Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old April 13th, 2023, 01:36 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Song of the Walrus

We have enjoyed all of our games on Song of the Walrus.

I agree that it pulls right, but has countering reasons sufficient to move left as well. I agree that the center sees the most action (in most games), but the center itself is interesting and the flanks allow movement around and into the middle in several ways. The glyphs (especially if they are strong) ensure that the sides are at least worth the effort and ensure the map is not entirely center-centric.

The map truly stretches the pieces and I'm very glad that I have a white cardboard base I can use under it or else my eyes would be bleeding a bit from too much table peeking through.

I will admit that I did seriously consider a No vote for Song of the Walrus, because play can be fairly predictable, but I think this is a great use of the terrain sets and this is a solid tourney map, certainly one that I'd mix in. Perhaps it is not the most exciting option (I miss roads, shadow, and trees, I'll admit it) or the one that will put the most mental pressure on the players (it is not, though, as straightforward as it initially appears); however, this is a map that allows for most armies to play balanced and meaningful matches.

I decided to go back to our stated purpose:

Quote:
Wargrounds of Scape curates a collection of high-quality maps from community nominations. In the spirit of recognizing the decade-plus tradition of mapmaking on this site, we seek to provide a one-stop shop of maps from all eras and projects that provide consistently excellent gameplay for the modern meta.

We hope that tournament directors — and anybody else seeking high-quality competitive maps — will find this a valuable resource.

With this in mind--knowing this is a solid tourney map and a high-quality map for the sets it uses--I vote YES to accept Song of the Walrus into the Wargrounds of Scape.

Last edited by 1Mmirg; April 13th, 2023 at 01:37 PM. Reason: SOW = WOS

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios