Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old March 21st, 2013, 11:27 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Cathar Spearmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
The Cathars are a lot of fun. They can crush most melee, but melee still has a chance much of the time depending on the dice and strategies used. Air Elementals would be a nice pairing for more anti-melee, but I'd imagine something like Phantom Knights or Beakface Sneaks would be a better help, for those pesky ranged units.

I can't share my favorite Cathar build yet.
Your favorite Cathar build has already been shared.
Old March 21st, 2013, 11:54 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Quote:
The Cathars are a lot of fun. They can crush most melee, but melee still has a chance much of the time depending on the dice and strategies used. Air Elementals would be a nice pairing for more anti-melee, but I'd imagine something like Phantom Knights or Beakface Sneaks would be a better help, for those pesky ranged units.

But it's hidden! (kind of). And they don't know why. WAHAHAHAHA!
Old March 22nd, 2013, 12:53 AM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker

Really love these guys, got to use them when play testing Raymond. I'll say this, you need probably 3-4 to get their full effectiveness. Anything less and their numbers don't really stand up.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 09:30 AM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Quote:

But it's hidden! (kind of). And they don't know why. WAHAHAHAHA!
lol, your favorite build obviously consists of as many Cathars as you can get and Count Raymond.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 05:19 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I bought the starter box set a while ago so I already have 2 squads ready to go. Don't really want to track down and buy two more squads though, can they be effective a 2x or are they just like most squads where 3x is the minimum?

Oh, and is their hero (the mentioned Count) a figure I would already have too from the starter set (have not looked at it in quite a while so I'm not sure what else came in it) or will he be something I would need to purchase separately?
Old March 22nd, 2013, 05:24 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yep, Abel (the hero in the starter) is Count Raymond.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old March 22nd, 2013, 05:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Yep, Abel (the hero in the starter) is Count Raymond.
Good to know, thanks.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 05:37 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'd say they tend to need 3+ squads for maximum effectiveness, like most commons.

When facing spearmen with bonding melee, one strategy I like is to have my bonding hero heroically lead the charge into the line. The (multi-life) hero absorbs the wounds from braced spear, and once a spearman is engaged he can't use braced spear on the squad figures that follow up. So bonding melee actually does have some ways to deal with the spearmen.

On the flip side, I don't think the spearmen are really that bad against range. 4 defense is always nice against commons, and you're going to be rolling with the full 3-die attack most of the time against ranged figures.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 06:42 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

It not too expensive to add two more squads.

Quote:
Hey all, Miniaturemarket is selling boxes of the very-soon-to-be-released Cathar Spearmen (8 figures = 2 squads) for $9.00!

I fought the urge to buy them, but you don't have to! Only 55 left!

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old March 23rd, 2013, 10:43 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

How do you mean with "Braced spear" ?
I'm translating these cards for the French Community, and I'd like to know the exact signification of "Braced" here.
A synonym please? (or better: a translation? ^^)

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; July 1st, 2018 at 12:47 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 10:49 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
How do you mean with "Braced spear" ?
I'm traducing these cards for the French Community, and I'd like to know the exact signification of "Braced" here.
A synonym please? (or better: a traduction? ^^)
Braced = steadied, locked/held in place, etc. To skewer an oncoming charge.

Old March 23rd, 2013, 11:04 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Braced = steadied, locked/held in place, etc. To skewer an oncoming charge.
Thanks, I understand! Now, I've to find a good translation! ()

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs