Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old May 6th, 2009, 07:09 PM

Oestedb is surprisingly tart
Why I Want to Play in a 530 Point Tournament...

Reason 1:
Swogs x4
Arrow Gruts x4
Krug
Mimring

Reason 2:
Knights of Weston x3
Sir Gilbert
Nilfheim
Eldgrim

Reason 3:
Marus Decimus Gallus
10th Reg. x2
Einar Imperium x2

For the record, I like many people have been looking for a way to make the Imperium competitive, and that last army build is the best option I have thought of so far.

For the second record, I would like to make the argument that mathmatically, a 530 point tournament deserves 25 starting hexes.

Last edited by Oestedb; May 6th, 2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old May 6th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: Why I Want to Play in a 530 Point Tournament...

The first tournament I went to was 530 points.

Note: the army I used is actually illegal by the official rules now.

Edit: In the second tournament I played in for 530 points, I used your "reason 2."

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; May 6th, 2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old May 6th, 2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
The first tournament I went to was 530 points.

Note: the army I used is actually illegal by the official rules now.
That is hilarious. Of course, with my math argument that a 530 point tourney should utilize 25 starting spaces, you could simply take old Drake instead of the AE.
Old May 6th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oestedb View Post
For the second record, I would like to make the argument that mathmatically, a 530 point tournament deserves 25 starting hexes.
Then please, go ahead and make the argument . I know there are many of us that would be interested in seeing a formula for start zone spaces as a function of point value.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 6th, 2009, 07:53 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
Then please, go ahead and make the argument . I know there are many of us that would be interested in seeing a formula for start zone spaces as a function of point value.
He's likely working from the assumption that 500 points, 24 hexes is the ideal, and in turn, every 20.83 points higher or lower means you should add or subtract, respectively, one hex from the start zones.
Old May 6th, 2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
Quote:
He's likely working from the assumption that 500 points, 24 hexes is the ideal, and in turn, every 20.83 points higher or lower means you should add or subtract, respectively, one hex from the start zones.
Yup. Nice to see I am not the first person to think of that (which I strongly doubted I was). For practicality, I would round it off to say that every 25 points deserves an additional starting space, and every time you cross the hundred point marker, two should be added, so 500 points=24 hexes, 525=25 hexes, 550=26 hexes, 575=27 hexes, 600=29 hexes, 625=30 hexes, etc.

Now to add to my first post:

Reason 4 (thanks to Jexik):
4th Mass. x6
Sgt. Drake RotV

Reason 5:
Laglor
Nakitas
Microcorp x3
Old May 6th, 2009, 08:05 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Reason 5:
Laglor
Nakitas
Microcorp x3
How about all unique:

Laglor
KMA
Nakitas
Skahen
Raelin

Or Deathreaversx2 in stead of Raelin.
Old May 6th, 2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Reason 5:
Laglor
Nakitas
Microcorp x3
How about all unique:

Laglor
KMA
Nakitas
Skahen
Raelin

Or Deathreaversx2 in stead of Raelin.
I like it. Reason number 6 it is.
Old May 6th, 2009, 09:32 PM

Ullar/utgar own is surprisingly tart

what about reason 7:
sbn
3xnagrubs
2xstingers
hive
?
Old May 6th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Gluing The Mask On This Time...

Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby! Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby! Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby! Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby!

Playing off of what you said:

Stingers x4----- 240
Hive----------- 400
Ralein--------- 480
Marro Warriors-530

23 Hexes

~Those who live by the dice, die by the dice.
Old May 6th, 2009, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ullar/utgar own View Post
what about reason 7:
sbn
3xnagrubs
2xstingers
hive
?
I am starting to like the Marro armies more nowadays, especially with the wave 9 announcements. The one thing for me though with the hive is that unless you have to calculate how many figures it will spawn, and part of that is based on how many you start with. If you are only starting with two squads of stingers, I would recommend doubling that instad of going with the hive. I doubt that the hive will spawn six stingers if that is all you start with. You can just draft two more squads for cheaper than the hive. If my theoretical calculations are off though, somebody let me know.
Old May 7th, 2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
If you are only starting with two squads of stingers, I would recommend doubling that instad of going with the hive. I doubt that the hive will spawn six stingers if that is all you start with. You can just draft two more squads for cheaper than the hive. If my theoretical calculations are off though, somebody let me know.
No, you're basically correct. The Hive does have another advantage, in that you can dump order markers on it and choose between different types of squads to activate. But if all you have is one type of Marro squad, then it's hard to justify the Hive.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion