Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 6th, 2020, 02:16 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of John Dusk (Breathing)

I do like the suggestion to change more of the numbers to line up and maybe rename the last power to be a more generic execution thing since it does seem reusable mechanically.
Old October 6th, 2020, 02:47 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

We can remove the markers from the SA completely, as I just added it to it was more unique than just a plain triple attack. Or we can retool for a different effect.

Definitely on board with the ranges being more consistent. I was thinking to have his normal range be higher than his other stuff since I like having choices like that. So 5 base range, and 3 range for his shield and SA? Or 2 for each if that's too much.

How about something riffing off of "Absolution" for his execution name? That's the name of the comic so it'd be cool to use. Or even "Cross the Rubicon" sine Rubicon is the subtitle of the sequel.
Old October 6th, 2020, 06:41 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I think "Absolution" wouldn't scan unless you knew it was a specific reference. Doesn't feel connected to the power mechanics at all. "Rubicon" feels like a better fit, but I'd want more permanent consequences on a power that was evoking the Rubicon like that (what with the Rubicon being sort of a point-of-no-return). Probably wouldn't be reusable with a name like that (except on very specific characters), but it's a cool reference.

If you wanted to move away from the range boost, but keep a twiddle in the SA for uniqueness, you could echo the defensive power a bit and give him an extra die when attacking a figure adjacent to a Lawman. Obviously that's emphasizing the Lawman connection more than the aura in particular, but it'd still keep the power distinct from other SAs.

I like 3 range on the SA + defensive power.
Old October 7th, 2020, 04:51 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Something like "Final Absolution" might work for an execution mechanic. I think I said earlier but I did have a permanent negative effect on my first draft of him, but after some thought it changed how he played too much.

Basically do we want to work on a mechanic that enacts a permanent negative change, or just keep it more simple and generic? Either way I'm good, the negative is probably more thematic, but simple is good too. Otherwise we could make it harder to use and say that no allies can have clear sight on him during the execution. Or the negatives only trigger if he IS in clear sight, so he can use it without consequence if he's your last figure available. Just have to decide what the negative would be.

Honestly if no one like the extra range, I'm good cutting it completely and just having a plain triple attack, if that flies with folks. I like emphasizing the defensive aspects of his aura more than boosting his attack, especially when he'll weaponize it specially with the execution.
Old October 11th, 2020, 09:55 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

The only class shenanigans I would consider here would be to have him choose at the start of the game if he's going to be a Lawman (day job) or Vigilante (night job), then his synergy helps what ever class he has. Then you could build a Lawman army around him, or a Vigilante Army around him, but not both.
Old October 13th, 2020, 12:01 PM
...has moist legs

Looking at John again here. Removed the markers from his SA since people weren't really digging it. It's just there to handle squads since he fights groups of thugs and gangs quite often. Changed up his execution, I think it's more thematic and something you don't want to pull out too early. My only concern if that his best builds would not be Lawman builds with that power, but with his shield wanting him to be a Lawman anyway, maybe it's fine. Otherwise we can change his shield markers to only +1 defense, or 3 for Lawmen. Encourages the Lawman connection even more (And makes him want to go rogue even less)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
NAME = JOHN DUSK
SECRET IDENTITY = N/A

SPECIES = ENHANCILE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LAWMAN
PERSONALITY = TORMENTED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 280?

AURA BARRIER 4
Start the game with 4 Blue Aura markers on this card. Before John Dusk or any friendly figure within 3 clear sight spaces of John Dusk rolls defense dice, you may remove one Aura marker from this card and the defending figure rolls 2 additional dice, or 3 additional dice if the defending figure is a Lawman.

AURA ASSAULT SPECIAL ATTACK
Attack 3. Range 3.
After attacking, you may attack with this Special Attack 2 additional times.

CROSSING THE RUBICON
Once per game you may choose an adjacent figure with 3 or fewer life remaining and roll 3 unblockable attack dice against the chosen figure. If the chosen figure is destroyed, remove all Order Markers from Army Cards in your army and for the rest of the game John Dusk's class is considered to be Vagabond instead of what is listed on this card.

FLYING

SUPER STRENGTH
Old October 13th, 2020, 12:03 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I dig it.
Old October 13th, 2020, 12:14 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Looks cool. Lawmen are coming together.
Old October 13th, 2020, 12:25 PM
...has moist legs

Any preference on the shield marker bonus before I run checklists and proposals?
Old October 13th, 2020, 12:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Still weird to me that you have two powers with "Aura" titles and only one of them uses the "Aura markers."

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 13th, 2020, 12:40 PM
...has moist legs

We could rename his SA if it makes you feel better. I think that'd be weird too, since that's what he calls his powers. But if we didn't like tacking on a marker bonus for the SA, not sure what another option would be.
Old October 13th, 2020, 01:18 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What exactly do the markers represent? I'm not personally against some bonus for the special attack that use the markers, even if it's something like making the multiple attacks contingent on having at least one marker or something like that.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library