Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old September 11th, 2010, 10:15 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I've had it!

I have had it with WotC's lack of advertising for this game! This game could be thriving if they would advertise it even a little! They never advertise! Not even on their site, Hasbro should not have switched us over! WotC doesn't care to even make original sculpts anymore! They didn't want Heroscape, they just got it dropped on them!

I apologize for my rant but I am just so irritated at WotC. Even Walmart is dropping us at this point! I don't want to say that WotC doesn't care seeing as they have released 3 waves and a MS in one year but come on, I havent seen a TV advertisement in years. That is what drew me to the game. I saw a commercial for it. If they would care enough to advertise, we might be doing better. I fell like WotC looks at us as the ugly stepchild they have to make feel included in the family but don't listen to what we have to say.

Once again I apologize if I offended anyone. Comment if you will, I just needed to get what I had to say out.
Old September 11th, 2010, 10:16 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: I've had it!

Is this supposed to be serious?

(Not trying to be mean or anything, but just honestly confused.)

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old September 11th, 2010, 10:16 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

Think of it this way, we only get the cream of the crop then

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old September 11th, 2010, 10:19 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post

I am serious, I just needed to vent.
Old September 11th, 2010, 10:21 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post

I am serious, I just needed to vent.

Ahh...ok. Because it seems to me that WotC has done a lot advertising-wise by sticking the famous/infamous D&D label on the packaging of the latest sets.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old September 11th, 2010, 10:26 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think word of mouth and in store demo's are much better for the game than ads. I don't think any TV ad can really give this game justice and do more harm than good. I think a big part of why hardcore gamers don't take this game as seriously as us on here is because of the old Hasbro commercials that made it look like a kids game. Of course I don't watch TV anyway and have never seen a commercial except on Youtube. If I have time to watch TV I have time to play Heroscape
Old September 11th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

I remember seeing a commercial for RotV back when it was first released. The only part I remember is Agent Carr getting brought to Valhalla by some weird ring things....

I don't freguent the WotC website often, but I agree that they could advertise at least a little on the site. A television commercial might work, but the only other game from WotC that had a commercial was Magic: The Gathering. I even have it on tape somewhere in my room. The playtesters are playing and one plays this weird ogre thing. Then his opponent plays a Raging Goblin, but someone tells him that the Goblin is absent or something, so they send in an accountant. Needless to say, it didn't go well for the accountant....

I suppose if people saw a commercial on T.V., they would head to WallyWorld, and be unable to find it. They'd ask a stocker, get told they don't carry it, and they'd go home sad. Eventually, someone might catch on and tell the higher-ups that there's an amazing amount of requests for Heroscape. Then, in a fairy-tale ending, the preisdent of WallyWorld makes a deal with Wizards and 'Scape becomes readily available for eveyone.

It might sound far-fetched, but it could happen.
Old September 11th, 2010, 11:34 PM

Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker Harlax knows what's in an order marker

Well, if you want to see some real rants, try necroing some threads discussing Hasbro's marketing of the game.

Lord of the Rings TMG Events -Gen Con 13
The North American Championship tournament- Saturday at 4 PM. NMN1342543
Battles of Middle Earth - Saturday at 10 AM. NMN1344930
Old September 11th, 2010, 11:36 PM

JayMust is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Actually a slightly better plan would be for everyone to call 1-800-WalMart and tell the nice people on the phone that you are disappointed that they are not carrying Scape anymore. Trust me a thousand people calling and asking will have a better chance than telling the person stocking the shelves.
Old September 11th, 2010, 11:38 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thread concerned me ... steaming is not a good thing to do on here, by starting a new thread, that could easily become a spam thread. But I want to thank everyone who responded and made it a worth whilethread about how to better market. BUT with that said, we already have one of those threads.
Old September 11th, 2010, 11:39 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I would just like to ask how Heroscape advertising compares to the other products' advertising. How many D&D, or MtG commercials do you see? I have probably seen as many for those other games as I have for Heroscape. It just isn't a game that would get the return on investment for commercials. It might make sense for something like Sorry Sliders that isn't as much of a niche product.
Old September 12th, 2010, 12:36 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; September 12th, 2010 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Nah, nevermind...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News