to the cave for moving figs.

Copse Island

The Mana Tree Sanctuary (showing 2 artifact glyphs accidently)

Small Island

Volcanic Island
Old May 15th, 2006, 01:14 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Wonderful maps! Like everyone else, I would love to see these Landscaped. So if you don't mind I will attempt to recreate them in Landsape from the pics you posted.

If Velenne OKs it, would anyone else like to help me in this...he has a bunch to work on.
Old May 15th, 2006, 01:16 PM

If you wish to brave that undertaking, I wish you nothing but the best of luck!!! I just don't have the patience for those programs.
Old May 15th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
If you wish to brave that undertaking, I wish you nothing but the best of luck!!! I just don't have the patience for those programs.
Thank you. These creations were meant to be shared. I'll pm you when I finish one to get your approval. And I will be sure to credit you for the creation.

How many sets were used for each map?
Old May 15th, 2006, 01:27 PM

Wish I could tell ya. I know I have 2 RttFF and 2 lava sets. 1 Master Set. The rest is all piecemeal bought on ebay in large chunks.
Old May 15th, 2006, 01:33 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Velenne,

I felt the same way about these programs. I prefer to create with my hands on the actual terrain. I have found that if you have a lap top and landscape, that setting the lap top next to the board and then just top downing the design works real well.

I was able to document one of my maps in less than 30 minutes using my lap top next to the board w/landscape.

Just FYI

BTW, I really like the out of the box mentality you bring to your map / scenario design; they make for great play!

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 15th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Wish I could tell ya. I know I have 2 RttFF and 2 lava sets. 1 Master Set. The rest is all piecemeal bought on ebay in large chunks.
Good enough. I can work with it.

And R˙chean gives some good advice. You should give it a shot.
Old May 16th, 2006, 09:34 AM

Allskulls had done an absolutely incredible job of putting some of these into Landscape for my n00b@$$. Say a little prayer to him for making these more accessible to you.

So far, CrossRoads has been done. I hopehopehopehope for more. Be sure to pat him on the head when you see him!
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Allskulls had done an absolutely incredible job of putting some of these into Landscape for my n00b@$$. Say a little prayer to him for making these more accessible to you.

So far, CrossRoads has been done. I hopehopehopehope for more. Be sure to pat him on the head when you see him!
Thank you. It was fun and I learned a lot while putting it together. Wish I knew exactly what pieces you used because Landscape states it at 8 MS but I know that's not right. Anyways during building you can always substitute lower layer pieces.

See the map here until we get it moved to this thread.

I will definately do more. Which one do you want next?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios