Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old June 16th, 2021, 07:21 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Heroscape Demo on mini-disc

I've been exploring the Heroscape mini disc I snagged off ebay. It was made for pre-XP, so it's not totally running the way it's meant to, but I can still access much of it

This is what I've discovered so far:

1 comic
1 trailer
1 "Online Exclusive Game Scenario"
1 non-interactive demo of the game. Basically a couple minute video showing 1 attack between Mimring and an Izumi Samurai.

Looks like it was dominantly a promo to get people to go to Heroscape.com and access the rest of the options.

The comic appears to be missing a title, and I couldn't find it in the Downloads section (though I may have missed it).

I uploaded to Google Drive, and I believe it should be accessible to everyone.

The "data" and "game_teaser" folders are where the interesting bits are located.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Y3?usp=sharing

Edit: as mentioned by lefton4ya, most of the files are in a swf format. I had downloaded the Flash Player projector content debugger, and it has worked to open everything.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!

Last edited by Garenex; June 17th, 2021 at 04:38 PM.
Old June 16th, 2021, 09:28 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape Demo on mini-disc

"All Sand spaces are Quicksand. Figures must roll
11-20 on one die roll to move out of any
quicksand space otherwise it becomes stuck in
that space until another turn. If a figure is left in a
Quicksand space at the end of a round, it takes 1
wound automatically. Figures with double-hex
bases are too heavy to travel through quicksand
and will sink and die crossing any quicksand
space."

As a kid, I knew quicksand was dangerous, but damn!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 17th, 2021, 01:15 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Thanks @Garenex

Map is in my Official Maps and Scenarios thread and PDF, or on Wayback machine.

The comic is in the downloads Theme and Fiction section as a PDF not swf, and the cartoon is on Youtube, but would be cool to take all the swf files and zip up and put in downloads section. I was able to view with a Google Drive SWF plugin, but you can also download Adobe Flash Player projector content debugger to play after downloading or straight from the CD.
Old June 17th, 2021, 04:34 PM

Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garenex wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Thanks @Garenex

Map is in my Official Maps and Scenarios thread and PDF, or on Wayback machine.

The comic is in the downloads Theme and Fiction section as a PDF not swf, and the cartoon is on Youtube, but would be cool to take all the swf files and zip up and put in downloads section. I was able to view with a Google Drive SWF plugin, but you can also download Adobe Flash Player projector content debugger to play after downloading or straight from the CD.
Thanks for the details. I had discovered the swf player to view many of the files, and I know I had seen that video on youtube prior.

I see what I missed regarding the comic. The cover is different than either Comic 1 or 2 in the Theme and Fiction section (though very similiar to the cover of #2), but it's just those two comics combined together into one sequence.

OG Heroscape collection completed on 6/21/2016!

The new collection begins...again...hopefully...at some point...maybe...CMON Renegade!
Old June 17th, 2021, 05:06 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Yea I guess cover is new image, one of the only things that might be exclusive to this CD. Again ZIP up the SWF and FLV files - basically the Data folder minus the game_teaser mac and pc folders.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion