Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old February 3rd, 2010, 12:24 PM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker
Re: Wave 11 Boosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylama View Post
"1 Common Utgar Squad that has been tormented into almost forgetting where their allegiance once stood."
Hmmm...weren't we promised undead? This sounds undeadish to me...
Could be, but skeletons don't have the equipment necessary to "almost forget" anything.

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930
Old February 3rd, 2010, 12:26 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
Quote:
Seriously though, how are you supposed to get squads from that mess. Looks like lots of uncommons in the pipeline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
I can't believe none of us saw the hordes of common/uncommon heroes coming. A perfect answer to the difficulty of finding matching squad sculpts among the D&D minis. And I think it works well, thematically, for the D&D line.
I saw it coming, as pointed out above.

Thats not all I've seen coming, sadly.
You say this like its a bad thing. I love uncommon/common heroes.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 12:27 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylama View Post
"1 Common Utgar Squad that has been tormented into almost forgetting where their allegiance once stood."
Hmmm...weren't we promised undead? This sounds undeadish to me...
Could be, but skeletons don't have the equipment necessary to "almost forget" anything.
Ghouls? Shadows?

I should probably get back to work...
Old February 3rd, 2010, 12:29 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Seriously though, how are you supposed to get squads from that mess. Looks like lots of uncommons in the pipeline.
Quote:
I can't believe none of us saw the hordes of common/uncommon heroes coming. A perfect answer to the difficulty of finding matching squad sculpts among the D&D minis. And I think it works well, thematically, for the D&D line.
I saw it coming, as pointed out above.

Thats not all I've seen coming, sadly.
You say this like its a bad thing. I love uncommon/common heroes.
If it wasn't that it would be something else.....
Old February 3rd, 2010, 12:34 PM

2xHero knows what's in an order marker 2xHero knows what's in an order marker

From the home page:

"1 Common Ullar Squad who can swear loyalty to a new king each battle"

Nilfeim and Charos are "kings." Could there be synergy here?
Old February 3rd, 2010, 12:38 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Could be, we've been told that the Waves will have synergy with previous waves.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old February 3rd, 2010, 12:41 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

2XHero: Great point! When I read this, I wondered 'shouldn't they have said 'Generals?' But I don't think they'd make that kind of mistake...
Old February 3rd, 2010, 12:44 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xHero View Post
From the home page:

"1 Common Ullar Squad who can swear loyalty to a new king each battle"

Nilfeim and Charos are "kings." Could there be synergy here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Could be, we've been told that the Waves will have synergy with previous waves.
That will be interesting if it does involved Charos and Nilfheim. I can't imagine it will boost either of them (they don't need it), but maybe the unit in question gets the boost depending on the King.

-insert signature here-
Old February 3rd, 2010, 12:45 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
That will be interesting if it does involved Charos and Nilfheim. I can't imagine it will boost either of them (they don't need it), but maybe the unit in question gets the boost depending on the King.
I'd argue that Charos is strong enough but could get boosted a little without being overpowered. Given that the squad is Ullar, maybe it's synergy with Ullar kings, and there is another Ullar king in the works?
Old February 3rd, 2010, 12:52 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

The biggest surprise to me about this new set is the inclusion of 6 common heroes.

Since common heroes have 1 life, I've been trying to think of ways to make up for their frailty. Here's what I've got so far:

-Make them cheap filler units
-Give them very high defense or some other power (IE vanish) which increases their longevity
-Give them a 'rejected by death' like power which will allow you to bring back previously killed ones at the start of each round.
-Make them useful even in death (like the viking spirits)

Can anyone think of any others?
Old February 3rd, 2010, 12:53 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
Can anyone think of any others?
Yes.

Quote:
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; February 3rd, 2010 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 12:53 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I'd argue that Charos is strong enough but could get boosted a little without being overpowered. Given that the squad is Ullar, maybe it's synergy with Ullar kings, and there is another Ullar king in the works?

Maybe said unit inherits the abilities/specials of the King its swears loyalty too?

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News