Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 29th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: DFW - "Reverse the Whip" - June 25

Thanks for considering Rising Pressure for your map pool, Velenne. It was recently used at My Time to Shine in Maryland, to mixed reviews (as a map with that layout is apt to receive). I may be revisiting its glyphs based on some feedback I received. If anything looks like it needs to be changed I'll be sure to keep you appraised.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old May 30th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I will be there!

Attendees:
  1. Velenne
  2. Dignan
  3. Lightbringer
  4. CheddarLimbo
  5. DrLivingston

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old May 30th, 2011, 05:12 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

First post updated. If you know of any wacky-type maps which are still balanced (in your judgement), please IM me. I want to have 8-10 different maps but my eyes are bleeding from perusing threads right now.
Old June 8th, 2011, 02:10 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

for out of towners.
Old June 8th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I love this format.

I did something similar with Not in Kansas Anymore, which as Killometer said featured his Rising Pressure.

No disrespect to Killometer intended, but of the two asymmetrical maps featuring height for one side, Halfway Up the Downs by dok and Ollie seemed to me considerably more balanced.

All the maps there are to some extent unorthodox. I might particularly call your attention to Capuan Arena and Failed Negotiations, both by Mad_Wookiee.

I'd link them all from this post but I think the best thing might be for you to check out the tourney thread and look at them all.

Jonathan's Hometown Map cannot, I don't think, legally accommodate Tor Kul Na, so I would discourage you from using that one. Hot Meal was fun.

I might humbly suggest for your consideration The Fallen Pier, my own map linkable in my sig, which is somewhat unorthodox but I think balanced. Though I'm going to get around to swapping out Wannok for something beefier, maybe a pool to include attack & defense glyphs. It was warmly received at my most recent event, My Time to Shine, which was the event Killometer accidentally linked above when he meant Not in Kansas Anymore.

Good luck!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; June 8th, 2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old June 11th, 2011, 11:43 PM

Great suggestions, all. I'm looking into them and will update the first post with any changes.
Old June 12th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I got an army I would like to use with the Nakitas (basically I stole it from R˙chean).

When I "made" it I didn't consider the Gorilla Movement Bonding as bonding.

(I have no Gorillanators in the army.)

But R˙chean pointed out that it does say bonding in the ability.

So can I have the 5 points or is Bonding ANY kind of bonding, even Gorilla Movement Bonding.

I don't want to sway anyone, but my army has no rats, Q-9, or dragon in it.

If I can't roll with the Nakitas, Braxas + 3 squads of rats is looking mighty good...

Old June 14th, 2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
I got an army I would like to use with the Nakitas (basically I stole it from R˙chean).

When I "made" it I didn't consider the Gorilla Movement Bonding as bonding.

(I have no Gorillanators in the army.)

But R˙chean pointed out that it does say bonding in the ability.

So can I have the 5 points or is Bonding ANY kind of bonding, even Gorilla Movement Bonding.

I don't want to sway anyone, but my army has no rats, Q-9, or dragon in it.

If I can't roll with the Nakitas, Braxas + 3 squads of rats is looking mighty good...
I will swing my mighty scepter of Tournament Directing bequeathed to me by the Powers That Be and state in big bold letters (so you know they're important):

If you choose a Unit with the Bonding ability but do not actually have the option to utilize Bonding in your Army, you may still receive the 5-point bonus to your army build.

...so that's not to say you could take G'nators and be all 'oh but I'm not gonna use their Movement Bonding with my Nakitas'. Nono, you must not even have the option. So for instance if you took Legos but had no Warlords, you still get the bonus.

Last edited by Velenne; June 15th, 2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: I can't wait to play your army against my elves!
Old June 14th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Super Doopa

Sweet!

Old June 14th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I finally have my post-Not-in-Kansas-feedback redesign of Rising Pressure complete and loaded.

Side-by-side:
Spoiler Alert!

They aren't so different that I think they'd affect anyone's army choices. My full explanations of the changes are here.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old June 15th, 2011, 01:24 PM

Sweet! I've updated the first post with the new map and added clarification on the bonding thing.
Old June 18th, 2011, 06:58 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You can add me and my dad to the list.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events