Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old July 21st, 2011, 10:27 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Hey A-train, Are you ever going to do more Battle Reports?I really enjoy them!!!

Boromir96

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old July 21st, 2011, 01:11 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just finished two games of Dominion over lunch at work, 1-1.
My first win in my third game! (That's pretty good for a person with a thick head) Got slaughtered in the first game. For the second game, I decided to do as close to the opposite of every choice I would have made. I imagine my entire life would be easier if I followed that mantra, especially with the wife.

G-O
Old July 21st, 2011, 01:36 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Hey A-train, Are you ever going to do more Battle Reports?I really enjoy them!!!

Boromir96
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed them. I'd like to think that I will get some more battle reports done, but I just haven't played much Heroscape in the past few months.
Thanks for the support though.
Old July 21st, 2011, 10:39 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Got some Gen Con practice in with Raider30 tonight -

HeroScape x 3 - The Krug / Jotun heroes only combo finally lost!!

Dragon Dice x 2 - We played Lava Elves / Dwarves against Coral Elves / Feral. We split the games. Raider30 had a nice Transmute Rock to Mud x 4 on the campaign after my flash flood failed in the first game. Second game I just grabbed an 8th face early and basically lightning stuck him to death.

Omen - I won 14 - 8. I got 5/6 of my feats completed while Raider30 was concentrating more on winning the battles in the cities.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old July 21st, 2011, 10:55 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

More Battleship Galaxies tonight. Wretch are so, so interesting because they have a lot of nifty things they can do in addition to activating ships but it leaves them terribly energy-strapped. Whereas the ISN can toss Missiles on a ship and use them for free with each subsequent activation, the Wretch are forced to cough up extra energy every time they want extra attacks. Sure they can re-roll an attack with the right card, but it costs energy. Sure they can pile on extra damage, but it costs energy. The tough choices are very, very fun to make!

~Aldin, noting that even with the tough energy choices the Wretch did ugly things to the ISN

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 21st, 2011, 11:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yesterday I had played my first game of Battleship Galaxies solo to get familiar with the rules. What a blast!

Last night I started teaching one of my 8 year-old twin daughters how to play and we played the first scenario. We didn't finish last night but just finished about an hour and a half ago. She took the ISN of course and I had the Wretch.

Anyhow, toward the end of the game, I had the Vapor's Fate at full health left against her 2 remaining Sparrows, a damaged Barrage and a full health Everest. She had some bad luck hitting Vaper's Fate and when she did, I rolled a 6+ many times to avoid damage. Eventually I took out her Sparrows and Barrage after taking some damage to the shields. She had Bronson Skiles on the Barrage and another Bronson in her hand. Erin Cho was already on the Everest. So I told her to hold on to Skiles and then go all out with the Barrage to try to get the 4 attack. Well after the Barrage got destroyed, she was able to add Skiles from her hand to the Everest to boost its Primary Attack. Basically the two big ships were duking it out and eventually the Everest got up to 9 hull damage on it and Vapor's Fate had all shields down but no hull damage, but it can only take 6. Fate had just missed a chance to end the game with its primary weapon but missed. Everest missed with its attached Rockets and only had its two primary attacks left. Attack strength of 2 + 1 for Skiles attached. Fate with 6 damage to take. My daughter rolled a hit with the first attack and I rolled a 2 and couldn't avoid damage. 3 damage left. She hit Fate again and I failed the roll again, and then failed the Last Chance roll of 7+ from the attached hero. She put exactly enough wounds on Fate to destroy it and win with 9 damage on Everest. She was jumping up and down and all excited. While she rolled for the attacks she was all tense and into it, and then when I was rolling to avoid damage she was all into it and hoping I'd miss. It was great to see her so excited.

Both of my daughters have played Heroscape and some other games, so they are familiar with them. BG is different in it combines miniatures with deckbuilding. So teaching her the powers of the event cards and when to use them was the only challenging part as I made sure she checked all the stats for her ships and weapons when she needed to and check the chart for damage when needed. She caught on to the basics really well and over time she'll learn the tactical side of things.

After the game my other daughter came downstairs and she had to hear all the details of the game from her sister and then look at all the cards and minis. Morgan then was explaining the cards to Paige and they both were flying the mini's around (carefully). But anyway, it was just such a fun thing to experience and what gaming is all about.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:11 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Last night I got my first game in with the new Storm of Magic expansion for Warhammer.

I had a blast! There was some insane stuff going on.

HE had first turn. On this turn he used the cantrip on my tooled up Chimera to send it packing.

On my first turn my Slann was able to cast 8 Lore of Fire spells and 2 cantrips on 14 dice as Lore of Fire was in ascendancy. I reduced his Swordmasters to like 5 guys. Truth be told they should have all died from that barrage, but I rolled poorly on my 6d6 fireball and he saved well. I also used the cantrip to take his Shaggoth off the table this turn.

His second magic phase I used cube of darkness on his first spell and then shut down the whole phase.

Another thing that really influenced the game was my Slann miscasting on two dice with my first spell of the third turn which turned all of the wizards into toads (which I feel should have no effect on a Slann since he is already a toad). This caused me to lose like 20 dice when fire was ascendant again! Then my slann and one skink failed to come back in his magic phase but all but one of his wizards came back. I then failed to bring back either my slann or my other skink on my next phase, so I tried throwing lots of dice at my few Heavens spells and cantrips that I could. I ended up miscasting with my skink and he turned into a monster. Luckily my Slann came back in his next magic phase so I could try and dispel again.

Another fun thing for me was when his storm dragon charged into my spears. My Scar Vet had the Dawnstar and I had dominance. So his dragon killed like 6 Saurus, but then my Scar Vet landed 8 auto-hit, auto-wound,2d6 Multi-wounds on the dragon. He saved a few of them with his armor, but I did way more than enough wounds, we didn't even roll them It would have been kind of fun to see what he would have gotten.

There were a couple of weird rules things we ran into. On Let the Four Winds Blow it says nothing about targeting units in buildings. I assumed they just took the hits as they couldn't move, like the Wind Blast spell from heavens. That is what we ended up going with, although we thought not targetable and making them exit the building might be viable options as well. It did allow me to drop his level 2, and I had a chance of dropping his level 4, so it was kind of important to the game, but I am pretty certain we played it right.

Also, he brought a Storm Dragon which has a breath weapon like the lore of metal spells, but doesn't say no armor save. We played it as no armor save though. Not 100% sure if that is right, but assuming GW just missed a line on that one too.

Anyway, I had a blast and want to play again. Maybe Lord Baerion will get on and give his impression too.
Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:42 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played two games of Gosu with ironman last night.

I won the first one fairly easy as I was teaching the game to him, but after a long fought battle he won 3-2 in the second one.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:54 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

You'd think Tony Stark would've had the advantage with the 220+ IQ!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:57 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
More Battleship Galaxies tonight. Wretch are so, so interesting because they have a lot of nifty things they can do in addition to activating ships but it leaves them terribly energy-strapped. Whereas the ISN can toss Missiles on a ship and use them for free with each subsequent activation, the Wretch are forced to cough up extra energy every time they want extra attacks. Sure they can re-roll an attack with the right card, but it costs energy. Sure they can pile on extra damage, but it costs energy. The tough choices are very, very fun to make!

~Aldin, noting that even with the tough energy choices the Wretch did ugly things to the ISN
When we played, you noticed how I hung back 2 turns and just loaded up the energy? That was because the cards they have are so expensive.

I'd also add that while the ISN has a potentially devastating nuke attack, the Wretch have the 5-damage Plaxma Cannons, and loaded onto the Tes Kio in combination with boarding parties....get close to Everest and board them just before zapping them with hot Plaxma death.... it's just ugly.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:57 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
You'd think Tony Stark would've had the advantage with the 220+ IQ!
He was drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 22nd, 2011, 03:04 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Learned me some Puzzle Strike this afternoon, hopefully I get to play it for real tonight.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games