Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 12th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Q10 is he the new Q9?

I hope I'm putting this in the right place and couldn't really find any article like it using search.
I want to touch on Q10. Everybody and their brother seem to be singing the praises of Q9, how he's awesome, you need an effective counter in every army, etc. etc. etc. However I hear nothing of Q10, sure he has less def. dice, and his specials work a little differently, but I feel he's just as good if not better than Q9, for 30 points less.
I had never played with either until last night. We were playing 400 points, general specific, builds. It was my second game of the evening and I was stuck for an idea, so I figured what the heck and grabbed the Q brothers. I have to say Q10 was the man(borg) of the match. He took out more than his points worth and even bailed Q9 out of a jam. Wrist rocket special might not offer the same amount of attacks, or dice as Q9's, but it seemed to be more effective.
I'm not trashing Q9, I just don't see what the big deal is. Maybe against low def. swarm armies he would be good, but for all around tourny type builds, I'd put my money on Q10.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles