Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old August 19th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Yvonne Craig has died

I met this charming woman many, many years ago and had such a wonderful conversation with her. She was an amazing role model for many young women, my wife included. Couldn't be a nicer person. Sad day.

I had actually based my custom card somewhat around her. Here's what I wrote on my intro text to my Batgirl card. Perhaps a fitting eulogy:

1960s Batman television series. That's where I first saw Batgirl. Oh sure, Betty Kane came first. But who remembers her? This is a Yvonne Craig, combined with the comics, version of Batgirl. She's smart and she fights. (Believe it or not Yvonne Craig's Batgirl was not allowed to engage in hand-to-hand combat on screen, she had to do straight kicks to her opponent's face!)

Yvonne Craig, the actress best known for her role as Batgirl in the 1960’s “Batman” TV series, died on Monday. She was 78.

Craig passed away at her home in Pacific Palisades surrounded by her family, according to her spokesman. She had been suffering from breast cancer that metastasized to her liver.

Craig also played Martha, the green Orion Slave Girl who wanted to kill Captain Kirk, in the third season of “Star Trek.”

Her guest appearances on TV include “The Man From U.N.C.L.E.,” “Fantasy Island,” “The Mod Squad” and “The Many Lives of Dobie Gillis.”

She also starred in two movies opposite Elvis Presley, “It Happened at the World’s Fair” and “Kissin’ Cousins.”
Old August 19th, 2015, 09:03 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Yvonne Craig has died

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old August 19th, 2015, 09:39 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

I love what this woman wrote in the comments section on Yahoo. I thought it summed things up very nicely.

She played the first female character that could hold her own against the men. When I saw her, I knew that there was more than just growing up, getting married, and having children. That may not seem like much now, but back in the 60s, it was a huge game-changer for me and other little girls. Between Yvonne Craig and Diana Rigg, on the Avengers, I knew women could be strong and as tough as any guy. We didn't have to always be "rescued". We were fully capable of rescuing ourselves, and whoever else happened to be around. Oh, and look DAMNED good doing it!

Thank you, Miss Craig.
Rest In Peace.

There's a such direct path backwards from Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow to Yvonne Craig's Batgirl. I'm not too sure you could have one without the other.
Old August 19th, 2015, 01:07 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sad day indeed.

Well said words.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 24th, 2015, 11:08 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I was in love with her as a kid watching TV in the 1960s. She must have been a very gracious lady. Only a year or two ago, she was contacted by a producer on a recent Batman project who had seen some of the old episodes.

She told him "I don't look like that any more, you know."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General