Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old November 3rd, 2019, 06:19 PM

Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker
Re: Louisville, KY Events: 465 points 9/28

Is the out of town crew coming in for a battle this Thanksgiving?
Old November 3rd, 2019, 06:34 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Myself, I.S.B.3 and Unseen Shadowz won't be in Louisville this Thanksgiving. I'm not sure what William's plans are. I'm pretty bummed, I always look forward to seeing everyone.
Old November 8th, 2019, 08:37 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
Myself, I.S.B.3 and Unseen Shadowz won't be in Louisville this Thanksgiving. I'm not sure what William's plans are. I'm pretty bummed, I always look forward to seeing everyone.
That is a bummer.

Looks like 11/30 is our date this year. For format, we've got @Phantom 's suggestion of +100 points over the last event to 565. Or I was thinking maybe a one-of-everything, where you have to build one army that plays a different format each round. So one wound might be kill 'em all, another might be treasure quotes, heat of battle, reverse the whip, that kind of thing.

Thoughts?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 8th, 2019, 09:54 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I won't be around that weekend, sorry. I do like the swiss army idea:
  • Standard kill them all
  • Standard reverse the Whip
  • Assasin format (You choose your own "king" that must be killed. Huge not required)
  • Treasure Quest
Old November 13th, 2019, 07:32 PM

Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker Phantom knows what's in an order marker

@Viideosayg and I played the 565 armies last month at the place on Hurstbourne Lane, he brought an A army that wiped the floor with my two B armies but we swapped around a couple times.

the different format each round sounds cool
Old November 17th, 2019, 12:12 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Thanks to @Phantom 's list of pretty much every Heroscape event run in Louisville, we have the following options for each round:
  • Heat of Battle (armies start scattered around the map)
  • Chaos of Battle (place each other's armies)
  • Reverse the Whip (swap armies with opponent)
  • Defend the Base (reduce enemy base to 0 Life/lowest health at round end)
  • Assassin's Creed (kill the enemy Unique Hero king to win)
  • Fog of War (halved Range for all stats and powers)
  • Area Control (gain points for glyphs controlled at end of round, first to X wins)
  • Capture the Flag (get an unengaged figure onto the enemy flag)
  • Betrayal (choose an enemy card to steal before game)
  • Treasure Quest (capture the most treasure glyphs)
  • Kill 'em All (you should know what this is)

These are all rules-based changes, not army restrictions (with a slight caveat for Assassin's Creed & Treasure Quest). That way you can build whatever army you want and it will be legal every round. Since that's too many formats, I'll narrow it down, then we'll choose a random one from the list each round. 510 points, VC yes, Marvel no, max 18 figures.

List A:
  • Betrayal
  • Capture the Flag
  • Chaos of Battle
  • Fog of War
  • Kill 'em All
  • Reverse the Whip

List B:
  • Area Control
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Chaos of Battle
  • Defend the Base
  • Kill 'em All
  • Treasure Quest

Would you prefer List A or List B? List B has slight army restrictions (Assassin & Treasure) and will require time limits (for Area & Base). Please vote!

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 19th, 2019, 04:51 PM

Re: Louisville, KY Events: Nov 30, vote on formats!

I'm leaning towards List B
Old November 26th, 2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post

List B:
  • Area Control - 3/4 face-down glyphs on each map. Score 1 point per glyph held at the end of each round. Most points at the end of the game wins.
  • Assassin's Creed - Simultaneously choose which enemy Unique Hero of 3 you'll try to assassinate. Doing so is a win.
  • Chaos of Battle - Roll off, winner chooses who places first, but you place each other's armies. Alternate one card at a time. Figures on a card must be placed within 2 spaces of each other and cannot be placed adjacent to enemy figures.
  • Defend the Base - 20-Life base (w/3 Defense) in each start zone. Kill it to win, or have the most health left at your base at end of game.
  • Kill 'em All - No instructions required, I hope.
  • Treasure Quest - 5 treasure glyphs per map. Be the first to collect 3, or have the most at the end of the game. Trap: Enemy player may move your Hero 1 space.
Since we're only a few days away, we're going with List B. Note this means your army must include at least 3 Heroes. Rounds will be timed at 55 minutes. Each format will be numbered 1-6 and randomly chosen before each round. No format will be played twice.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; November 27th, 2019 at 06:13 PM.
Old November 27th, 2019, 11:16 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Louisville, KY Events: Nov 30, multi-format!

Sorry I will miss - have a great thanksgiving and event. Fun choices of events, with the 3 heroes minimum it will make people play a lot of high-defense or high move heroes - I could see Dragons just as much as Marcu or even Cypren/Sonya. I think Knights with Alastair, Sir Gilbert, and Sir Denrick & or Hawthorne the best army for all circumstances, although Legos or Orcs with strong heroes (Arashara Goshiri) are other good choices. Basically Melle is a lot stronger in this format than normally is, but Stingers with some individual heroes is not a bad choice either.
Old November 27th, 2019, 04:57 PM

would little 1 life common heroes be subject to assassination?
Old November 27th, 2019, 06:15 PM

Sorry, I remember editing Unique Hero in there, but it didn't make it somehow. Unique Heroes only, so your army must include at least 3 Unique Heroes.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old December 2nd, 2019, 09:11 PM

Gentlemen, it's been a great run. But I think it's time to call it. I've had tons of fun running games and playing Heroscape with everyone. But attendance is down and never felt more than the November tournament which usually has our biggest turnout. Effective as of Saturday, I will no longer be planning and running monthly Heroscape meets. Please continue to use this thread if desired to set up local games. I'll be here, ready for more 'scape if anyone wants a game.

Hope to see you all on the battlefield.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events