Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 9th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Viegon's & Family's Tournament Style Maps -- new maps 6/12

I finally did it, I finally took the time to figure out how to make PDFs and the such, and here is the finished result. In this thread I shall be displaying all the maps me and my siblings have created in the tournament style (i.e. smallish, made for 300-600 points, generally symmetrical and hopefully well balanced). I will note that while we all love to make maps and I like to believe they are perfectly balanced, they have not been "tested", really, just played on for a handful of games. I would also like to note that some of these maps are not made with terrain limits, so please don't frown too much when you come across a map requiring a Ticalla Jungle set simply because a single tree was used.

We have quite a lot of them on VirtualScape, and are making more by the day, but I'll only start with one of mine for now, and update it quite frequently (at least until I get all of the ones we have now on here).

So, without rambling on any longer with the good chance of losing your interest, I present to you, our Crew's Maps:

CROWD HAD RUSHED TOGETHER:
Date Added: 6/12/12
Author: Viegon
Sets: RotV x1, TT x1
Suggested Glyphs: A suggested Treasure Glyph pool of: Potion of Healing, Elixir of Speed, Scarab of Invulnerability, Bracers of Teleportation, Giant Hunter Stone, Heroic Rune, Talisman of Defense, and Brooch of Shielding, with 2 glyphs sitting out; but really, any 6 Treasure Glyphs can be used
Treasure Glyph Trap: Your opponent must choose 3 figures he/she controls on Grass or Rock spaces, if possible. All chosen figures receive 1 wound.
Notes: As normal, the 6 Brandar glyphs represent Treasure Glyphs. The Treasure Glyphs and the above Trap are necessary for map balance, because without them range rules. As for the terrain, Heavy Snow but Normal Ice.

MARRO BATHHOUSE:
Date Added: 6/12/12
Sets: SotM x1, FotA x1
Suggested Glyphs: Any 2 Power Glyphs and 2 Treasure Glyphs
Treasure Glyph Trap: The player controlling the hero who set off the trap must immediately place that hero on any empty space in their startzone. If there are no empty spaces in your startzone, that hero instead receives 2 wounds.
Notes: As normal, the 2 Brandar glyphs represent Treasure Glyphs.

SLUDGECANO:
Date Added: 5/22/12
Sets: SotM x1, RotV x1
Suggested Glyphs: Any 2 Power glyhps
Notes: If you're looking for a very competitive map, don't choose this one. While it's fun and decently balanced, there are definitely certain units that will be quite powerful on it.

SELF CENTERED:
Date Added: 5/18/12
Sets: SotM x1, RotV x1, FotA x1
Suggested Glyphs: Designed to be played with the Defense +2 Power Glyph
Notes: Unfortunately, I find this is one of those maps that just don't translate well unto VirtualScape. I mean, it's hard to tell but this map has uber-drastic-height change.

SWAMP SWINGabout:
Date Added: 4/17/12
Sets: SotM x1, TJ x1
Suggested Glyphs: Wannok and two Initiative +8 glyphs

SOMETIMES, THINGS REALLY ARE JUST BLACK & WHITE:
Date Added: 4/3/12
Sets: Marvel x1, TT x1
Suggested Glyphs: Attack +1 works well
Notes: Normal Snow and Slippery Ice

FLAMIN' TOPS:
Date Added: 3/28/12
Author: Zettian Juggernaut
Sets: RotV x1, VW x1, TJ x1
Suggested Glyphs: Any 2 Treasure Glyphs. Attack +1 and Move +2 work well for the power glyphs
Notes: Plays best with 2 large ruins instead of one small/one large.

A HOLE IN THE WORLD:
Date Added: 3/25/12
Sets: RotV x1, RttFF x2
Suggested Glyphs: 2 Wannoks by the bridge walls, 2 Dagmars on the heights

SETTLING ASHES:
Date Added: 3/21/12
Sets: BftU x1, Marvel x1, VW x1 (with 2 extra Mika Connour shadow tiles)
Suggested Glyphs: any 4 treasure glyphs
Treasure Glyph Trap: When activated, you opponenet gets to remove all figures on shadow spaces and replace them anywhere on any shadow spaces.

THE FIRE AND THE FILTH
Sets: SotM x2, VWx1
Suggested Glyphs: the 2 Dagmar's on there, and any 2 Treasure Glyphs in place of the Brandars
Treasure Glyph Trap: When activated, choose a figure you control on Swamp Water and give it one wound

HER ICY EMBRACE:
Author: TrollBrute
Sets: BftU x1, TT x1
Suggested Glyphs: Any

RUNNING FROM SHADOWS:
Sets: BftU x1, RttFF x1
Suggested Glyphs: Wannok

WHERE CHAOS BREEDS:
Sets: SotM x1, RttFF x2
Suggested Glyphs: Unique Attack +1 and Wannok

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!

Last edited by Viegon; June 12th, 2012 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Added Marro Bathhouse and Crowd had Rushed Together
Old March 9th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Viegon's & Family's Tournament Style Maps

Did you intentionally misspell chaos?

Nice looking map, btw.
Old March 9th, 2012, 09:34 PM

Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby! Bloody Bogle rolls all skulls baby!

Looks great! Can't wait to see more!

If you have an idea for a signature, let me know. Until then, this stays here
My Trade List
My Custom Map Thread
Old March 9th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

About time you got this up.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old March 10th, 2012, 09:20 AM

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Did you intentionally misspell chaos?

Nice looking map, btw.

No, it isn't supposed to be spelled wrong. I'll fix that.

Thanks for the support!

Old March 10th, 2012, 10:05 AM

Re: Viegon's & Family's Tournament Style Maps -- new map 3/1

Okay, fixed all of the "chaos" misspells, AND, to divert your attention away from my slip-up, I present to you a new map, made by my brother whom we have dubbed The Black Header Luck Sucker, called "Growth in the Despairing Underdark":

Old March 11th, 2012, 09:14 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

I look forward to more maps from this family.
Old March 11th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, they look really good! Aesthetically perfect, and I can't point out any major flaws, other than that WCB is a little cramped with all the blockers. IMO, you don't really need the marro hive and the inner walls.

Can't wait to see more!
Old March 11th, 2012, 10:41 PM

Thanks!

Where Choas Breeds does struggle a little from being cramped, but I hate not using all the pieces (especially pieces like that).

Old March 12th, 2012, 12:08 PM

OP updated with the two maps me and TrollBrute entered in Typhon's contests. And I put the links in the title of the maps.

Old March 12th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Viegon's & Family's Tournament Style Maps -- new maps 3/

I think you have illegal placement on the walls on Running from Shadows. Not like I'm a stickler for that kind of thing or anything...

Otherwise, I really like it- by far your best map. IMO, to make it as great as possible, you might want to lower the 7-hexes in the starting zone, get rid of the wall, and move the dungeon 7-hexes where the water/shadow are on lv. 1 in the center. The starting zone to the immediate right can be moved farther up the map, toward the other starting zones, and the lv. 3 height can be moved to accommodate for the wall being moved. Finally, you can move the LoS blocker on the very left to right in front of the lv. 3 tile so that figures on it can't shoot down the road- because a figure like Syvarris can jump on it turn 1 and beat the crap out of any melee figures coming at it.

I hope you don't think I'm too nit-picky because of my suggestions, but I hope they help you figure out how to make even better maps in the future based on them!

-R
Old March 12th, 2012, 04:23 PM

Re: Viegon's & Family's Tournament Style Maps -- new maps 3/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robber View Post
I think you have illegal placement on the walls on Running from Shadows. Not like I'm a stickler for that kind of thing or anything...
Hmm... looking at the rulebook, you're right. I never knew, I've built so many maps that way, I probably use the bridge walls like that more often then I don't. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote:
Otherwise, I really like it- by far your best map. IMO, to make it as great as possible, you might want to lower the 7-hexes in the starting zone, get rid of the wall, and move the dungeon 7-hexes where the water/shadow are on lv. 1 in the center. The starting zone to the immediate right can be moved farther up the map, toward the other starting zones, and the lv. 3 height can be moved to accommodate for the wall being moved. Finally, you can move the LoS blocker on the very left to right in front of the lv. 3 tile so that figures on it can't shoot down the road- because a figure like Syvarris can jump on it turn 1 and beat the crap out of any melee figures coming at it.
Could you do that out on VirtualScape and post a picture? I tried following your suggestions myself, but couldn't quite understand what you mean with some of them.

Quote:
I hope you don't think I'm too nit-picky because of my suggestions, but I hope they help you figure out how to make even better maps in the future based on them!

-R
Don't worry, it's nice to hear constructive criticism, it's definitely better then hearing nothing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios