Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old August 7th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

I like the idea of Kami, and I think Secret Identities are good whenever possible. I didn't know Scorpion is the only true ninja - I only have an extremely passing knowledge of this world, I just thought it would be cool to see it. I didn't even know that Liu Kang and Kung Lao were linked - I'm wondering if it may be better to put something like that on Kung Lao's card, since Liu Kang is more iconic and should, IMO, work well stand alone. He should definitely have a better attack than just 4 in melee IMO, though, since he was the canonical champion.

I didn't know there were 2 different Sub-Zeroes.

I could have sworn I was right about the Secret Identities, but I just checked the rulebook and it appears I'm mis-remembering. Bugger.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; August 7th, 2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old August 7th, 2014, 12:22 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
Trust me, there's nothing you could tell me about Mortal Kombat , SG-1, that I don't already know.
Sorry if I offended you, I was just trying to help.

Quote:
This was intended to be Kuai-Liang's card, as he's the one with the ice clone ability showcased in the games, starting with 3. Giving Bi Han an ice puddle special, would be more fitting for him.
Yeah I was wondering about the ice clone, though I'm pretty sure Bi-Han used it in MK:Sub-Zero. I just associate the Spine Rip with Bi-Han more than Kuai-Liang I guess.
Haha no, not offended at all. I was just having fun being able to express my MK fandom.

Yeah, that's a fair point about the Spine Rip. Younger Sub has used it throughout the games as well, but in MK3 he used the lifting freeze and smash fatality. So I could see that point. The Spine Rip would suit either of them well, but Bi-Han was the original.

I was thinking Bi-Han could have his ice puddle special, where he places ice tiles down, and any opponent's figure that moves over it, has to stop their movement.

I'm also thinking for either Scorpion's spear, or Sub's freeze, it might be appropriate to negate defensive specials.
Old August 7th, 2014, 12:36 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I didn't know Scorpion is the only true ninja - I only have an extremely passing knowledge of this world
Yep none of the 'Palette Swap Ninjas' are actually ninjas except Scorp.

Smoke and the Sub-Zeros are Lin-Kuei, which are just Chinese ninjas really.

Reptile is a freaky lizard man, Ermac is a conglomeration of the souls of defeated warriors, and Noob is Sub-Zero 1's ghost basically. Not really sure what any of their classes would be, though Reptile could be an Assassin or maybe an Enforcer, his whole role in MK9 is just to get his ass kicked by whoever you're playing as at the time in story mode.

Quote:
Yeah, that's a fair point about the Spine Rip. Younger Sub has used it throughout the games as well, but in MK3 he used the lifting freeze and smash fatality. So I could see that point. The Spine Rip would suit either of them well, but Bi-Han was the original.
Personally I'd give it to Bi-Han, he had it first and it's pretty much his only fatality iirc. Kuai-Lang has used it, but he has other options to chose from, and it probably would be a good idea not to duplicate the same fatality on both their cards, helps show they're separate characters imoo. Spine Rip fits Bi-Han's more ruthless personalty better too I think.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old August 7th, 2014, 12:47 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I like the idea of Kami, and I think Secret Identities are good whenever possible. I didn't know Scorpion is the only true ninja - I only have an extremely passing knowledge of this world, I just thought it would be cool to see it. I didn't even know that Liu Kang and Kung Lao were linked - I'm wondering if it may be better to put something like that on Kung Lao's card, since Liu Kang is more iconic and should, IMO, work well stand alone. He should definitely have a better attack than just 4 in melee IMO, though, since he was the canonical champion.

I didn't know there were 2 different Sub-Zeroes.

I could have sworn I was right about the Secret Identities, but I just checked the rulebook and it appears I'm mis-remembering. Bugger.
Maybe I can get away with tacking on a 4th power to either Liu's or Kung's card. Because there's 2 powers for Kung I already have planned. A hat throw special attack, and a teleport fury kick. I'd certainly like one of them to have a power that links the two. Liu could use MMA, or something like it.
Old August 7th, 2014, 02:43 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I'm gonna shoot from the hip here. You guys are doing some tremendous work here, but I'd hate for it to go to naught. If you truly want the heroes to reconsider than you need to follow Yodaking's lead. He posted minis for the Tick and Arthur because he understands that having a possible mini is half the battle. Someone needs to show that good looking minis are possible before the Sanctum will ever recall a vote with any possibility of it being overturned. Johnny posted his criteria, and Bats and TB basically agreed. That means that unless you climb from the realm of "unlikely" - which is where these characters currently reside - to the realm of "possible" - which an actual modded mini would substantially help - I'm afraid you guys are passionately wasting your time. Not trying to be mean or rude, just trying to help you guys who obviously have a passion for these characters.

~Spidey, who understands passion for a character and understands how the Sanctum works

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 7th, 2014, 03:00 PM

Just kind of sucks that you have to spend money, time, and effort to create a mini mod., just for a chance for them to be passable, for a chance to be voted on in a public vote, for a chance to win.

A lot of hoops for a lot of maybes. Not a complaint, just a statement.

We'll see if I can work something out.
Old August 7th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The time, money, and effort is being spent on the mod itself. Once you've done all that, you still have the mod, regardless of whether any of the rest of it happens.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 7th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Well, at some point someone is going to have to make a mod. No figure starts the C3G process (or at least, no figure SHOULD start the process) without having a figure planned. You don't have to actually buy/make it, you just have to be certain that it works.
Old August 7th, 2014, 03:07 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Well, at some point someone is going to have to make a mod. No figure starts the C3G process (or at least, no figure SHOULD start the process) without having a figure planned. You don't have to actually buy/make it, you just have to be certain that it works.
And the best way to do that is do the figure yourself, which also makes it easy to make a tutorial for the mod if you take pics as you go.

LP has done several figures that needed mods, in each case he not only had figure in mind, he had it in hand and often already had the figure modded. Check out Brit and Donald Ferguson if you don't believe me.

EDIT: and Cecil Stedman! For the record, the minis for these appear in post #3, #3, and #17 respectively. So even a Hero has to have more than a thought of what mini they will use. Is it really fair to expect to have to do any less?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez

Last edited by Spidey'tilIDie; August 7th, 2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old August 7th, 2014, 03:08 PM

Gotcha.

I found this on google, for what it's worth:

Honestly, they can't be that hard to make.

Last edited by Arkham; August 7th, 2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old August 7th, 2014, 03:14 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I'm already working on mods for my own MK customs, if I post some 'dumbed down' versions of them would that work for proof of concept for Sock's stuff? It doesn't have to be him that does the modding right?

I'd like to help get some MK figures into the C3G tourneys if I can, I think I also have some 'C3G points' from my wins, don't know of someone else can use those to start a design or something like with the C3V points. Could I donate mine to an MK fund or something? Pretty sure they're useless for me.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old August 7th, 2014, 03:16 PM
C3G's First Fan

Quote:
Gotcha.

I found this on google, for what it's worth:
[IMG]www.pojo.com/heroclix/scenarios/2008/mortal-kombat-auctions-075.jpg[/IMG]

Honestly, they can't be that hard to make.
Well, I have a pretty extensive knowledge of Heroclix and I couldn't begin to guess where Subzero and Scorpion started as. I get a sense of familiarity from Raiden, though I can't put my finger on which mini he was.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy