Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old June 24th, 2021, 07:40 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: OHS Season 42: Quad Pod II - ROUND 2

I got the win over BodaciousBlood in a very close one.

The game as a whole went pretty slow, with neither of us having a ton of range, me wanting to keep Braxas safe, and Bodacious spending a lot of turns moving 1 mummy + 1 chainfighter, which takes a long time to get anywhere.

In round 1, I opened with 2 OMs on Guilty + OM3 on PKs. BB had all 3 OMs on mummies. Guilty took 4 shots on a chainfighter (2 from height) but none hit. Guilty then blocked a 3/4 attack with 2/2 from the chainfighter (that 1 life on Guilty ended up being crucial in the endgame). The PKs then killed the only forward chainfighter while the mummies slowly moved up.

Round 2 started a long series of rounds where I went about 2/3rds of my OMs on Braxas, the rest on PKs. Braxas is a lot better into mummies than PKs are, but the PKs are better at guaranteeing a kill on a forward chainfighter to keep Braxas safe. Braxas managed to remove one of the mummies in that first round, which limited BB's OMs to just the other mummy moving forward.

But over the next few rounds Braxas couldn't hit any acids on the last mummy, so chainfighters advanced one at a time, putting 2 wounds on Braxas and killing some PKs while the PKs + Braxas killed any chainfighters that made it to the middle of the map. The last mummy got a nice shot on Braxas to put 2 more wounds on her (4 life left).

Eventually I got a PK on Lodin (probably should have been there sooner), and Braxas disengaged (no wound) to get acid breaths on spectres as well as the mummy (and avoid engagement with the last chainfighter). Rygarn switched an OM to spectres, 2 of them got adjacent to Braxas and hit two 2/2 rolls to put 3 more wounds on Braxas (1 life left). But Braxas quickly got revenge, hitting acid on both spectres as well as the mummy.

This left a 1-life Braxas, 4 PKs, 1-life Guilty, and a Dumutef (in my SZ still) v. a full health Rygarn, 2 spectres, and 1 chainfighter.

I risked 1 OM on Braxas and was lucky to win init. Acid missed the heroes but killed a spectre. The chainfighter then killed Braxas, and the PKs killed the chainfighter. Rygarn then engaged the PKs, killing 2 of them while they put 1 wound on Rygarn. A PK also grabbed wanok, which killed the last spectre.

Next round, I put OM1, 3, & X on PKs with 2 on Guilty. I lost init, BB took a shot with Rygarn up at Guilty, but it missed. The two remaining PKs then each put 1 wound on Rygarn (1 life left). Rygarn killed a PK, but Guilty then finished Rygarn off with 2 shots from height.

I got the win with a 1-life Guilty, 1 PK, and the Dumutef.

gg Bodacious; lots of high variance in that one with all the acid rolls @ heroes
Old June 24th, 2021, 10:45 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Soon

dok vs. dysole happening in soonish. I have Blades and Buccaneers. He has Arrows and Tagawa.

~Dysole, time to see if mostly range or mostly melee takes the day
Old June 25th, 2021, 10:14 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
The knight of scape (2-1) v. captain stupendous (2-1) pool of armies is:
* Ne-Gok-Sa, Marro Dividersx3
* Brandis Skyhunter, Warriors of Ashrax3
* Re-Tak-Shi, Marro Drudgex3
* Warden 816, Zettian Deathwingsx3
* Wolves of Badrux3
* Suskra, Acolytes of Vorganundx3
* Maltis Tez, Morgoloth, Mezzodemon Warmongers
* Seleena, Skull Demon, Werewolf Lord
Playing Saturday at 1 PM CST. I have Dividers and Deathwings, Knight of Scape has Drudge and Ashra.
Old June 26th, 2021, 07:06 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

The vegietarian18 (3-0) v. agentward (3-0) pool of armies is:
* Jarek Guy, Phantom Knightsx2
* Bol, Van Nessing, Marro Stingersx2
* Marro Gnidsx2, Werewolf Lord
* Major X17, Hoplitronx4
* Marcu Esenwein, Phantom Knightsx3
* Red Mantis Blade Dancersx3
* Rygarn, Z'thoth Mouth of the Abyss
* 53rd North Carolina Sharpshootersx2, Fen Hydra

AgentWard and I are starting now. I have Phantoms x3, Stingers x2, Van Nessing, Bol, Marcu, while he has Red Mantis Blade Dancers x3, Z'Thoth, Rygarn.

EDIT: I won and secured a bye. Early on, I went Phantoms while AgentWard went Mantises. Phantoms were definitely getting outtraded, but I was getting solid damage on to Rygarn and Z'Thoth from Marcu, who with the protection of Van Nessing's Holy Relic I had deployed to Wannok. Round 2 Nessing himself went out into the Mantises alongside my Phantoms, and he did work. By the end of Round 4 there was only 1 Mantis remaining, but Van Nessing was in a risky spot on Wannok. At the start of Round 5, Rygarn came up and blasted Van Nessing for 4 wounds and a kill. Rygarn took 2 wounds from Stingers in response though, and then it was all Z'Thoth. Z'Thoth played aggressive, hoping to hit a big roll on 2 adjacent Stingers, but the Stingers held strong twice. I turned around from that with a huge volley to put 5 wounds on Z'Thoth in three attacks, no drain, and that was pretty much the game. Good game AW, good luck in the playoffs!

Last edited by vegietarian18; June 26th, 2021 at 08:15 AM.
Old June 26th, 2021, 09:34 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

vegie & dysole have byes to the semifinals.

The Quarterfinals are on Gambit.

The knight of scape (3-1) v. agentward (3-1) pool of armies is:
* Marcu Esenwein, Phantom Knightsx3
* Red Mantis Blade Dancersx3
* Rygarn, Z'thoth Mouth of the Abyss
* 53rd North Carolina Sharpshootersx2, Fen Hydra
knight of scape chooses to pick first or second. After armies are picked, agentward chooses who places first.

The chris perkins (3-1) v. boromir96 (3-1) pool of armies is:
* Himmelskralle, 4th Massachusetts Linex2
* Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipersx3
* Marcu Esenwein, Fyorlag Spidersx3, Wyvern (drop 1)
* Guilty McCreech, Phantom Knightsx3
* Othkurik The Black Dragon, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV]
* Kurrok the Elementalist, Water Elementalx4
* Deathreavers, Microcorp Agentsx2
chris perkins chooses to pick first or second. After armies are picked, boromir96 chooses who places first.
Old July 1st, 2021, 11:28 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

boromir96 @ myself are playing tonight @ 5 pm Eastern.

Still in the process of choosing armies.

------------------

Edit: I got the win with 2 squads of PKs & a 4-life Himmel left.

Draft:
CP - PKs
Boromir - Venocs & Spiders
CP - 4th/Himmel

Boromir opened with pure venocs, while I opened with a mix of 4th & PKs. My goal was to get my full pod of both onto the sand overlooking valda so that I could stop Boromir from ever holding it more than 1 turn, but the venocs move fast and were in my SZ before I could get up to that pod. The first squad of venocs killed 1 4th before losing all 3 to the 4th on the next OM. I then got most of my 4th up on the sandy height.

Boromir kept OMs on vipers, and I kept split OMs on PKs/4th. The venocs got some kills and a nicely timed frenzy, killing 4 4th over 1 turn. But the PKs then killed all 3 forward vipers. Boromir brought up the last 3 vipers, but they couldn't get a kill before the 4th shot them all.

The fast paced part of the game then subsided, as Boromir slowly developed spiders while I developed Himmel + PKs to fill up the full sandy spot. We had a small skirmish off to the right for Yngvild, which the spiders won (killing 1 PK) and eventually a 9 move wyvern picked up a PK from the left to start the final engagement, killing the PK.

Between rounds, I had a perfectly lined up Himmel line where she could have killed up to 6 spiders, but I lost init and Boromir was able to retreat the spiders out of her initial range, so she had to settle for the Wyvern, but she put 3 wounds on the wyvern in one attack (both of them on lava), effectively locking the wyvern down. Spiders & PKs dueled for the rest of the round (with PKs having a big edge) but the wyvern failed to put any wounds on Himmel across 2 attacks. Lava hit all 3 figures; Himmel took one wound, the wyvern & a spider died.

Himmel then got her spider chain, killing 2 spiders and putting a wound on Marcu. Boromir shifted to Mittens, but he was on the far side of the map and while he walked over PKs put another 4 wounds on Marcu. Mittens killed a PK from height, but PKs then surrounded Mittens, doing a few wounds, and Boromir called it there.

gg Boromir

Last edited by Chris Perkins; July 1st, 2021 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Game Result
Old July 3rd, 2021, 11:08 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Driving in My Semi

The Semifinals are on Honor.

The vegietarian18 (4-0) v. knight of scape (4-1) pool of armies is:
* Major X17, Hoplitronx4
vegietarian18 chooses to pick first or second. After armies are picked, knight of scape chooses who places first.

The dysole (3-1) v. chris perkins (4-1) pool of armies is:
* Bol, Guilty McCreech, Wo-Sa-Ga, Marrden Nagrubsx2
* Quorik Warwitch, Tagawa Samurai Archersx2
* Buccaneers of Tortugax2, Mind Flayer Mastermind
* Breach, Morgan's Riflemen, Water Elemental
dysole chooses to pick first or second. After armies are picked, chris perkins chooses who places first.
Old July 7th, 2021, 03:14 PM

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

The vegietarian18 (4-0) v. knight of scape (4-1) pool of armies is:
* Bol, Van Nessing, Marro Stingersx2 - 1
* Major X17, Hoplitronx4
* Ne-Gok-Sa, Marro Dividersx3 - 2
* Brandis Skyhunter, Warriors of Ashrax3 - 4
* Warden 816, Zettian Deathwingsx3 - 3
vegietarian18 chooses to pick first or second. After armies are picked, knight of scape chooses who places first.

Playing tonight at 7:30 Central.
Old July 7th, 2021, 11:12 PM

I won a grinder game vs. Knight of Scape tonight to advance to the finals.

This was mainly a game of us both trying to find the right matchups for each of our figures. Games involving Warriors of Ashra are like that. The Deathwings can tear up the Ashra, and threaten bombs on them, but they need time to do that, or else the Ashra can just run them down. The Dividers can set a good screen for the Deathwings to give them that time, one that the Ashra can't quickly hack through, but maintaining that screen means leaving Deathwings sleeping. Parallel to that, there was Van Nessing, who with double turns can easily catch the Deathwings, but doesn't want to get bogged down in engagements with Dividers either. For basically the first few rounds both me and KoS were going 2 OMs on Nessing/Ashra and 2 OMs on Dividers/Deathwings, respectively.

In the early going, I took Wannok and to get a few wounds on NGS, but things were slightly going in KoS's favor in terms of squad kills. Nessing had gotten himself stuck in the middle of the board pounding a Divider, and I was struggling to find quality attacks with the Ashra. The big turning point from my perspective was at the start of round 3, when I used my OM1 with initiative to disengage Van Nessing from the middle of the board and run down a Deathwing, and then Divine Mission to run down a second one and put Van Nessing in a very threatening spot. Suddenly the Deathwings had to be very careful, with only four members remaining, and the board had really opened up for me. That meant a lot of Dividers started getting placed in suboptimal positions and left sleeping so the Deathwings could stay safe. I took a risky leaving engagement with an Ashra to catch a Deathwing that paid off, and then the Deathwings were basically shut down. NGS died to Wannok hits, and the Warden just wasn't enough. Good game KoS.
Old July 8th, 2021, 04:07 PM

Re: Driving in My Semi

Quote:
The dysole (3-1) v. chris perkins (4-1) pool of armies is:
* Bol, Guilty McCreech, Wo-Sa-Ga, Marrden Nagrubsx2
* Quorik Warwitch, Tagawa Samurai Archersx2
* Buccaneers of Tortugax2, Mind Flayer Mastermind
* Breach, Morgan's Riflemen, Water Elemental
2 Himmelskralle, 4th Massachusetts Linex2
4 Venoc Warlord, Venoc Vipersx3
3 Marcu Esenwein, Fyorlag Spidersx3, Wyvern (drop 1)
1 Guilty McCreech, Phantom Knightsx3
dysole chooses to pick first or second. After armies are picked, chris perkins chooses who places first.
Playing Saturday, planning to start ~ 11:30 am Eastern
Old July 10th, 2021, 02:50 PM

I got the win over Dysole in a long and carefully played game.

The opening round I went all on Vipers & Dysole went all on Spiders (later telling me she expected a PKs open from me instead). I lost init and spent 2 OMs developing Vipers while Dysole spent all 3 OMs developing Spiders. I took the chance at a frenzy + init switch and charged in on my OM 3, got neither, and only killed 1/3 spiders from my 3 attacks.

Round 2 Dysole switched to all 4th while I stayed on Vipers. I had one frenzy that round, but otherwise the round consisted of Vipers moving forward, killing some stuff, and then all being killed by 4th. At the end of the round I had 2 Vipers left.

I took an OM1 on the last 2 Vipers to start round 3 and won init. They charged forward, killing 1 last spider, before the 4th finished them off on Dysole's 1st OM.

All 9 vipers were dead, along with 4 4th & 3 spiders.

I had only got 1/8 hits on frenzy, but I was still fairly happy with this board state, as the Vipers had done what I intended, which was to bring both 4th & spiders down to ~ 1 squad left so that Dysole's OMs would be hard doing into a full 3 squads of PKs for the 2nd half of the game.

1 4th charged to try and kill a PK while the other 3 retreated; the attack failed, and the PKs quickly killed the forward 4th. Dysole then tried to gather all her remaining forces just outside her SZ in the south, including Himmel who finally took an OM to move up, while I developed PKs into the south on my side of the center height / ice bergs. Dysole took a fun move where Himmel tried to kill her own spider to get an extra 3 move, but the spider blocked the betrayal swipe from Himmel. I think that really pitted Himmel against Dysole's army, because Himmel did absolutely nothing the rest of the game.

Both Dysole and myself were careful with PK / Himmel placement, working hard to deny height attacks, and so there weren't any attacks for almost a round while they got settled. Eventually Himmel charged in, but failed twice to kill a PK while rolling 0 shields across 2 PK attacks of 2/3 & 3/3, which quickly killed Himmel. My PKs killed another spider to bring Dysole down to 4 spiders left and put a wound on Wyvern.

Dysole played the Wyvern / Spiders nicely and, with a little luck (several missed LEAs and 1/1 on Web) killed a few PKs and took off my OM3. But the PKs were able to kill all remaining spiders before they lost their OM3 that round.

This left 5 PKs, Mittens (4 life left), & Guilty (1 life left) v. 3 4th, Wyvern (3 life left), & Marcu (5 life left).

The 4th tried to fight PKs, but they really aren't good at that, and the PKs killed the rest of the 4th and the Wyvern, leaving 5 PKs to fight Marcu.

I took Wanok and the height around it, forcing Marcu to charge me with 4 life left. Marcu defended well (better than Himmel by a long shot) and killed 2 PKs, but was eventually brought down by multiple PK attacks per turn + Wanok.

I won with 3 PKs, Mittens (4 life), & Guilty (1 life).

gg Dysole!
Old July 10th, 2021, 08:06 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

The Finals are on Desolation.

The vegietarian18 (5-0) v. chris perkins (5-1) pool of armies is:
* Major X17, Hoplitronx4
chris perkins chooses to pick first or second. After armies are picked, vegietarian18 chooses who places first.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events