Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 31st, 2017, 04:51 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Ant-Man (Scott Lang) (Public Playtesting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Agreed.
I know 1000 has been the standard for C3G but I have always felt like these lower point figures get lost in the shuffle and 600 point games are more apt for testing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
It all depends on what the card is offering. Cosmo is looking at 150 right now, but his support powers don't have as much as an impact when paired with just 450 more points of figures so I want to see him in higher point games. This Ant-man is a stand alone figure rather then a support unit though, and coming in at under 100 points, so yeah I'd rather gauge what kind of impact he has on the outcome of a 600 point battle than a 1000 point one.
It's best to get the games at as low a point level as you can go while still allowing their full potential. A 70 point unit will typically get lost in the shuffle of a 1200 point game, but a 150-200 supportive unit might need a full 1000-1200 to show off their full value.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 1st, 2017, 02:30 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Just letting you know, I'm running a test for this guy. Here's the first game, and it's rough. I made some poor choices with his team though, specifically the strategy relying so heavily on Trapster, and winning initiative.

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT:

Army Test
Map: Sacred Shrine
Units: Gotham's Finest (Commissioner Gordon + Beat Cops (x2) + Batman I + Robin (Dick) + Alfred) (580) vs Amanda Waller (195) Scott Lang (70) Killer Bee (15) Vulture (90) Chronos (75) Trickster (70) Trapster (75) (590)
Spoiler Alert!

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old April 1st, 2017, 03:46 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Ant-Man (Scott Lang)

Army Test 1
Map: Custom
Units:
Ant-Man(SL)(70), Fire Ant Swarm x 6(60), Crime Alley Crooks x 2(130), Gambit(210), Darkseid(380) (850)
vs.
Luke Cage(190), Shang-Chi(230), Iron Fist(260), Tigra(170) (850)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Units:
Ant-Man(CL)(70), Captain America(240), War Machine(270), Oracle(110), Fire Ant Swarm x4(40) (730)
vs.
Professor X(220), Cable(275), Phoenix(230) (725)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Ant-Man's ability to take a turn with an Insect, then take a turn himself, and then take a turn with the Crime Alley Crooks, is pretty decent. Not sure if that's too good, given the low level of all of them, but something I noticed. Overall, Ant-Man is fun to play, and I feel Small but Mighty is reason enough to pick him up at his low point value as filler, but the Amateur Insect Control and Thief synergy gives him some decent pairings as well. Tiny Thief giving him disengage and the ability to avoid non-adjacent attacks is great as well. Ultimately, I'd say 70-90 for point value is likely, depending on how he performs in other tests. 80 feels fair.
Old April 1st, 2017, 05:06 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Just letting you know, I'm running a test for this guy. Here's the first game, and it's rough. I made some poor choices with his team though, specifically the strategy relying so heavily on Trapster, and winning initiative.

Quote:

Army Test
Units: Gotham's Finest (Commissioner Gordon + Beat Cops (x2) + Batman I + Robin (Dick) + Alfred) (580) vs Amanda Waller (195) Scott Lang (70) Killer Bee (15) Vulture (90) Chronos (75) Trickster (70) Trapster (75) (590)
Spoiler Alert!

Thanks for the test.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Ant-Man (Scott Lang)

Army Test 1
Units:
Ant-Man(SL)(70), Fire Ant Swarm x 6(60), Crime Alley Crooks x 2(130), Gambit(210), Darkseid(380) (850)
vs.
Luke Cage(190), Shang-Chi(230), Iron Fist(260), Tigra(170) (850)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Units:
Ant-Man(CL)(70), Captain America(240), War Machine(270), Oracle(110), Fire Ant Swarm x4(40) (730)
vs.
Professor X(220), Cable(275), Phoenix(230) (725)
Spoiler Alert!

Ant-Man's ability to take a turn with an Insect, then take a turn himself, and then take a turn with the Crime Alley Crooks, is pretty decent. Not sure if that's too good, given the low level of all of them, but something I noticed. Overall, Ant-Man is fun to play, and I feel Small but Mighty is reason enough to pick him up at his low point value as filler, but the Amateur Insect Control and Thief synergy gives him some decent pairings as well. Tiny Thief giving him disengage and the ability to avoid non-adjacent attacks is great as well. Ultimately, I'd say 70-90 for point value is likely, depending on how he performs in other tests. 80 feels fair.
Thank you, too! That's very helpful. I'll be trying to get a couple of sheet's done for Ant-Man over the next week, and hopefully after those we might be able to move him on to Final Editing. I'll keep him at 70 points for my tests, but it won't surprise me if I decide to move him on at 80.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 1st, 2017, 05:17 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Got some mini photos. Scott came doubled-over, and I tried to get some usable photos before I bent him into a more proper shape, just in case anything went awry.

The "after" photos are first here, with the weirder ones afterward. Didn't have great sunlight today, but I think I managed to get something usable anyway.
Spoiler Alert!
Old April 1st, 2017, 05:20 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Got some mini photos. Scott came doubled-over, and I tried to get some usable photos before I bent him into a more proper shape, just in case anything went awry.

The "after" photos are first here, with the weirder ones afterward. Didn't have great sunlight today, but I think I managed to get something usable anyway.
Spoiler Alert!
Thank you - massively appreciated!

~ Lazy Orang, hoping there's something there the Art team finds usable.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 2nd, 2017, 09:06 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

here's the full playtest report, with the first game included.

Quote:

Army Test
Glyphs: None
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Glyphs: Power Gem, Teleportation Belt, E-Ray
Units: Hawkman (225) Hawkgirl (225) Hawkmen of Thanagar x 3 (300) Wasp I (50) [800] vs Ant-Man (Scott Lang) (70) Ant-Man (Hank Pym) (30) Ant-Man (Eric O'Grady) (60) Fire Ant Swarm x 13 (130) Killer Bee x 3 (45) Aaron Cash (75) Heimdal (390) [800]

Spoiler Alert!

With the Power Gem, coupled with his defense reducing power, Ant-Man felt stronger than the Hawkmen of Thanagar. He felt like he was a little under Hawkgirl's level with the boost from the Power Gem. On the other hand, you would have to draft Captain America and Enchantress (or Solovar, and use the E-Ray to turn him into a monkey) for the same effect. This, however, is an effect that all heroes without Super Strength have. His other synergies, as a thief, and his insect control, combined with this put him a little bit over 70 points for me.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: He did abysmal in the first game, due to me sending him shooting above his league, but the boost from the power gem did a lot to help him take on bigger guns. Without it, he's hitting, and taking down Hawkmen of Thanagar, and since they're 50 points for 1 hawk, I'd say that he isn't too much higher than them. I'd put him at anywhere from 50-80 points higher in the second game, but around 50 points in the first game, so 75-85 is probably right for him.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old April 3rd, 2017, 07:00 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
here's the full playtest report, with the first game included.

Quote:

Army Test
Glyphs: None
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Glyphs: Power Gem, Teleportation Belt, E-Ray
Units: Hawkman (225) Hawkgirl (225) Hawkmen of Thanagar x 3 (300) Wasp I (50) [800] vs Ant-Man (Scott Lang) (70) Ant-Man (Hank Pym) (30) Ant-Man (Eric O'Grady) (60) Fire Ant Swarm x 13 (130) Killer Bee x 3 (45) Aaron Cash (75) Heimdal (390) [800]

Spoiler Alert!

With the Power Gem, coupled with his defense reducing power, Ant-Man felt stronger than the Hawkmen of Thanagar. He felt like he was a little under Hawkgirl's level with the boost from the Power Gem. On the other hand, you would have to draft Captain America and Enchantress (or Solovar, and use the E-Ray to turn him into a monkey) for the same effect. This, however, is an effect that all heroes without Super Strength have. His other synergies, as a thief, and his insect control, combined with this put him a little bit over 70 points for me.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: He did abysmal in the first game, due to me sending him shooting above his league, but the boost from the power gem did a lot to help him take on bigger guns. Without it, he's hitting, and taking down Hawkmen of Thanagar, and since they're 50 points for 1 hawk, I'd say that he isn't too much higher than them. I'd put him at anywhere from 50-80 points higher in the second game, but around 50 points in the first game, so 75-85 is probably right for him.
Thanks for the tests! I'm not too concerned about his power level with the Power Gem - I think you'd be hard pressed to find a figure who doesn't become scary carrying that! It looks like he's probably going to end up with a 5-15 point bump - I'll continue with him at 70, since I've got the armies worked out for my tests, but I'll probably give him that bump moving forwards.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 3rd, 2017, 03:42 PM
Hard as ice

Here's my first test for my first test sheet for Ant-Man!

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Ant-Man (Scott Lang)

Army Test 1
Map: Blackroot (no glyphs)
Armies:
Ant-Man (Scott Lang) (70), Amanda Waller, Doctor Octopus, Shocker, Deadshot, 1x Fire Ant Swarm (800 Points)
vs.
Professor X, Beast, Silver Samurai, Bishop (800 points)
Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 4th, 2017, 07:18 PM
Hard as ice

And here's my first test sheet (of two) for Scott Lang!

- Theme Test - Pass - He’s feeling just like the character as I know him.
- Mirror Test - Pass
- Bonding Test -
Pass - He does have an example of chain-bonding, being able to command an Insect, take a turn and then bond with the Crime Alley Crooks, but it's just about the weakest, most low-level chain-bonding you could come up with, so I'd say he's fine here.
- Synergies Test - Pass - Thief synergies are fun, but far from define him - Amanda Waller cripples his mobility by not allowing him to ride a Killer Bee, and the Crooks are a nice boost but nothing special or required, and are an extra 65 points for only one squad that you may not want to invest into low-level support for a filler hero. Insect synergies are also nice but not amazing - I’ve got no use out of Fire Ants so far (I imagine you’d probably want a critical mass of them, at which point that’s a significant investment considering Scott’s still only a filler hero, and Hank would serve you better here anyway (though Scott could work as a back-up leader/attacker to a Hank-based insect swarm), and the Killer Bee offers a significant mobility boost and probably his most vital synergy, but little in the way of offensive power. A Killer Bee and Captain America are probably the figures he benefits most from, which is fine by me!
- Power Check - Pass - I'm not seeing anything worrying, power-level wise.
- Fun Test - Definite Pass - I think he's a lot of fun to play.
- Fun Competitive Test - Pass - though he can be an irritating little gnat to swat at times, I kind of feel like he'd have been a failure if he wasn't, and it's nowhere near as bad as a lot of units.

- Drafting Test - Pass - If I have a few points left in a Suicide Squad or generic hero-based (i.e. Avengers) army, then he's probably going to be high on my list of possibilities to fill them.
- Usage Test - Pass - The thievery is match-up specific, but fun, thematic and useful, and everything else is used regularly.
- Strategy Test - Pass - Nothing massive, but he’s good to fly in to make a surprisingly swift and effective surprise/sneak attack, when you consider his move tacked onto that of a Killer Bee and his, for his price, strong offensive potential. When you then consider the offensive and defensive interactions of Small But Mighty, his ability to steal glyphs, and the far from necessary but still usable synergies he has available, and he’s offers some decent stratgic opportunities.

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Ant-Man (Scott Lang)

Army Test 1
Map: Blackroot (no glyphs)
Armies:
Ant-Man (Scott Lang) (70), Amanda Waller, Doctor Octopus, Shocker, Deadshot, 1x Fire Ant Swarm (800 Points)
vs.
Professor X, Beast, Silver Samurai, Bishop (800 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2

Map: Highways and Dieways (No Glyphs)
Armies;
Ant-Man (Scott Lang) (70), Captain America (C3G), Bucky, Shocker, Gentleman Ghost, 2x Crime Alley Crooks, 2x Killer Bees, 1x Fire Ant Swarm (865 points)
vs.
Doctor Octopus, Scorpion, Mysterio, Trapster, 2x LexCorps Security (865 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts On The Tested Unit's Cost, Balance, & Draftibility:

I’m going to be running two more tests, but there’s nothing in either of these tests that worries me, or even makes me particularly feel like he needs the considered points’ bump to 80. I’m still not ruling it out at all, and I’d probably want to at least split the difference at 75, but I’ll see how he feels at 70 for the next couple of games before making a final decision. I feel like the final cost is the only thing still up in the air right now.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 4th, 2017, 08:09 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

You said he had a pretty terrible performance in that second game and yet still took out 65 points worth of figures. Seems like 80 is pretty plausible if even in bad games he still is earning back all but 5 of his 70 point cost.
Old April 4th, 2017, 08:23 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
You said he had a pretty terrible performance in that second game and yet still took out 65 points worth of figures. Seems like 80 is pretty plausible if even in bad games he still is earning back all but 5 of his 70 point cost.
That was because of 1 flukey roll and a lot of the LexCorps' points being tied up in their Criminal Alliance power, though - had he got that roll for attack and defence vs. most other figures, he wouldn't have made up his points, and I don't reckon he actually did in real terms even then - it may technically be 65 points of damage, but the nature of the LexCorps is artificially inflating that a lot. I do think 80 is pretty plausible still, I'm just not certain of it based on those two performances, and right now I'm a tad more inclined towards 75.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library