Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 9th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Evar's customs- NEW AND IMPROVED

Recent observations about Bogdan:

His born of Dust and Stone effects the shades of Bleakewoode, and works in synergy with the Skeletons Reanimation.

Bogdan will be effected by Zombie Hulks Paralyzing Fear.

Using born of Flesh and Bone on Death Knights causes a double bonding.

The only one I think will be an issue is the double bonding with Death Knights. I want Bogdan to be able to move the Death Knights, but I'm not sure how to change the language so it will still work and stop the double bond.
I would like to fix this before I start play testing. Anybody have any ideas of what to do about it?
Old July 9th, 2013, 01:14 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

The only thing I can think of is imitating the language used on C3G cards like the Robins and Spoiler. However, while I think that works well for C3G cards, I think it would look inelegant on a Classic card.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 9th, 2013, 06:56 PM

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Okay here's an idea. Adding the word "immediately" to the wording, having it read:

BORN OF FLESH AND BONE
After taking a turn with Bogdan, you may immediately take a turn with any Undead squad you control. If you do not, you may remove one wound marker from this card.

The impression I got from the FAQ under the rechets,
Spoiler Alert!

gives me the idea that the word there (immediately) means you must finish using that special power before using any others.

This would mean that movement/bonding special powers that take place during the turn, (the Zombies Horde Movement, the Skeletons of Annellintia Undead Legion, etc.)

But powers that take place before the turn, (like the Death Knights bonding) can't be used, because you have to take the turn before you can use them, but you can't use them after you take the turn.

Does that make sense, or did I just make connections where there are none because I want this to work?
Old January 2nd, 2014, 02:07 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Really great customs here. I especially like how you have the Card/Lore/Design notes.

Thanks for sharing!!!
Old February 3rd, 2014, 10:49 PM

After a few months of inactivity on this thread, I should be adding new things soon! Have your eyes peeled! (not literally, that would just be freaky.)
Old February 27th, 2014, 10:35 PM

Moving two cards into temporary retirement until I can rework them later, and adding a new card.

Based off the Norse legend of Sigmund, this guy is made to work with the Macdirks, the Vikings, or just a stand alone hero as long as your army has an army card that works with his spirit.

Also, throwing around ideas for a Bogdan rework, since this version really isn't doing what I want it to. So if you've got any ideas, just comment!
Old February 28th, 2014, 11:16 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sigmund is interesting. I had to look up the tale of Sigmund to recall what was going on in that story, which further confirms to me how messed up mythology can be.

Well, let's do a break down. A human champion is the standard for Viking Champions, though he is the first wild one instead of valiant. There's nothing wrong with that, and from the little tale I just read he appears to be more on the wild side granted that he spent years in the woods as an outlaw with his son/nephew.

Stats-wise, he is 50% healthier than Finn and Thorngrim but moves at a snail's pace of 4. Is there a reason why you needed for it to be so low? Range 1 is standard for melee, and I can't really talk about his attack and defense without acknowledging the Sword of the Gods.

Sword of the Gods appears to be representing Gram and I'm not entirely sure how exactly you intend it to work. First, it begins with "While there are at least 3 wounds on this card," suggesting that I ignore everything that follows after until I have at least 3 wounds on this card. Then it goes on to say that he gains an additional attack die for each wound on the card up to a maximum of +3, which seems unnecessary to state if the ability doesn't even activate until he has at least 3 wounds on his card. Is it the intention that he gains a +1 and +2 attack bonus for having 1 and 2 wounds, respectively, or is it simply meant to be a threshold effect at +3 as soon as he has 3 wounds and nothing before? The additional 2 dice does appear to trigger when he has three wounds and not before, but it is still a little strange having scaling wording in an apparently threshold type power right next to a threshold effect. I fail to see the theme in his additional defense coming from his sword.

While I'm still not sure what exactly you meant from him stat-wise, I'm going to assume that he climbs to 7 attack and 5 defense when he is reduced to three life. I'm typically not in love with threshold type effects that can be a bit all or nothing, but those are pretty monstrous stats when he's wounded. Having a titan like that around will certainly demand some attention from your opponent at that point, spelling his eventual demise (though he may soak a few attacks first with that five defense) and then spread his spirit. 3 defense seems to be a little low for his starting state given his defense and armor.

His spirit is also quite exceptional from everything done so far. For one, it has some strong class and general limiters that you don't otherwise see on spirit powers. This is most likely because it can apparently affect common figures, in which case the power would have to have the "or cards" clause if that is the intent. The attack bonus doesn't require a range limiter like we've seen on attack bonuses so far, but I don't believe that is actually relevant given the class restrictions. Nevertheless, it may be best to borrow from Finn's spirit and restrict the type in case we get any ranged champions or warriors who follow Jandar in the future and don't want to spread that effect (particularly as a common squad).

While his wounded stats are monstrous, I have the hunch that he is costed a bit high. Nevertheless, I feel that the opponent has a little bit more incentive to finish of this champion and get you a spirit beyond the other vikings so far, and your type restriction may allow him to fairly drop this on the MacDirk Warriors and give them a nice boost. I like the tension that he can drive, once sufficiently wounded, to weigh the cost of killing him and having his spirit boost the enemy army or suffering his massive attack of 7.

That said, while he can absorb some of the downside of losing your champion, I suspect he is not the best option for the Highland Fury of the MacDirk Warriors. I think it would be better to instead sef-wound a different hero in your start zone and then use Sigmund as the safe bonding target who supports their forces. I can see that being a lot of fun, if a bit costly to execute.

Last edited by Ixe; February 28th, 2014 at 11:19 AM. Reason: typos
Old October 28th, 2014, 05:45 PM

Some design ideas I'm posting here, partly because I don't want to forget them, and partly because I want feedback.

I have some plans to really flesh out soulborgs and their respective factions, which has a story to go along with it that just might turn into a fan fiction.

The basic story line is that before the maeriedians learned how to make "living robots" they were a world very similar to ours, except slightly more technologically advanced. Then several scientists discover (in a joint research project) a way to implant someone's consciousness into a robot. It becomes similar to nuclear weapons, in that every country makes their own version and armies out of it. It's essentially how robots took over Alpha Prime, and each unique hero is the leader of each soulborg faction.

One of the unique heroes will be one of the first Omnicron Soulborgs created.
Game play wise, I want him to be great cheerleader for the Omnicron forces.
Theme wise, I still want him to be able to stand on his own in battle while really representing the omnicrons as a kind of flag bearer.
Possible Name: Alphacron
Possible miniatures:
Spoiler Alert!

The next one is the first Tron Borg, a brilliant scientist and strategist with his mind implanted into his own robotic creation.
Game play wise, I want this guy to be great general figure who can move the troops around without making his faction over powered.
Theme wise, I want him fairly weak in combat but with very original order marker management abilities. This guy is a genius inside of a robot, he doesn't fight his enemies directly.
Possible Name: Major A1. (Or something else A1.)
Possible Miniatures:
Spoiler Alert!

Also, the egotistical leader of a tyrannical nation gets turned robot.
Gameplay wise, I want him to be a strong fighter with some small cheer leading potential.
Theme wise: A deathbringer of mass destruction.
Possible Name: Deathbringer Mark I (or Death Commander)
Possible miniatures:
Spoiler Alert!

The insane leader of the Vulcanmechs.
Gameplay wise, I want him to be chaotic. Not random chaos, like stab in the back or eternal hatred, but consistent hard to bridle power. I also want some chaotic cheer leading/general abilites.
Theme wise, lot's of chaos.
Possible name: Vulcanmech Overlord
Possible Miniatures:
Spoiler Alert!

And his top scientist. (Who is not a soulborg, but a Maeridian cyborg.)
Game play: I thought it would be cool to have zombies rise again kind of thing with some thrall-like cyborgs, (maybe these) and/or an ability kind like a cyborg version of the Werewolf lord's mindcontrol.
Theme Wise: I want a more bridled chaotic cheerleader, with some curve ball offensive abilities.
Possible Name: Professor Something.
Possible miniatures:
Spoiler Alert!

I have more, but those are the most developed concepts.
Old June 28th, 2021, 12:40 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A little late to the party. I think this model is great for Bogdan! I first found and tried samuelfrost4's version of Bogdan here (https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=37378) which uses the same model and a similar theme for reusing rechets. It was very busted though on a larger map, being able to take high ground, evade and respawn continuously with no reason to get up close.

Now finding your version, I really like most of what I see here. The requirement of being within 5 spaces to obtain the respawnable figures, his stats, and the options to heal or take wounds. Though it seems this was never completed due to the undead squad turn chain conundrum.
My suggestion would be making Flesh and Bone an attack bonding type ability instead of a turn or move bond. This would force a staggering of your markers between Bogdan and the given squads. Or it could be worded that you may move and attack with any Undead squad to prevent the chaining. Or move and inflict a wound on Bogdan to attack with the chosen Squad.

Anyways, I'd really like to see a closed balanced version of this custom. I've made it a recent goal of mine to eventually properly balance all custom figures I add to my collection to the best of my ability.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards