Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Strategy Articles
AotP Strategy Articles AotP Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Units, Spell Cards, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old October 22nd, 2016, 02:20 PM

Smurf_Scape is surprisingly tart
Combating Nissa's Range and her Elf's

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone could tell me the stratagem for getting past Nissa's Range and after activation move. Most of the players that I play with, even myself, seem to think that 1v1 games against Nissa End in a Stalemate, or eventuality of Nissa winning by Kiting the Enemy.

EDIT:
I wasn't very clear in my OP so I just wanted to add some detail, and my first thoughts. For context I only have the base box, and my SO loves liliana and will only really play with her. When we play 1v1 I like to mix it up and prefer to rotate through all the other characters. But the most aggravating games for her, and therefore me, are when I play Nissa. I was looking for a stratagem to suggest to her, and hopefully more then one.

The most obvious strategy would be to incorporate the move glyph into your army and/or to have other ranged units. Seeing as there are no Black ranged Units other then Liliana how is Black Meant to Battle Ranged Armies?

Last edited by Smurf_Scape; October 22nd, 2016 at 06:20 PM.
Old October 23rd, 2016, 12:13 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Combating Nissa's Range and her Elf's

Be sure to utilize terrain that blocks Los until the elves can become engaged. They only have about three turns of popup attacks that they can use before the enemy closes in on them and they run out of board to run away on.
That is the elves advantage. Lilianas advantage is ressurecting zombies as they close that gap and killing things efficiently. Play to your advantage.
Old December 18th, 2016, 11:49 PM

TechToaster Woo who?

What me and my around like 10+ friends that I play with, we actually felt for the longest time (and still do for now) that Liliana was the most OP planeswalker. As for Nissa, I have a few ideas.

First off, like Colorcrayons said, you have to use terrain to your advantage. Playing in an open field is only leaving yourself open for Nissa and her cronies whom have probably set up Rangers ontop of high terrain with Pathwardens behind them so they can't be hit from range. As such, I like to build my maps with lanes like a MOBA, so if Nissa and her army tries to take Mid-Lane or Bottom, you can still take the high road behind the safety of a giant wall of terrain about 7 pieces high. Of course, this requires about 2.5 Master Sets, lol.

What I'm getting at is that we've discovered that as I got better at building a map that takes into account all types of planeswalkers abilities really evens out the playing field for everyone. And that could be her problem. Just a thought. I also am a Junior at the University of Texas at Dallas in their Game Design program and my focus is Level Design so you could say that I'm biased, lol.
Old December 28th, 2016, 07:03 PM

Smurf_Scape is surprisingly tart

Would love to see some of these maps that you've made up! Please do share!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Strategy Articles