Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 19th, 2009, 10:21 PM

BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker BIGJIM knows what's in an order marker
Re: SoCal Scape Day

Bummer! I will be on vacation with the family and new grand daughter till February 1st in Utah. Everyone have one heck of a time playing and will have too wait to see the battle reports or get the low down from boom! Can't wait till the next game!

.....YOU UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE !

Last edited by BIGJIM; January 19th, 2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old January 20th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think I can make it up on the first. Possably with one or two more people. I won't know for sure until next Monday though, right now I'm only about 80% sure I can make it.

And if I can make it I'll definately be able to bring a map or two (I've spent the last couple days trying to wrap my head around Bardu Valley. Those trees in the middle are vexing . . . .)

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old January 21st, 2009, 11:21 AM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

I plan on bringing a 500 point army with a few subs to make them 520. Should I bring anything higher or lower?

Also if I make it I'll try bring a map, probably one with tundra. If anyone knows a good BoV TT map I'll probably be able to bring the pieces for it, though I can always just make one on the spot (it just takes longer).

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old January 21st, 2009, 12:59 PM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I plan on bringing a 500 point army with a few subs to make them 520. Should I bring anything higher or lower?
Yeah, there should probably be a few set point values for army builds so as those showing up don't all have different point values, and can also prepare some armies to play based on what ever is decided upon.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old January 21st, 2009, 04:45 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

500, 520, and 450 seem like the best to me.

aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old January 21st, 2009, 05:02 PM

Omega Dead is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I'll probably just bring all my characters since my wife and I only have the master sets, lol. I don't even know if i want to get on the table with all these seasoned veterans.
Old January 21st, 2009, 05:13 PM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like 500 points as a standard so that's what I'll bring, although I am the type to improvise my army. And don't worry Omega, we'll go easy on you guys and i'll loan you any pieces you want to try out. Any thing to get you hooked on the hobby.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old January 21st, 2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Dead View Post
I'll probably just bring all my characters since my wife and I only have the master sets, lol. I don't even know if i want to get on the table with all these seasoned veterans.
I've played a lot, but not against anyone here. I'm just waiting to see were I stand amongst the crowd.

aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old January 22nd, 2009, 10:34 AM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
If you want to do a smaller 300 to 350 point game using Master Set figures only then let me know. I'll throw together an army or two. The great thing about this group is that everyone is a good sport and a fun player. No "power" gamers, especially at these friendly get-togethers.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old January 22nd, 2009, 10:54 AM

hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness hivelord wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by boom View Post
The great thing about this group is that everyone is a good sport and a fun player. No "power" gamers, especially at these friendly get-togethers.
Were you referring to The Munchkin Guide to Power Gaming? It is the book that the popular Munchkin card game is based on.

[COLOR=Green]Online Heroscape record: 13-12[/COLOR]
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/8zfzgj.gif[/IMG]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=23292"]My epic 15 pound homemade ceramic dice tower.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=5351"]My mega-maps.[/URL]
[URL="http://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=26271"]Heroscape: The BOGO of All Time.[/URL]
Old January 22nd, 2009, 02:39 PM

Omega Dead is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Quote:
If you want to do a smaller 300 to 350 point game using Master Set figures only then let me know. I'll throw together an army or two. The great thing about this group is that everyone is a good sport and a fun player. No "power" gamers, especially at these friendly get-togethers.
I was already trying to formulate a 500 point master set army. Back to the drawing board. I don't think it would have been too competitive. 350 master set only might work out better.
Old January 22nd, 2009, 05:28 PM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I was already trying to formulate a 500 point master set army. Back to the drawing board. I don't think it would have been too competitive. 350 master set only might work out better.
Oh, I'm sure any 500 master set-only army including Raelin and the Krav Maga agents shouldn't be too bad.

Let's do a 350 battle. It'll be fun (and I won't use Raelin or the Krav).

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events