Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old May 9th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

Spidey for the win.

Strange looks great.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 10th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I liked Civil War. Funnily enough I left thinking it was utterly obvious which "team" (Team Cap/Team Tony) was the right one to back and then found myself on the internet discovering that this is indeed one of those areas where there is strong disagreement. I'm still comfortable with my choice, but it was fun to re-examine how I got there in the face of all the commentary.

~Aldin, looking forward to Doc Strange

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 12th, 2016, 11:55 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Speaking of "Dr. Strange" and Black & White movies reminded me of the Peter Sellers classic from the 60's, "Doctor Strangelove" that's sitting on my shelf waiting to be viewed again. Gosh, I must find some time to just sit, relax, and enjoy a good flick one of these days.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old May 13th, 2016, 06:51 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

JohnGee,

On DVD or cassette?
Old May 17th, 2016, 11:34 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
JohnGee,
On DVD or cassette?
I was surprised to find it on DVD recently and impulsively HAD TO buy it immediately for my collection of "movies I want to watch someday." I think I originally saw it in a theater in nineteen sixty four.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old May 20th, 2016, 11:48 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Watching Blackhawk Down. Been awhile since seeing it last. Great movie! Good book too!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 21st, 2016, 09:57 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Probably my favorite war film, narrowly edging out Enemy at the Gate.

I watched it a few times with my friend who was in 3rd ID in the Army and that was cool because he was able to point out so much that I would have never noticed.

"See that guy that is out of uniform? He is Special Forces. They do what ever they want for the most part."

Lots of little things like that. He said they did a good job of making it realistic.

Sizemore is so freaking good in that.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 22nd, 2016, 12:01 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I read the book and the the movie is right there with the book. And the stuff Shughart and Gordon did were amazing, when they dropped in out of the helicopter to cover the pilot in the downed blackhawk. They a couple of brave guys that made the ultimate sacrifice. The movie didn't show it, but they told about it in the book how their bodies were dragged through the city. Horrible stuff.

Enemy at the Gate was good too. I'll have to watch that again.

The Pianist was good too.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 22nd, 2016, 01:11 PM

The Pianist is a war movie?

I will have to catch that out. I probably never would have, thanks.

Yeah those guys won the Medal of Honor for that I believe. My friend explained their story to me as well. True heroes.

PBS did a special on Medal of Honor winners that was absolutely incredible.

I will have to check out the novel version of Blackhawk Down.

I read a Piers Anthony book that had a chapter that involved the battle of Stalingrad and went I saw Enemy at the Gates the book came to life before my eyes. Some of the scenes were exactly as I had imagined them when reading the book.

I would be interested in reading a novel dedicated to that battle.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 22nd, 2016, 01:37 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

After the long day yesterday I didn't want anything too deep. We watched Goon last night and it was pretty funny. If you like hockey or semi spoofs of hockey you may enjoy it too. It's very loosely based on a real person from back in the 80's when fighting was more a part of hockey. The main character is this sweet dumb guy that's always apologizing after he beats someone up.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 26th, 2016, 11:35 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Saw Age of Ultron yesterday and enjoyed it. I am looking forward to seeing Civil War soon.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 26th, 2016, 07:45 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Watched The Fifth Wave the other day after finishing the book. It was a decent movie. The book wasn't that long, but the story didn't lend itself well to the movie medium, at least without making it a 3-4 hour cut. They did an admirable job trying to cram it all into the standard movie length, but it just lacked the context it needed in a few key places and ways. The plot was a lot simpler because of it. I would say to read the book first, or you might not want to.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies