Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 12th, 2022, 12:08 PM

RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby!
Maps for a Rainy Day

Hello! Thank you for checking out my maps.

Featured Maps

These are my two entries for the Hexicon BoV Remix contest, a remix of Fossil by R˙chean and Embattled Den by Gamebear. My methodology was similar for both; take a good map with a few flaws and add the dungeon set in the hopes of smoothing over those flaws.

Relic
Requirements: 1x BftU, 1x MtCB, 1x RttFF

Embattled Den
Requirements: 2x BftU, 1x FotA

These two maps are my entries into the Hexicon Unorthodox map contest. An attempt at a asymmetric map and an attempt and something out of the ordinary.

Eldfjall
Requirements: 1x RotV, 1xTT, 1x VW

Bayou Bend
Requirements: 1x SotM, 1xRttFF, 1x TJ

Other Maps (by Master set)

RotV Maps

Spoiler Alert!

SotM Maps
Spoiler Alert!

SotM & BftU Maps
Spoiler Alert!

2x Marvel Maps
Spoiler Alert!

1x SotM/BftU & 1x Marvel Maps
Spoiler Alert!

RotV & BftU Maps
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by RainyDays; Today at 02:34 PM. Reason: New maps
Old September 12th, 2022, 01:04 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Awaken515's Maps - New Map 9/12/22

Nice maps! I used a similar set list in my most recent map. Not much I can critique based off just the picture other than I feel as though you could utilize the road tiles a little more efficiently. It's certainly not a requirement, but I find it awkward sometimes when the road is just a space away from the start zones. I like to launch units into battle and sometimes when there's that gap between start zone and road it can make for awkward unit placement, especially when that road is on height. That isn't to say there aren't plenty of good maps that don't follow this rule, just something to consider. I'll have to give this map a try though because it does look like fun.

Excited to see what else you come up with, and welcome back!
Old September 12th, 2022, 02:59 PM

RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby! RainyDays rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Awaken515's Maps - New Map 9/12/22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaesShurrig View Post
Nice maps! I used a similar set list in my most recent map. Not much I can critique based off just the picture other than I feel as though you could utilize the road tiles a little more efficiently. It's certainly not a requirement, but I find it awkward sometimes when the road is just a space away from the start zones. I like to launch units into battle and sometimes when there's that gap between start zone and road it can make for awkward unit placement, especially when that road is on height. That isn't to say there aren't plenty of good maps that don't follow this rule, just something to consider. I'll have to give this map a try though because it does look like fun.

Excited to see what else you come up with, and welcome back!
Thanks Jaes for the feedback and encouragement. I checked out your map - it looks great as well! I find that terrain set to be a lot of fun.
Old October 5th, 2022, 12:27 PM

Re: Awaken515's Maps - New Map 10/5/22

Here are two maps that I created for the Scapecon III Marvelous Maps competition.

Toxic Thaw

Requirements: 2x M:tCB, 1x SotM, 1x TT

Desolate Courtyard

Requirements: 2x M:tCB, 1x FotA

I wanted to challenge myself even further so I tried to make a map using only 2 Marvel sets and 1 expansion. It was a challenge working with such less terrain than I normally would, but it was fun and a great learning experience.

Last edited by RainyDays; February 10th, 2023 at 11:12 AM.
Old November 7th, 2022, 10:45 AM

Re: Awaken515's Maps - New Map 10/5/22

I updated the two maps I made for the Marvel contest, Toxic Thaw and Desolate Courtyard.

For Toxic Thaw I smoothed out the middle leaving a level 2 path. I also changed around some of the tiles for aesthetic purposes. I'm still not sure what I want to do long term with this map; there is a lot of unused terrain so I might revisit this again and attempt to lengthen the map from its current 11 hexes between start zones.

On Desolate Courtyard I just shifted the castle walls so that there is LOS obstruction between the glyphs and the central height. I also moved one other hex next to each of the moved columns to compensate.

Thank you to everyone who gave feedback on these maps!
Old November 7th, 2022, 11:34 AM

Re: Awaken515's Maps - New Map 11/7/22

Here's a map that spawned out of an idea I was tinkering with for the Marvel contest.

High Tide Hideout

Requirements: 1x SotM, 1x M:tCB, 1x FotA

A once thriving port town, the abandoned ruins now serve as the hideout for a band of devious pirates!
Old December 13th, 2022, 09:04 AM

Re: Awaken515's Maps - New Map 12/13/22

In honor of the holiday season here is a Christmas-themed map.

Tree Farm

Requirements: 1x SotM, 1x TT, 2x RttFF

Grab a friend and take a stroll through Valhalla's only Christmas tree farm!
Old December 13th, 2022, 09:45 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

What! No special rules for cutting one down or a Grinch/Scrooge glyph?!?

Looks fun, going to add to my queue of maps to try out.

-insert signature here-
Old December 13th, 2022, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
What! No special rules for cutting one down or a Grinch/Scrooge glyph?!?

Looks fun, going to add to my queue of maps to try out.
Thanks for trying it out! I'll have to come up with some special rules, perhaps capture the flag but instead capture the tree?
Old December 15th, 2022, 10:38 AM

Re: Awaken515's Maps - New Map 12/13/22

Lately I have been experimenting with a terrain set of 1x BftU, 1x MtCB + 1 expansion. Here's a couple of those maps I have been working on and believe are ready for the world!

Vagabond

Requirements: 1x BftU, 1 MtCB, 1 RttFF

Charcoal

Requirements: 1x BftU, 1 MtCB, 1 VW

Any thoughts or feedback is appreciated as always!

Last edited by RainyDays; February 10th, 2023 at 11:12 AM.
Old December 15th, 2022, 12:28 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Awaken515's Maps - 2 New Maps 12/15/22

I really like the color blocking on Vagabond.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 15th, 2022, 03:30 PM

Re: Awaken515's Maps - 2 New Maps 12/15/22

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
I really like the color blocking on Vagabond.
Thank you. It was interesting trying to make a map that was symmetrical yet had two distinct sides. Hence the name "Vagabond", as in one who wanders from place to place.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios