Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

View Poll Results: X-Men: The Last Stand...
...was a great movie! 15 44.12%
...could have been better. 15 44.12%
...sucked! 3 8.82%
...is not worth renting or wasting a rainy Sunday watching on network television. 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 26th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Movie Review: X-Men 3 (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Midnight showing at my friend's theatre...it was free. Packed auditorium, but no worries, my friend puts it on a separate screen for about 30 of us.

That was the highlight.

Then the movie came on and spoiled the evening.

Let me just say that the first X-Men movie was tons better than "The Last Stand" (good title, cause I don't know if I could stand anymore). I will say that there were some cool scenes (Juggernaut doing his thing, Iceman icing, Beast's acrobatics) but they were hard to enjoy after enduring an underdeveloped storyline just happen and horrific diolouge (I was waiting to hear someone say "cut scene...take 2"). This was the worse movie that ever had me with high expectations and anticipation.

One good thing was the trailer for an upcoming Uma Thurman movie, "My Ex-Super-Girlfriend". Looks hilarious. She actually throws a living shark through an apartment window that eats some chick! A must see!
Old May 26th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I am going to see it tommorrow and will type up a full review.
Old May 26th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Grindmaster

Would have got more in depth, but did not want to spoil. I hate spoilers!
But if anyone doesn't care about spoiling the movie and just has to know something, you can pm me.
Old May 26th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Grindmaster

Hey, nether, why can't I see your avatar?
Old May 26th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I dunno...thats odd...
Old May 26th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Grindmaster

Hopefully, it's just me...can you see it?
Old May 26th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Site Admin

Yeah I can see it. Do you perhaps have it blocked for some reason? Are you using Firefox?
Old May 26th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Grindmaster

Don't know what it is...at work there are many blocking type things. I can see your banner though.

On the X-Men topic: I hope this is the "last" one. Since the credits...actually mid-movie till now, I've been shaking my head.

My expierence from seeing first trailer till now:
:P

Old May 26th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Grindmaster

Old May 27th, 2006, 02:16 AM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Everyone, make sure you watch the scene after the credits!

I think you should put SPOLIERS AHEAD in the topic of this thread so we can actually talk about it.

I thought it was a good movie, even if it was the worst of the three. it was still one of the better action movies I've seen recently.

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old May 27th, 2006, 02:31 AM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornPuff
Everyone, make sure you watch the scene after the credits!

I think you should put SPOLIERS AHEAD in the topic of this thread so we can actually talk about it.

I thought it was a good movie, even if it was the worst of the three. it was still one of the better action movies I've seen recently.
Spoilers sign is now posted! Let's do this...

What!?! A good movie? Forget worse of the 3 it was worse than Electra and Fantastic Four!

Many points I can make here but I'll start with just this: X-Men without Cyclops is not X-Men. And the way he died. No real explanation and no feeling. We could feel the loss of Jean in part 2 even though we knew she would be back. Scott gets killed and there is no feeling at all. All the characters were beginning to develop in part 2 and in 3 they were as flat as a Heroclix map. We need scape-like characters .
Old May 27th, 2006, 02:45 AM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Heh, never saw electra or the fantastic four, i do have some standards

Bottom line: Jean, Xavier and Scott aren't dead.
I read that the guy behind this movie was the guy that did Rush Hour. It shows. I thought the picards death was pretty well done (not great, but ok). I thought the entire movie was gearing up for the epic battle on alcatraz, then a big non-sensible fight.

I guess I like really big fights with plastic weapons and hundreds of fodder mutants, is that so wrong? Yup, It was flat. The special effects were good, the plot was passable. But it didn't live up to the standards wet by X2.

There were little things that were done right, like magneto regaining his powers in the park.

hmm, Im rambling.
I'll finish up with this:
I liked it, but it could have been better.

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media