Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old March 16th, 2022, 04:54 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: C3G Overwatch Workshop

I mostly just picked Agent because of all the baggage of Adventurer. I think you could also lean the angle of Mercy with the more generalisty ones and have a fine generalist effect that is improved for Overwatchers. My guess was just that some would make sense to work off of shared class (like a soldier benefitting soldiers), but I also barely know the universe.
Old March 16th, 2022, 07:41 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Personally, I think the baggage of Adventurers can be a little overstated at times. The main issue is characters feeling like they're forced into the F4, but I think what Tracer is offering isn't really that ideal to the F4 to begin with.

I would avoid calling out Adventurers on a Scientist card like Winston just cause, yeah, that's where I think you can get a little messy with Invisible Woman and the Thing. Maybe Winston could call out Protectors and Tracer could call out Scientists?

Alternatively (and I think this is a very viable option too) we could just skip the class callouts and have Tracer and Winston synergize only with Overwatchers, but give Cassidy a wide-open recruitment thing that turns people into Overwatchers. I could get behind that, and it seems like it tackles all the desires here while still being simpler.
Old March 17th, 2022, 09:51 AM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can see that, but I also agree with MrNobody in that I'm not sure if she does a lot that they'd want. Whatever class she maybe works with though, might be worth making her's a different one. Do really like them being a bit generalist but having full potential with other Overwatch members. Is definitely fitting for a lot of them.

I think having a called out class on Winston and Tracer would be fun, but not a requirement, though Tracer having one would be fitting since she seems to do a lot of stuff helping people and working with others. If we did drop it on Winston, would we want his leader power to be a bit stronger or leave it as is? Tracer's seems fine either way.

Cassidy having a recruitment power would be great. Regardless of how this settles, Cassidy should be able to recruit. Maybe changes class to something like Recruit too if a random synergy pops up.
Old March 17th, 2022, 10:31 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

We could do something like this? So they favor Overwatch synergies but still work as generalists.
Quote:
NAME = WINSTON

OVERWATCH: ???
At the beginning of each of your turns, before revealing an Order Marker, you may move an unrevealed Order Marker from this card to any Unique Hero card in your army that either has an Overwatch special power or has no revealed Order Markers on it.
Quote:
NAME = TRACER

OVERWATCH: THE CAVALRY’S HERE
After revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of a Unique Hero you control and taking a turn with only that Hero, if at least:
-one figure you control with an Overwatch special power is engaged; or,
-three figures you control are engaged;
you may take an immediate turn with Tracer, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.
Quote:
NAME = CASSIDY

OVERWATCH: NEW BLOOD
At the start of the game you may choose up to 2 Unique Heroes you control. For the entire game, if a chosen figure has an Order Marker on its Army Card, it is considered to have this special power.
(Sorry if I'm flooding you with ideas, btw. There's a lot of ways to tackle this!)
Old March 17th, 2022, 05:10 PM

Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness Skinderella wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like that Winston one! Might be quite strong with Cap, but the applicability of it is good. Could probably be really good with GotG or Thunderbolts.

I'm not sure that version of Tracer's would be great in practice, as most Overwatch characters will want to be unengaged due to being a bit more ranged focused. A cool direction though!

That New Blood power is really fun, perfect alongside Winston! Really like that a couple of the characters are making use of the spread out OMs. Could maybe make it a drop-ship style power too. He brought in his recruits and himself via a drop ship in the middle of a fight D.Va was in.
Old March 17th, 2022, 08:16 PM
Just A Head

I don't think you have to worry about Winston/Cap at all. What they want dovetails nicely together, but neither is really playing up the other's strengths.

Fair point on the Tracer power! I'm just not sure how to limit her - making her an unlimited sidekick to everybody probably isn't healthy.

A dropship effect is an interesting idea. Maybe the theme could be a bit vaguer and it could be closer to Spider-Gwen's dealio?
Old March 18th, 2022, 09:45 AM

If there are no concerns then I think that version is the way to go. Could probably fit into a good variety of armies (including maybe a decent partner for the Gorilla City Warriors).

Maybe it could be Overwatch tag or engaged figure? Or maybe taking a turn with a wounded hero / hero that was wounded this round? Wounded focus could pair interestingly with Winston's Primal Fury. I agree she shouldn't have unlimited options.

That'd be neat, maybe it could look something like this:
Quote:
At the start of the game you may choose up to 2 Unique Heroes you control. The chosen figures are considered to be the Recruits. Cassidy and the Recruits do not have to start the game on the battlefield, and for the entire game, if a Recruit has an Order Marker on its Army Card, it is considered to have an Overwatch special power. Once per game, after revealing an Order Marker on the card of any Unique Hero and taking a turn with only that Hero, you may place Cassidy and the Recruits on any empty spaces within 2 clear sight spaces of that Hero. Take an immediate turn with one of the Recruits. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.
Always been a fan of these drop style powers.
Old March 19th, 2022, 12:01 AM
Just A Head

After some thinking I might do something like this, both to avoid stepping on Tracer's toes and to save on text space.
Quote:
At the start of the game you may choose up to 2 Unique Heroes you control. For the entire game, the chosen figures are considered to have an Overwatch special power. Cole Cassidy and the chosen figures start the game on this card instead of on the battlefield. Once per game, when a figure you control would be destroyed, you may instead place Cassidy and the chosen figures on any empty spaces within 2 clear sight spaces of that figure. The figure is not destroyed and may ignore any wounds it would have received.
I feel like that's really trope-y too, our heroes getting saved at the last minute by the arrival of the new recruits. I cut the Recruit stuff, just cause it was taking up a fair bit of text space. I know you mentioned a class change, but I'm not super worried about that competitively.

I like those ideas to limit Tracer a lot. I might prefer the engagement concept overall cause I feel like Tracer is the type of character who can/should work with Commons a bit.
Old March 19th, 2022, 11:33 AM

That's really cool, love the theme of that power a lot! Very accurate to the New Blood comic where they come in as D.Va's squad starts to fall apart. Definitely sets Cassidy apart both in this faction and from other "drop" figures too. Making full use of Overwatch characters means the 2 recruits probably aren't going to be expensive figures.

I can see the engagement one for Tracer being favourable, she's definitely the sort to go in if a random civilian or soldier is under attack. Probably less exploitable too. Wording here isn't the best, but I like where it's heading.

Quote:
OVERWATCH: THE CAVALRY’S HERE
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Unique Hero with an Overwatch Special Power you control or a card you control with at least 1 engaged figure and taking a turn with only that card, you may take an immediate turn with Tracer, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. During this turn, if Tracer attacks an opponent’s figure and at least one skull is rolled, you may move a Hero with an Overwatch Special Power or a figure engaged with the defending figure that you control up to 4 spaces, during which they will not take leaving engagement attacks from the defending figure.
Old March 19th, 2022, 11:45 AM
Just A Head

Looks cool! Cavalry is probably one we can give the once-over at some point to make it feel a bit simpler, but the base concept looks solid.

Here's a pass at updating my old McCree draft with the new power!
Quote:

NAME = CASSIDY
SECRET IDENTITY = COLE CASSIDY

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OUTLAW
PERSONALITY = HONORABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

At the start of the game you may choose up to 2 Unique Heroes you control. For the entire game, the chosen figures are considered to have an Overwatch special power. Cassidy and the chosen figures may start the game on this card instead of on the battlefield. Once per game, when a figure you control would be destroyed, you may instead place Cassidy and the chosen figures on any empty spaces within 2 clear sight spaces of that figure. The figure is not destroyed and may ignore any wounds it would have received.

FLASH BANG GRENADE
Start the game with a Glyph of Flash Bang Grenade on this card. Cassidy cannot lose this glyph by receiving wounds unless he is destroyed. At the end of the round, if the Flash Bang Grenade from this card is destroyed, you may place it on this card.

DEADEYE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 6.
Once per game, instead of moving and attacking with Cassidy, you may attack up to 6 times with Deadeye. You may not attack the same figure more than once.
With the tag system, I'm less motivated to create a new class like Drifter. We could still do it, but I went with Outlaw here since I figured that'd be something Ashe could synergize with.

Also never in love with having 2 "at the start of the game" powers on the same card, but not sure the ideal way around it. Guess we could always make a new Flash Bang materialize on his card at the start of each round, but that feels kinda messy.
Old March 19th, 2022, 11:52 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

6 attacks.of 6?
Match up dependent, that is going to really drive up cost.
Old March 19th, 2022, 12:04 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
6 attacks.of 6?
Match up dependent, that is going to really drive up cost.
My initial take had each attack decreasing in power, like Swordplay. (6,5,4,3,2,1) So still plenty of power, but less swingy. That may be the way to go.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy