Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old June 23rd, 2009, 02:19 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: How do I effectively use multiple Common Squads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Melwing17-That was directed at my brother who's been lurking here, but anyone else that wants to laugh can-I have thick enough skin to take it.

Onacara-I haven't used a lot so far, mostly Stingers and Minions, but plenty more are on my list for the future-Microcorp, Protectors of Ullar, Gruts of all variety, Romans, Capuans, MRT, etc.
Choosing between the three options you mention is part of the skill of playing the game. There's no one easy answer.

On one level, moving forward in a mob is the best. When you lose figures, you don't lose attacks. There's no letup. But if your opponent disagrees and moves one squad repeatedly, that "reckless" squad has a good chance to jump up onto height first and attack your mob from a position of strength.

You mention playing Stingers. If your opponent has Iskra and Rechets, you might want to advance a strike force of three Stingers early in hopes of killing her before they can summon. If you're up against counterstrikers, refilling from the back becomes more attractive as opposed to moving the forward group, because the Stingers moving up from behind won't be engaged like those on point.

Or take Minions. If there's a glyph you want badly, beelining one squad of Minions toward it marker after marker is going to be required, what with that four move. But after you own it, moving the glyph-holder forward to attack and then jumping another minion onto the glyph from behind can be a sweet move.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles