Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old October 2nd, 2019, 10:07 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Thanks @TREX , these were fun to paint. Since I already have some survivors painted, I may try to play a solo game of Fallout this weekend.

I hear you about getting burned out of painting humans sometimes. So it's good to mix things up on occasion by painting monsters, animals, humanoids, scatter terrain and bigger terrain pieces. It's nice to have a rotation of subjects to help keep from getting burned out, but you also get more stuff done for a variety of uses.

I had forced myself to finally finish the Warsenal terrain because it was sitting in a box for over a year with only a little bit painted. That gave me a break from painting minis. Now I'm back painting minis, and have gained a lot more finished terrain to use for several games. I think it's healthy to rotate hobby subjects so you don't feel like something is a chore because it's all you're doing.
Your warsenal terrain works for fallout too. There is definitely some places in the game resembling military structures as well. Its a nice set and I like how you painted it up. Ive thought about making some buildings somewhat like that. Ive really wanted to build a big portion of a prison to go with my other terrain for walking dead. I also would like to make some big chunky walls/rocky multi plateau type features for my dungeon board. I just have quite a few big terrain pieces already and making space for more terrain wouldnt be the easiest thing to do. I might settle for a few bigger xps foam pieces of the latter and tie them in with my underdark them. I got my two core boxes of runewars in yesterday. The models are situated just like star wars legion except they have attached bases. They were easy to put together and look awesome.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 3rd, 2019, 11:38 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

So I finished assembling the two core boxes of runewars and also assembled 4 expansion boosters. I was so impressed with the models for the price along with the game looking fun enough that I picked up the other two army boxes. The two core armies are of humans and undead. The two other armies are of elves and some kind of demons. I will be painting these all of my own tastes and not like the box art. Ill be doing the entire elven faction up like Night elves from blizzards warcraft games. The undead will likely be similar to the box art, I plan on making the demon faction heavily red colors with bony ivory colored protrusions, and the humans will likely be painted up like the human faction of Azeroth from warcraft. The models look amazing, and the prices are great. Its also fun that I already have the legitimate play mats for their game that I use for many other games. Im also super stoked that Ill be getting a bunch of sweet alternatives for demon and undead minis to run in my frostgrave games.

Old October 4th, 2019, 09:12 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Dang @TREX , you'll have 10,000 minis before you know it

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 4th, 2019, 09:47 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Dang @TREX , you'll have 10,000 minis before you know it
I dont think so, my wife will definitely kill me first.

Old October 5th, 2019, 12:29 PM
"like" happy

Hey @Hahma . It seems Joe was reading our minds. Did you see that issue 5 of spellcaster will have xp values for all the monsters in the books? Absolutely wonderful. I can see either running a complete monster hunting scenario or just using those values in every scenario as an added bonus to kill the beasts instead of running from them. Ill be picking up issue 4 and 5 once 5 gets a print on demand feature. Im really not a fan of the kindle version that I have for issue 1. I think Ill just rebuy it in physical form. Very neat stuff. I think this latest issue of spellcaster is the most exciting yet.

Old October 5th, 2019, 01:22 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yep @TREX , I saw that, and git Spellcaster 5 yesterday I haven't been getting the printed version of them, just the pdf. It has a variety of stuff in it, with a good bit of Ghost Archipelago material. There's a huge scenario for 6+ players to play simultaneously on 2 boards, though I won't ever try that. But the hunter and hunter scenario seems cool.

I had figured there may be individual creature xp's eventually, when I had mentioned it. I figured he would perhaps do that to mirror what he did with Rangers of Shadow Deep, particularly for the solo Frostgrave rules, as that would be helpful and more fun to help get xp's for leveling up.

Old October 5th, 2019, 02:51 PM
Prickly Cactus

Finished the Deathclaw from the 2 player starter set of Fallout Wasteland Warfare. I wanted to try the sewer scenario tomorrow, where a Deathclaw might show up, so I had to get it done.

Old October 5th, 2019, 03:11 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Yep @TREX , I saw that, and git Spellcaster 5 yesterday I haven't been getting the printed version of them, just the pdf. It has a variety of stuff in it, with a good bit of Ghost Archipelago material. There's a huge scenario for 6+ players to play simultaneously on 2 boards, though I won't ever try that. But the hunter and hunter scenario seems cool.

I had figured there may be individual creature xp's eventually, when I had mentioned it. I figured he would perhaps do that to mirror what he did with Rangers of Shadow Deep, particularly for the solo Frostgrave rules, as that would be helpful and more fun to help get xp's for leveling up.
Oh, Im jealous you already have it. Does it cover beasts from all the books. Any spoilers would be welcome in that sense. Im sure Ill have to wait a few weeks for the print on demand version.

Ive put a little more thought into solo ing all the frostgrave books. Im thinking: a full team of monsters with either monster stats or soldier stats. 10 figures. Or if you had 2 people playing in a coop kind of way I would just double the enemy count. I would make the enemy units allied against the players and possibly allied with the monsters that might randomly spawn.
They would have a few prioritys.
Priority one: enemies go for treasure.
Priority two:
If an enemy is in line of sight of a warband member it will move towards and or attack closest warband member
Priority three: if an enemy has a treasure it makes its way off the table.
All enemy warbands/monsters activate in creature phase.

I think that would cover most details for the scenarios.

Old October 5th, 2019, 03:12 PM
"like" happy

Oh man. That deathclaw is awesome. I need to paint some of that action.

Old October 6th, 2019, 08:06 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:

Oh, Im jealous you already have it. Does it cover beasts from all the books. Any spoilers would be welcome in that sense. Im sure Ill have to wait a few weeks for the print on demand version.

Ive put a little more thought into solo ing all the frostgrave books. Im thinking: a full team of monsters with either monster stats or soldier stats. 10 figures. Or if you had 2 people playing in a coop kind of way I would just double the enemy count. I would make the enemy units allied against the players and possibly allied with the monsters that might randomly spawn.
They would have a few prioritys.
Priority one: enemies go for treasure.
Priority two:
If an enemy is in line of sight of a warband member it will move towards and or attack closest warband member
Priority three: if an enemy has a treasure it makes its way off the table.
All enemy warbands/monsters activate in creature phase.

I think that would cover most details for the scenarios.
Yes, it has creatures from all the Frostgrave books, though not Ghost Archipelago. There is a table for the list, and an abbreviation column for which book the creature is from , a column for how many XP'S, and a column for extra stuff, such as ingredients you harvest from that creature and in some you get a potion.

Sounds like a good start for your solo rules, though you might want to narrow it down in some cases, as a rat or boar may not care about taking treasure off the board. So you may have to come up with a case by case basis for who or what will try to take treasure and who or what will just try to attack the wizard and the warband. Also, perhaps have a chance that a wandering monster will be aligned with the enemy, but also a chance that they will just attack anything. Could even narrow that down more if you like, as perhaps depending on the wandering monster, it may not attack certain types of the enemy if they are too big or tough. Though of course, that adds complications.

One thing that is different with Rangers, is that the creatures turn is after the Ranger phase, and then your companions go after the creature phase. So to make it more interesting, perhaps you can try having the monster phase after the apprentice phase, and then the soldier phase after that for any soldiers that didn't activate during the wizard or apprentice phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Oh man. That deathclaw is awesome. I need to paint some of that action.
Thanks. I got through a few rounds of a scenario yesterday and will try to finish it up today. It goes 8 rounds.

Old October 8th, 2019, 05:58 PM
Prickly Cactus

On Saturday, I played the first 3 rounds of the Into the Sewer scenario for Fallout Wasteland Warfare, with me playing the Survivors and having the AI control the Super Mutants.

The Survivors need to find the keys to the escape hatch in the road, so they can get away from a bunch of Super Mutants. Nora and Dogmeat Scout were able to find the locations of the keys behind the red house. One is in a lock box that needs to be picked, and the other is locked with a computer terminal that needs to be hacked. Unfortunately, the Tech had already headed up past the 2 crashed cars to look for the keys up there, so he was just about the furthest from the computer terminal as could be. But not all was lost, as he did find an extended barrel for his combat shotgun, who adds one higher range to both short and long.

The female settler made the mistake of getting too far forward and tried to duck into the red house to hide, but a Mutant Hound charged her before she could get the door closed and killed her.

The other settler was taking shots here and there, and did good. He had wounded a Mutant Hound before it charged him, then took some damage himself before finishing off the Hound in melee. The other Hound that killed the female settler came after him and he finished it off, as it had a couple wounds from the female settler.

The event for the 2nd round was an air drop from a vertibird, it's the item token near the sewer entrance, but nobody has been able to retrieve it yet. The event for the 3rd round was a stranger shows up as a token until someone interacts with it. The Tech got over there and interacted, to find tat it was a field medic that would heal him if he discarded an item as trade. But he wasn't wounded and not close enough to the male settler to heal him, so the medic left.

Nora was able to pick the lock in the box to get one key, and now she and Dogmeat Scout are on their way to the computer terminal, though she's not as good at computers as she is with lockpicking. Too bad the Tech is wandering and doing his own thing, as he is a great hacker.

On Sunday, I finished playing rounds 4-8.

The Aviator Super Mutant kept focusing on the male settler by the cars.

The Brute only wanted to smash Nora and moved then charged/battle cried from inside the carport to get to her and would really smack her on its next attack. Dogmeat Scout went over to help Nora, taking advantage of getting the extra green die for outnumbering the Brute. Did some damage.

The remaining Mutant Hound came around from the front of the red house to get closer to Dogmeat.

Nora attacked a couple times while outnumbering the Brute but missed one of the attacks and couldn't finish him off. They did eventually finish him off and then were able to finish off the Hound. Fortunately the Hound missed an attack but Nora and Dogmeat had their armor bonus and full health, so they were in good shape regardless.

Aviator took out the male settler, while the Tech decided to finally make his way towards the computer terminal behind the red house.
The Aviator had his own problems, as at the start of the 6th round, the Deathclaw came out by the Tobacco shop. The Deathclaw would go after the Aviator, and stunning him. The Aviator 's priority became the objective, Nora, so he disengaged the Deathclaw and hopped the fence. The Deathclaw would follow him and did a little damage and threw him near the sewer entrance.

Meanwhile, the Tech eventually git ti the computer terminal and in the last round, he got the key and moved to just inside yellow of Nora share rhe key so she had both of them.

Nora's last activation got her just barely to the sewer entrance, where she was able to unlock it and leave into the sewer. Dogmeat double moved to get adjacent to the sewer entrance and left also. The Super Mutant left the house and attacked the Tech.

Minor victory, as at least Nora got out. Needed 3 good guys to get out for major victory. The Tech was in trouble, but did his job for the cause.

Last edited by Hahma; October 8th, 2019 at 07:35 PM.
Old October 9th, 2019, 12:56 AM
"like" happy

That looks great @Hahma . I cant wait to get some of my game campaigns rolling and use more of my minis and terrain Ive put together. I like how you reused the walking dead terrain. It doesnt have the exact look of the fallout world but has the same feel to it. I was thinking Id recreate it exactly but after seeing your setup theres no need. It crosses over great. I got my runewars elves and demons in and I just finished assembling the elves and did the couple boxes of demons last night. Epic. Ive been printing some pretty sweet looking monsters on the printer as well. I finished a giant beholder this morning. Strangely enough this will be my first beholder character. Ive never had that monster before. Lots of fun. Im debating what to paint next. Still need to paint taun tauns and shoretroopers but am kind of burnt out with the star wars guys for a minute.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures