Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old December 10th, 2007, 08:49 PM

War Solves Everything has disabled reputation
A Fun Way To Play Heroscape

First off I would like to say that I wasn't sure where to put this.

Now on to the game. Before you read this you have to have a rival or two to play with. Playing this way changes nothing in Heroscape gameplay, same rules, but the difference is it's kind of like a campgain. Everytime you play a match with your rival, you record the stage and mark it on a map. Then for the next game you play, your rival could try to retake the map, or you could attack a different stage. Each time you play a stage, you mark it on the map. So say your rival has just recaptured a base you've taken before, now he can set up a defense at that base and attack stages around it. The campgain ends when your rival captures your main base which is a stage that gives you an large advantage. When played with three or four people, teams could be formed, or broken, and different battles could happen at the same time. This is just another way to enjoy Heroscape!

I feel sorry for you. Your not me.
Old December 10th, 2007, 08:55 PM

bobofdeath Woo who?
I like the Idea it sounds really fun
I would take a lot of work to put together but it would work
You would need a lot of time but hey it would be worth it
bobofdeath
Old December 10th, 2007, 09:23 PM

Thank you, it's really not that much work. The hardest part is keeping track of how all the stages are made.

Old December 10th, 2007, 11:07 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Actually...

In Star Wars Battlefront II, there is a campaign-style universal domination game. The game starts with a set number of planets and each player starts with a fleet. There are pathways between the planets that the fleets can move on. Every time a fleet flies to a planet occupied by enemy forces, a battle occurs. The game then goes to that planet and the battle is fought. Whoever the victor is recieves control of the planet and is awarded credits based on whether they won or lost, and how many planets they have. The points can be used to purchase upgrades, create new fleets, or develop new soldier types The game ends when one side has conquered the universe.

So...

We could draw out a map with battlefields marked on them, making pathways connecting them. Each player receives a marker indicating an army, and indicators (Poker chips?) to show control of a battlefield. Each player starts with a set number of points. On a player's turn, they can purchase another army, or move and attack. A player may only move one army per turn. If a player moves an army to a battlefield controlled by an opponent, a battle occurs. Each player decides how many points they wish to use on the battle (probably between 400 and 600). The players then draft their armies in accordance with the number of points spent on the battle. The battlefield is constructed and the battle is fought. After the battle, points are given. (Perhaps 50 points for every battlefield controlled plus 100 for a loss and 150 for a victory) The game is over when one general has conquered Valhalla. One could use official Hasbro battlefields, or custom, or a combination. The point system would have to be balanced so that even when one general only has a couple of battlefields left, he can still put up a good fight. Maybe set it up to where each player only uses units from one general, and/or remove heroes and unique squads from drafting options if they are killed in a battle. It's a good idea, but it's in the rough. With some hammering out, it could be really fun.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 10th, 2007, 11:46 PM

Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker Nadi knows what's in an order marker
Tai-Pan,

I was TOTALLY thinking of Battlefront when I read it! You could even go as far as making 'bonuses' for each map (like they do in BF) so that when you play a certain map, each side could activate a particular bonus to have over the other team.

Just a thought.

Visit the SHS Map Codex!
(Codex downloadable into a spreadsheet for easy self-sorting)
Note to self: One ladder for every TWO levels!!!!!!
Old December 11th, 2007, 07:39 AM

KevinWC Woo who?
I have toyed with this idea before. If you were to use the official heroscape map (which can be found on the main site, or probably in the gallery here) and assign a battlefield to every area that didn't already have one you could have a pretty cool game going.
Old December 11th, 2007, 08:38 AM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
THe bonuses could be glyphs. If I activate my bonus, I get the attack glyph in my starting zone and use that bonus until it is taken away from me.
Old December 11th, 2007, 08:49 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Sounds cool for those who make uber bigass maps. Great idea.

Old December 11th, 2007, 01:46 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! I'm going to have to work on pounding out the details about points and bonuses and such, but it's brilliant!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 12th, 2007, 06:08 AM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker
I have come out of hibernation to say that you have finally stirred me into a heroscape project.

I am going to hammer out the details on my end.

We'll meet in the middle.

And then I will crush you.

Sorry... it's late.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old December 12th, 2007, 05:29 PM

I think I figured out a point system that should work, it's on the back of a piece of paper somewhere though. I was also trying to remember where the map of Valhalla is, I think it would make a good command board. I believe it has the battlefields marked on it so I would just need to make the lines for moving armies. I think I can have it done by Christmas Eve.

Jugger

Old December 12th, 2007, 06:02 PM

What how about you get points based on how many units you have left after you win, like in a normal game, only these points you can spend on bonuses.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions