Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 10th, 2015, 02:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Help With Wurdz

Soundwarp, I love that series and I'm touched you are asking me to help. Also, I wish more people working on their own customs used that philosophy when writing.

Let's see:
Dream Weaver
After moving and instead of attacking with the Night Whisperer, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of the Night Whisperer. Place a Dream marker on the chosen figure's Army Card. The Night Whisperer never takes any leaving engagement attacks from figures with at least one of your Dream markers on their Army Card a figure with any Dream markers on its Army Card.

Dream Shaper
For the entire game, instead of revealing a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card in your army to take a turn, you may choose a Unique Hero or Squad with at least one of your Dream markers on their its Army Card. Remove one of your Dream markers from that Army Card. Take temporary control of the chosen Hero or Squad and immediately take a turn with that Hero or Squad. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero or Squad returns to its previous owner.
Welcome to Nightvale.

I love this custom! As a mechanical thing, you may wish to rewrite Dream Shaper to trigger after revealing an order marker on an Army Card you control: "For the entire game, after revealing a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card in your army, instead of taking a turn with that Army Card, you may choose . . ."

Something like that. Slightly less abusive to the basic elements of the structure of a round. It creates a different question, which is what happens when the OM is on something that's dead, but you can house-rule that how you want.

You may also wish to capitalize "Dream Marker." It's probably what I would do, but it's optional.

Thanks for sharing!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 22nd, 2015, 10:58 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Exclamation Re: Help With Wurdz

Hey, D_S, before I submit officially, any errors or better ways to word this one?

Spoiler Alert!

Thanks,
~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 22nd, 2015, 11:08 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I would rewrite "Whichever die has the highest roll counts." Maybe something like: "Use whichever roll is the greater number and discard the other." Or something like that.

= =
Old April 22nd, 2015, 11:15 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Why not just "You may use either result"?

~Aldin, trying to avoid pedantic stuff that happens when both dice have the same result

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 22nd, 2015, 11:19 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

I thought about suggesting that, but I didn't want to interfere with the contemplated design.

= =
Old April 22nd, 2015, 12:21 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How's this?

~TAF

Last edited by TheAverageFan; April 22nd, 2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2015, 12:22 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

"You may use the result from either die."

= =
Old April 22nd, 2015, 02:38 PM

Fixed; thanks.

~TAF

Old April 22nd, 2015, 07:11 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Fixed; thanks.

~TAF
I see the SoV caught a different thing.

All I check for is English usage issues. As it says in the OP, I do not check for consistency with other cards or with the rules.

= =
Old June 3rd, 2015, 06:02 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Hey DS! I've been brainstorming some powers lately and was wondering if you'd mind helping with one of them. What I have is:

Quote:
Battle Rage
Before taking a turn with Chisak, for each Wound Marker on this Army Card you may add 1 to Chisak’s Move or Attack values for this turn.
That's my most recent version, but I'm still not sure that it gets what I want the power to do across. I want it to make it clear that each Wound Marker will add to either Move or Attack, not that all have to go to one. (So 2 Wound Markers can be either +2 Move, +2 Attack, or +1 Move and +1 Attack). I just don't know how to do that without using a ton of text, so any help you can offer would be great!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old June 3rd, 2015, 06:42 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

It depends. If it's for your own use, it's easy:
Before taking a turn with Chisak, for each wound marker on this Army Card, you may add 1 to Chisak's Attack or Move Value.

That's pretty much what you have. Plainly it does not stack. The Stingers don't stack; the Anubians don't stack. I don't think either of those cards says "this turn." You *can* make it more wordy, and if you nominate this to the SoV and it goes through the process, the C3V Editors almost certainly will make it more wordy. But I don't think that's necessary, and if this is not intended for that audience, I wouldn't make it needlessly complicated.

I really like this power, BBF. Thanks for sharing!

= =
Old June 6th, 2015, 01:02 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Hey @Dad_Scaper

I just got back into custom-making and was wondering if you could give me some ideas/edits. Here's what I got:

I'm really not good with pricing at all, that's one of my main concerns. Thanks!

~NS

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards