Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old April 17th, 2018, 09:25 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Yes, they clearly took advantage of some lessons learned from the first one. This looks like an interesting gaming system with lots of room for growth, and I look forward to seeing what the future holds for it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 25th, 2018, 03:35 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

For those that are into Hellboy. Here's a board game for you. The kickstarter launched today.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...me/description

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 26th, 2018, 05:50 PM

Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Stranger View Post
Well, I just threw a buck each at--

Arena: The Contest
Godtear
Zombicide: Invader
Beneath
I also threw a dollar at Mysthea just before it ended last month.

So now that I've got my foot in the door x5, I need to figure out what I'm going to follow through on...
Well, as of now, I've upgraded my Arena pledge to Full (+$7 for Harun). Still considering upping my Godtear pledge when the manager opens up. Zombicide is still on the table, too, largely because it would nearly pay for itself if I could sell all/most of the KS exclusive survivors...
Old April 26th, 2018, 11:38 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Well, I just threw a buck each at--

Arena: The Contest
Godtear
Zombicide: Invader
Beneath
I also threw a dollar at Mysthea just before it ended last month.

So now that I've got my foot in the door x5, I need to figure out what I'm going to follow through on...
Well, as of now, I've upgraded my Arena pledge to Full (+$7 for Harun). Still considering upping my Godtear pledge when the manager opens up. Zombicide is still on the table, too, largely because it would nearly pay for itself if I could sell all/most of the KS exclusive survivors...
The New Zombicide looks great. Do I need hundreds more of little plastic toys to paint and store and play with every once in a while......No, but I want to say yes.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 26th, 2018, 11:41 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
For those that are into Hellboy. Here's a board game for you. The kickstarter launched today.

This looks pretty good too. Too bad I'm so out of room for everything all ready.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 27th, 2018, 06:45 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post

This looks pretty good too. Too bad I'm so out of room for everything all ready.
Yeah, I'm passing on it as well. But...I did post it on one of my gaming group's FB pages, and one of my buddies said he's for sure getting it, and I can guess that another friend might as well. This way, I may end up getting to play it sometime after all

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 9th, 2018, 08:55 AM

9BelowMadness is surprisingly tart

Pledged to Legends of Signum. Sounds like a good mash-up of elements from mini war games and MtG. And the minis look great.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...or/description
Old May 9th, 2018, 09:25 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9BelowMadness View Post
Pledged to Legends of Signum. Sounds like a good mash-up of elements from mini war games and MtG. And the minis look great.

Interesting. It's something that should appeal to me, and I should want it. But careless editing on the KickStarter page (for instance: "Every turn the player receives points of prosperity, for which he builds Buildings in his City." Both of my children write better than that, and they're still in high school.) raises red flags about possible carelessness elsewhere in the project.

I wouldn't be backing anyway, because I only rarely back anything, but this is one I'd otherwise have on my wish list.

= =
Old May 9th, 2018, 12:15 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9BelowMadness View Post

Interesting. It's something that should appeal to me, and I should want it. But careless editing on the KickStarter page (for instance: "Every turn the player receives points of prosperity, for which he builds Buildings in his City." Both of my children write better than that, and they're still in high school.) raises red flags about possible carelessness elsewhere in the project.

I wouldn't be backing anyway, because I only rarely back anything, but this is one I'd otherwise have on my wish list.
I browsed the page and read some of what they have written, and I would have guessed that whoever wrote it up is not a native speaker of English but rather wrote it up in their own language and then used a translator app to post it in English. But then I clicked on the video and it seems as though I would have been wrong. So I'm not sure what happened here but yeah, the writing is pretty awful in several areas which does make you wonder what the rule book will look like.
Old May 9th, 2018, 12:25 PM

9BelowMadness is surprisingly tart

I read though most of the rule book and the English is a lot better (guessing they outsourced the translation). I've seen interviews with the people running the company and they're based in Ukraine, so English is definitely not their first language. The campaign updates/comments and their facebook page all have those those ESL quirks but nothing that makes me worried about the final product.
Old May 9th, 2018, 12:27 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Ok, good. I didn't think to look at the rulebook itself. Obviously that's more important than their KS page.

= =
Old May 10th, 2018, 12:24 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Currently on my Kickstarter queue are the following:

Cerebria: The Inside WorldTrickerion: Legends of Illusion is my #2 game of all time, and I backed this gorgeous looking game mostly off of faith in MindClash Games. As it happens, I just acquired Anachrony at PAX East and am loving it so far, so I have no doubt Cerebria will be a hit for me.

Tiny Epic ZombiesTiny Epic Western was the first game I ever Kickstarted, and I've been enjoying the games since. Western, Quest, and Galaxies are all enjoyable games for me, so backing Zombies at a mere $30 was a no brainer.

Batman: Gotham City Chronicles – This is the big one. I had been waiting for this for multiple months prior to the campaign, and I was assuredly not disappointed. All French rulebook translation errors aside, Conan is a huge hit with me and multiple game groups I am in. Throwing Batman on top of that with even higher quality miniatures, tons more scenarios, and updated rules gives me high hopes for this game.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games