Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old October 23rd, 2019, 02:00 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Green & Copper Wyrmlings - Vote & Collaborate

Not a fan of CS only working on whiffs. It generally already does anyway, but there’s no point in nerfing 4 shield rolls because the attacker only threw 1 skull.

5M/3-4A/4D at 30-35 points makes the most sense to me here. 4th Mass is strong enough, a small force of counter striking charos’s would probably make it EASIER to kill a Valiant 4th army than another squad of 4th or Raelin anyways. An OM on Green Wyrmlings is an OM not on the 4th.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 23rd, 2019, 06:01 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Not a fan of CS only working on whiffs. It generally already does anyway, but there’s no point in nerfing 4 shield rolls because the attacker only threw 1 skull.

5M/3-4A/4D at 30-35 points makes the most sense to me here. 4th Mass is strong enough, a small force of counter striking charos’s would probably make it EASIER to kill a Valiant 4th army than another squad of 4th or Raelin anyways. An OM on Green Wyrmlings is an OM not on the 4th.
So, here's the Green Wyrmling that was submitted in 2011:

5 defense Counterstrike, coupled with Valiant, being played in a 4th mass army, and the 30 point cost, were the deal breakers.

I think that lowering the Move to 4, and dropping the defense to 4 will go a long way to reducing their 4th mass appeal. The wound on whiff counter strike is the piece that really keeps the 4th from wanting them over another squad of 4th. I admit that I'm not really a fan of it myself though. I would prefer the 1 max wound if any excess shields are rolled route.
Old September 21st, 2020, 06:59 PM

UtgarsWorstFear is surprisingly tart

I am attempting to post an image of the card I use for the Green Wyrmling in my games here, but either I'm not sure how or I do not have access to do so.

My Green Wyrmling is a blend of all the great cards already submitted of course. The major change is I attempted to streamline the wording off Fledgling Counterstrike, but maintain the one wound stipulation.

Fledgling Counterstrike
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure and any excess shields are rolled, the attacking figure receives one wound.

+ Wyrmling Bonding and Flying

1 Life, 5 move, 1 range, 4 attack, 4 defense, 35 points.

Hopefully someone on a mission to "complete" the wyrmling set finds that set up as reasonable and balanced as I do!

C3G is why I play heroscape.
Old September 21st, 2020, 07:16 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtgarsWorstFear View Post
I am attempting to post an image of the card I use for the Green Wyrmling in my games here, but either I'm not sure how or I do not have access to do so.

My Green Wyrmling is a blend of all the great cards already submitted of course. The major change is I attempted to streamline the wording off Fledgling Counterstrike, but maintain the one wound stipulation.

Fledgling Counterstrike
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure and any excess shields are rolled, the attacking figure receives one wound.

+ Wyrmling Bonding and Flying

1 Life, 5 move, 1 range, 4 attack, 4 defense, 35 points.

Hopefully someone on a mission to "complete" the wyrmling set finds that set up as reasonable and balanced as I do!
There was another thread that I recently necro'd in favor of the Green Wyrmling. This is ultimately what we came up with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
LIFE = 1
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 35

FLEDGLING COUNTERSTRIKE

For each excess shield a Green Wyrmling rolls when defending against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, roll an unblockable attack die against the attacking figure.

WYRMLING BONDING

FLYING
The only realistic issue not moving this forward is mini availability.

Last edited by Sheep; September 21st, 2020 at 07:36 PM. Reason: and playtesting of course
Old September 21st, 2020, 07:26 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Although I'm not surprised, I find this interesting...

eBay: Heroscape Green Wyrmling Custom - $15
Old September 21st, 2020, 08:19 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Although I'm not surprised, I find this interesting...

eBay: Heroscape Green Wyrmling Custom - $15
lol, normal counter strike, Valiant, and only 25 points.
Yeah that would be an A- tier at the minimum. Potentially even A tier.
Old September 21st, 2020, 09:48 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
There was another thread that I recently necro'd in favor of the Green Wyrmling. This is ultimately what we came up with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
LIFE = 1
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 35

FLEDGLING COUNTERSTRIKE

For each excess shield a Green Wyrmling rolls when defending against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, roll an unblockable attack die against the attacking figure.

WYRMLING BONDING

FLYING
The only realistic issue not moving this forward is mini availability.
Yep. I predict 3D printing gets is there within a year.
Old September 21st, 2020, 10:04 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nothing wrong with an A tier I understand that most design tries to be B tier or C tier but once every few years isn't bad.
Old September 22nd, 2020, 03:46 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Nothing wrong with an A tier I understand that most design tries to be B tier or C tier but once every few years isn't bad.
It is when we're talking about forcing a unit through the SoV.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 22nd, 2020, 09:42 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Everyone might disagree, but I think this is the best version as it fits both thematically as "baby Charos" and fixes ALL the issues is make him/her/it Uncommon @ 3 or 4 life and no Wyrmling bonding. You can still play them bonding with other Wyrmling's but cannot have an army of just Green Wyrmlings and 4th mass, or a bunch of them with Raelin and range (Nilf/Q9/KMA/Stingers, etc). This fixes issues of them not being overpowered with 4th mass, against only melee, maps with a lot of height changes, etc.

Quote:
Green Wyrmling
Dragon
Uncommon Hero
Wyrmling
Valiant

Life: 3 or 4
Move:5
Attack: 4
Defense: 4

Counterstrike or Fledgling Counter Strike

Flying

{no Wyrmling bonding}
Old September 22nd, 2020, 09:51 AM

It’s extreme for sure and I don’t think the current version has been proven to be broken.

Either way I think directing all discussion to the other Green Wyrmling thread would be more productive.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards