Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old April 15th, 2021, 08:13 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ulysses' Maps (New Map 4/2021)

I really needed to address the overwhelming need for double tundra/dungeon maps with too many choke points and questionable development. Tournament organizers everywhere are craving unvetted maps that utilize only the most rare and expensive terrain combos and I have obliged!:

Ablation
Requires: 1 BftU and 2 TT

In all seriousness though, I've been playing around with this one for the last week and I'm at the point where I'm running out of tweaks to make. The shadows have moved probably 15 times trying to balance aesthetics and playability, as well as the upper snow and ice levels trying to make dragons a little less potent on it. There's not a lot of real estate which might hamper 24 hex armies a bit and it's probably best played with lower figure count formats. There's some z-bomb potential, but it's limited to affecting 5 figures at most and Zelrig would not be able to do it from the top level in his first turn. As per normal, shadow has been placed to help contest height, but also to help development from the left sides of the start zone which starts lower than the right side. The right side start zone includes level 0 ice to slow movement in hopes of further balancing development. Power glyphs are equidistant to each startzone and treasure glyphs have been placed to punish bad timing just a tad. As always this map may change and I'm happy to hear any input!
Old May 6th, 2021, 04:48 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ulysses' Maps (New Maps 5/2021)

My two entries for the ScapeCon Map Contest

Gambit
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 TJ, and 1 VW

A hint of Fulcrum needlessly blended with a jigger of Fire Isles, the title really says it all as far as how this plays.

Cedrus Drift
Requires: 1 SotM, 1 RttFF, and 1 TT

A tight and bloody no-glypher for split SZ pleasure. Marvel at my Windows95-esque word art skills!
Old May 6th, 2021, 07:05 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Question about Marro Shrine. Can Brunak carry Ne-Gok-Sa carrying the relic using Ornak in turn one? Would you consider that a single move. Just thinking about the questions I would have to field from my buddies as they build their armies. That could be a one-move escape!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old May 6th, 2021, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmuskie View Post
Question about Marro Shrine. Can Brunak carry Ne-Gok-Sa carrying the relic using Ornak in turn one? Would you consider that a single move. Just thinking about the questions I would have to field from my buddies as they build their armies. That could be a one-move escape!
Good question, and you'll have to forgive my wording as this scenario was written quite a while ago with far less HS knowledge, but the line "Any individual Relic may only be moved once throughout a player's turn." Is meant to imply no stacking shrine moves via Ornak, Kurrok, Glad/Blast etc. Basically one shrine move per numbered OM (sorry Haracles and Van Nessing). Hopefully that helps.
Old May 24th, 2021, 05:03 PM

Twisted Cistern
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 BftU, and 1 FotA
Old May 24th, 2021, 08:06 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Lol. Clever name as usual. Looks like a lot of fun!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old July 11th, 2021, 06:46 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Ulysses' Maps (New Map 1/2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Any treasure glyph or trap in particular for Drider? It’s next on my list to try out.
I usually pull from a pool of treasure glyphs that benefit most heroes, but aren't too high powered. Commonly Belt of Giant Strength, Scarab of Invulnerability, Ring of Protection, and Disengage (brooch).

For the trap, just the standard 1-5, roll one unblockable attack die.

Thanks for the interest and happy to hear your thoughts if anything comes to mind!
So I finally got in about half a dozen plays in on Drider. I played without the treasure glyph. At first I wasn’t thrilled with how you could hide a bit while standing on the glyph under the castle door, but the more I played, I liked that it forced ranged units to come out of the start zone to take some shots. It opened up the melee units on the road to come around and flank from the opposite side. It’s a very fun map especially for the terrain requirements.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old July 11th, 2021, 07:39 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

I as well have loved playing on Drider

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 282 - 124
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old July 23rd, 2021, 04:30 PM

Re: Ulysses' Maps (New 3-Player Map 7/2021)

Triumvirate
Requires: 2 RotV, 3 RttFF, and 1 additional small ruin

Needed a 3-player map for a 'control points' style game the other night so I put this together and made some adjustments after the game for standard kill them all or kill the player to your left/right type scenarios. Enjoy!
Old August 14th, 2021, 02:43 PM

Re: Ulysses' Maps (New Map 8/2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post

So I finally got in about half a dozen plays in on Drider. I played without the treasure glyph. At first I wasn’t thrilled with how you could hide a bit while standing on the glyph under the castle door, but the more I played, I liked that it forced ranged units to come out of the start zone to take some shots. It opened up the melee units on the road to come around and flank from the opposite side. It’s a very fun map especially for the terrain requirements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
I as well have loved playing on Drider
Thank you so much for the feedback gentlemen! Drider was such a challenging map to build, I think it was on version 10 or 11 before I submitted it and there may still be new revisions to make after I hear the feedback from the ARV competition.
Old August 14th, 2021, 02:47 PM

Ran a few games on this recently and made some tweaks and ran another. I usually try to avoid 24-hex tile start zone maps these days, but I've been pretty happy with how this one has played.

Bayou Blitz
Requires: 1 SotM, 1 FotA, and 1 TJ
Old August 14th, 2021, 07:18 PM

Also of note, Cedrus Drift has been revised per feedback after the Gencon map contest. Percolator has been updated after personal playtesting and to enhance the theme of water percolating out of the map that got lost over various iterations. Gambit has been removed pending possible revision, though it's on the back burner. Previous map versions are still visible buried in the thread.

Cedrus Drift v2
Requires: 1 SotM, 1 RttFF, and 1 TT

Percolator
Requires: 1 RotV and 1 TJ

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios