Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Old November 9th, 2008, 01:09 PM

STEALTHRULER is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Spider-Man

I agree; However, you must take in consideration that that this isn't crazy string. According to the comics, If spider-man wrapped THE THING in his web, it would take him 4 days or weeks (Can't remember) to escape. That's steel string ya got there!

Personally, I often Pair Spidey with the ninjas. They're like mini spidermen, and they have an attack of 4, which is reliable.

Back them up by kravs or nakitas, with some deathreavers mixed in, and maybe old dusty raelin on your top shelf that you never play with because she doesn't have whirlwind, and you got a pretty good army there.

My Customs My Maps
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9
Old December 5th, 2008, 01:49 PM

Lord3 has disabled reputation

I'm suprised nobody pointed out that... In the comics, Parkers Spider Sense isn't effected by Venom. Venom can always sneak up on Spidey easy. It's got to do with the symbiote. Since it was formerly Parkers, it knows how to mask Brock from that ability.

Thats what always made venom such a devestating enemy when they fight.

They could have squeezed in the sentence "Spider Sense 11 may not be employed against Venom".
Old December 5th, 2008, 01:52 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord3 View Post
I'm suprised nobody pointed out that... In the comics, Parkers Spider Sense isn't effected by Venom. Venom can always sneak up on Spidey easy. It's got to do with the symbiote. Since it was formerly Parkers, it knows how to mask Brock from that ability.

Thats what always made venom such a devestating enemy when they fight.

They could have squeezed in the sentence "Spider Sense 11 may not be employed against Venom".
Yeah, that's been pointed out. I don't think it's really important. They didn't want to make things too complicated, probably.

And you can always make a house rule.
Old December 5th, 2008, 02:09 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I agree with Lord Pyre; the omission is probably for purposes of simplicity, but it may also have to do with some fundamentals of Heroscape game design. So far, with the exception of the Wave 7 vampires, no card powers call out other specific cards. For example, Valguard's Berserker Charge Enhancement doesn't refer to the Tarn Viking Warriors by name, even though they're the only unit the power benefits right now. Designing this way leaves the possibilities open for other future units with the Bereserker Charge ability.

Personally, I like this aspect of Heroscape design. It would be very limiting if characters started having abilities like "Lex Luthor rolls 1 additional attack die when attacking Superman."
Old December 5th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like it when the comic-book elements are translated into Heroscape in a low-key way, without "naming names." The Abomination is stronger than a calm Hulk, but an angered Hulk quickly develops more power. Captain America's Tactician power just happens to give more help to his fellow Avenger, Iron Man, than to any of the other Conflict Begins figures. Mechanically, Spider-Man is most efficient when protecting someone else. That's the way to do it: let the relationships and personalities come across subtly where possible.

If Marvel thrives and continues, I'm sure there will be a place for mutant-wide bonuses and things of that nature, but it would be nice to see the low-key approach expand, too.

Rather than see Wolverine and Beast get an explicit Fastball Special interaction, it would be better to see Beast get a "Boost" power that let him move allies, then Wolverine get a "First Strike," sort of like a much broader Engagement Strike that works whether he's approached or he approaches the enemy himself. The combo would be there for those who want it, but not as an Iskra-and-Rechets type thing. Maybe drafting Theracus to move Wolverine is better, or maybe Beast would be more effective if he hurled a Gladiatron at you instead.
Old December 6th, 2008, 12:01 AM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight View Post
Rather than see Wolverine and Beast get an explicit Fastball Special interaction, it would be better to see Beast get a "Boost" power that let him move allies, then Wolverine get a "First Strike," sort of like a much broader Engagement Strike that works whether he's approached or he approaches the enemy himself.
I think you're thinking of Colossus, not Beast.

The big Russian is who traditionally throws Wolvie around.
Old December 6th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Rather than see Wolverine and Beast get an explicit Fastball Special interaction, it would be better to see Beast get a "Boost" power that let him move allies, then Wolverine get a "First Strike," sort of like a much broader Engagement Strike that works whether he's approached or he approaches the enemy himself.

Well maybe Colossus and Beast should both be able to throw Wolvie around. Did you ever think of that? *invading personal space* Huh? Huh? Didja? Didja!?
Old December 6th, 2008, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well maybe Colossus and Beast should both be able to throw Wolvie around. Did you ever think of that? *invading personal space* Huh? Huh? Didja? Didja!?
*runs away in terror* Okay, okay - Beast can too, Beast can too!
Old December 6th, 2008, 05:25 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

*runs away in terror* Okay, okay - Beast can too, Beast can too!
While I'm unaware of an instance where Beast threw Wolverine, the Cannonball (or fastball) special was used by many characters, including Spider-Man throwing Shadowcat.

http://www.comicvine.com/fastball-special/12-41709/

-fomox, who is now even nerdier than he was before, though many thought that was impossible.
Old December 7th, 2008, 09:10 PM

eternaldream knows what's in an order marker eternaldream knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I like it when the comic-book elements are translated into Heroscape in a low-key way, without "naming names." The Abomination is stronger than a calm Hulk, but an angered Hulk quickly develops more power. Captain America's Tactician power just happens to give more help to his fellow Avenger, Iron Man, than to any of the other Conflict Begins figures. Mechanically, Spider-Man is most efficient when protecting someone else. That's the way to do it: let the relationships and personalities come across subtly where possible.

If Marvel thrives and continues, I'm sure there will be a place for mutant-wide bonuses and things of that nature, but it would be nice to see the low-key approach expand, too.
That's interesting to think about. I'm still a little hesitant to pick up Marvelscape, but I'm getting a little more into it now. Just because I see the possibilities of combining the too. Like you said, the superheroes have been simplified a lot. However, I think they're simplified enough so their powers are recognized, without getting too complicated. Heroscape's simplicity is what drew me to it in the first place, so I'm glad that even with its licenced expansions it's keeping to its roots.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 01:41 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Say Spider-Man is attached while walking away from an engagement, a skull is rolled, and you roll 11+ for spider sense.

Does Spider-Man therefore get a swing-line move in addition to his regular move? If so, does the swing line start from the space where Spider man began the disengagement from (as oppose to the space he was moving to)? If so, does Spider-Man still have that move when he finishes the swing-line?
Old December 23rd, 2008, 02:11 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Leaving engagement attack is not the same as an attack, so no.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; December 23rd, 2008 at 02:17 AM. Reason: and I could be wrong since they are both "attacks"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's