Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old August 20th, 2018, 11:17 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Loopholes

Sweet. I'm in.

Spoiler Alert!

Yes that's real. No, I have no idea why they sent it to someone in their 20s.

~Dysole, tongue in cheek
Old August 21st, 2018, 01:14 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Gencon 2018 Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Ruler View Post
Hi back at ya DS. You were missed and we hope you make it next year. I want to run a very special event during the flex tournament next year -- a "Senior Tournament" for mature Scapers. To participate, you will have to be AARP eligible. For those of you who don't know what AARP is, you are definitely not eligible. There should be somewhere between 6 to 8 of us.

We will have special rules. If you forget to do something, no problem as long as board state has not really changed. We can use large print cards. The tournament will start fairly early as most of us are up early and don't stay up too late. If you need to take a bathroom break or get more coffee (which of course leads to more bathroom breaks) no problem. We will also extend time for the games so we can reminisce about the "good old days". Of course, we will need a "senior discount" for our tickets. There will be special prizes for those of us who embarrass our children. (This post may earn me a prize.)

I ran this idea by some of the more mature players this year, and there was serious interest. Ideas to create the best, most prestigious tournament are welcome.
Best. Thing. Ever.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; August 21st, 2018 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Also, tell those damned kids to stop rushing me.
Old August 24th, 2018, 01:59 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I was approached for the the old man league, sure why not, a chance to win HS dice, you know I will show up. Next year will be my 11th year at GC for HS, so that is pretty cool,

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old August 25th, 2018, 12:32 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
I was approached for the the old man league, sure why not, a chance to win HS dice, you know I will show up. Next year will be my 11th year at GC for HS, so that is pretty cool,
That's "Wise Men's League"
Old August 28th, 2018, 01:49 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Mostly-complete main event day 1 results follow. If you know any missing HSer IDs, or have corrections, let me know.

T-1st (5-0)
  • Tom B (Hendal) - Nilfheim, Greenscales x2, Hydra, Marcu, Isamu, nagrubs x1
  • Ken W (Matthias Maccabeus) - Axegrinders x4, Darrak, Marcu, Hatamoto

T-3rd (4-1)
  • Tanner H (vegietarian18) - Tagawa Samurai Archers x3, Knights x1, Alistair, Syvarris, Raelin
  • Joe R (Clarissimus) - Fen Hydra x3, Saylind, Marro Warriors
  • Nathan R (Mr. Chompy) - Gorillinators x4, Nakitas, Otonashi
  • Evan S (Evantage) - 4th x2, Romans x2, MDG, Q10
  • Mike S (OrcElfArmyOne) - PKs x2, WoA x2, Concan, Arkmer, Johrdawn, Kyntela
  • Adam T (dok) - Tor-Kul-Na, nagrubs x4, Raelin, Sam Brown, Otonashi

9th (3-1-1)
  • Matthew A (ISB3) - Cutters x3, Dünd, Agent Carr, Alistair

T-10th (3-2)
  • Clayton (Chill) - Ulginesh, Arkmer, Johrdawn, Chardris, Raelin
  • Michael K (WOOKIE) - Stingers x5, Drake (SotM), Marcu
  • William O (Major Q23) - Axegrinders x2, Darrak, Tarn Vikings, Arkmer, PK x1, Tandros
  • Chris Perkins - Mezzos x2, Knights x1, Thorgrim, Raelin, Zetacron, Marro Warriors, Marcu
  • Mark P (Rÿchean) - Aubrien Archers x4, Sonlen, Arkmer
  • Sam R (Dysole) - 4th x2, Templar Cavalry x2, Raelin, Eldgrim
  • Bradley W (Astroking112) - Zelrig, Greenscales x2, Nakitas, Sam Brown
  • Michael W (William099) - Warforged x4, Siege, Marro Warriors
----------------
  • Darrin B (The Orange Mailman) - Nilfheim, Mezzos x3, Ninjas of the Northern Wind
  • Tyler B (Tyesheron) - Tagawa Samurai, Izumi Samurai, Kozuke Samurai, Kaemon Awa, Marro Warriors
  • Nick E (nicktheant) - Stingers x4, Braxas, Kyntela
  • Sarah F - Fen Hydra, Raelin, Krav, Q9, Isamu
  • Terry F (SWNinja) - Sentinels x2, Krav, Raelin, Atlaga
  • Gabe G - 10th x3, Taelord, Raelin
  • George S (DragonRuler) - Sacred Band x2, MDG, Raelin, Kaemon Awa, RedW x3

25th (2-2)
  • Mike J (lonewolf) - Spiders x3, Wyvern, Aubrien Archers x2, Venoc Warlord

T-26th (2-3)
  • Alexander - Cyprien, Sonya, Iskra, Rechets, Ornak, Anubian Wolves x1, Marcu
  • Nathan A (Infectedsloth) - PK x2, Deathreavers x2, Concan, Brunak, Erevan
  • Brian B (weebaer) - Tagawa Samurai Archers x2, Tagawa Samurai, Kaemon, Raelin (SotM)
  • Joshua B - Venocs x5, Venoc Warlord, Kaemon, Theracus
  • Chandler B (MrWookie) - Aubriens x3, Venoc Warlord, Q10
  • Michael C (capsocrates) - Horned Skull Brutes x2, Deathreavers x2, Kaemon Awa, Eltahale
  • Michael C - WoA x3, Raelin, Syvarris, Arkmer, Sharwin Wildborn
  • John E - Phantom Knights x5, Kaemon Awa, Marcu
  • David L (lefton4ya) - PKs x3, Mezzos x2, Sir Dupuis
  • Brett L - Charos, Q10, Izumi Samurai, PK x1
  • Vincent M (vminer) - Death Chasers x3, Warhulk, Q10, Dumutef
  • Sawyer R (SonOfChompie) - Romans x2, MDG, NGS, Raelin, Roman Archers x2, Isamu
  • Don Z (Scytale) - Einar Imperium x2, Kiova, Raelin (SotM)

39th (1-3-1)
  • Mark P - Tagawa Samurai, Drake (SotM), Raelin, Krav, Isamu

40th (1-2)
  • Isaac G (Zeekthefreak) - Deathreavers x4, Moltenclaw, Q10, Otonashi

T-41st(1-4)
  • David B (Viideosayg)- Ulginesh, Arkmer, Chardris, Emirroon, Morsbane, Kyntela
  • Austin C - Braxas, WoA x4, Raelin
  • Erica K - Stingers x4, Hive, NGS

T-44th (0-3)
  • Mitch E (Mr. Migraine) - Microcorp x3, Raelin, Airborne Elite
  • Micah F - Zombies x4, Cyprien, Heirloom
  • Nathan S - Marrden Hounds x3, Evar Scarcarver, Iron Golem, Isamu

T-47th (0-5)
  • Mike N - DW9k, Fen Hydra, Iron Golem, Zettian Guards, BlackW, WhiteW
  • Matt W - Mimring, Airborne Elite, Krav, Raelin, Marro Warriors

Last edited by dok; August 28th, 2018 at 02:25 PM.
Old August 28th, 2018, 03:48 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
if we'd been using partial card scoring.
Much like trebuchets are the superior siege weapon to catapults, partial card scoring is superior to full. (Fully understanding that full makes things a bit simpler for big tournaments, of course.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
T-47th (0-5)
So there were 48 players in the main event? Awesome!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 30th, 2018, 11:50 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
if we'd been using partial card scoring.
Much like trebuchets are the superior siege weapon to catapults, partial card scoring is superior to full. (Fully understanding that full makes things a bit simpler for big tournaments, of course.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
T-47th (0-5)
So there were 48 players in the main event? Awesome!
Yeah, great turnout for Main Event.

As for partial vs full, partial is by far better, and full doesn't really help in major tourneys like GenCon anymore (seeing as we no longer keep track of points from round to round, points are only used to determine a winner if the game goes to time).
Old August 30th, 2018, 12:00 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I think the main argument for full card is just "that's what the rulebook says", which... I mean, I get it. But the very same section says that you play to a round limit, not a time limit, and we don't do that. I think deviating from the rulebook on how to score a game that's cut short in a way that deviates from the rules is fairly reasonable.

That said, I don't honestly care that the scoring rules are kind of erratic. The only thing that bothers me is partial card scoring for unique squads, because that actually changes the way people play when the time limit is approaching in a way that's cheesy and lame.
Old August 30th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I could be wrong, but I've long thought that the justification for full card scoring is that it's easier to calculate. Less math between rounds, when time is very precious to the tournament directors. Especially in a big tournament.

Mind you, I would still prefer partial card scoring, but nobody asked me.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 30th, 2018, 12:33 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

So, wait, everyone's in agreement that partial is just way better? First I got (helped get) the reverse rounds schedule changed for main event, so now let me start a petition to change official scoring to partial card. Naturally, this gets my aye.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 30th, 2018, 12:53 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
So, wait, everyone's in agreement that partial is just way better? First I got (helped get) the reverse rounds schedule changed for main event, so now let me start a petition to change official scoring to partial card. Naturally, this gets my aye.
It’d be my yes. I’ve only been to GC once but I’ve played tourneys with Full card scoring and it sucks in endgames when the game is close.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 30th, 2018, 12:54 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Want to see more mezzos? Because that's how you see more mezzos.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con