Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 20th, 2006, 11:03 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Soundwarp SG-1's Custom Card Archive

Hello all

---
Customs (Organized by General)
---

Aquilla
Spoiler Alert!

Einar
Spoiler Alert!

Jandar

Spoiler Alert!

Ullar

Spoiler Alert!

Vydar

Spoiler Alert!

Utgar (Marro)

Spoiler Alert!

Utgar (Other)

Spoiler Alert!

---------------------
Older Customs and Orginal Post
---------------------

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; May 2nd, 2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old September 21st, 2006, 07:26 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I like the abilities-especailly the Wolf's Howl! I like the idea of having varied range! The 'call of the pack' ability i think you should have only put move 3 wolves you control or 4 devourers you control!
But good overall!
Old September 21st, 2006, 12:05 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Nice, Soundwave! Anything to help Khosumet is welcome

A few things:

If you are going to use Unleashed Fury, you should keep it official (wound on roll of 1 only).

Wolf's Howl is cool but overpwered in a thematic sense. Potential 8 attack from 8 range is a bit much for a howl. Even 3 or 4 range is pushing it.

Call The Pack needs some rewording. As it is now it may be interpreted to take a turn with 4 squads of wolves. Since Komu is servant to the darklord maybe he should directly bond with him. Darklord Bonding would work. As for moving more wolves, a separate ability could be used to move with Anubian Wolves after you take a turn with Komu. This way Khosumet and Komu will lead the pack into battle and you could give the Anubians real turns once in range of the enemy. If you play with Komu without Khomuset then your initial moves with the wolves are safe from causing deaths since they are not taking an actual turn.

Theme and synergy is what will make this custom shine. Looking forward to seeing the figure
Old September 21st, 2006, 06:01 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Some good suggestions allskulls! I thought the same on the Unleashed fury ability...roll 1 is probably better, less likely to get a wound marker that way!
Old September 21st, 2006, 07:05 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Thanks for the responses both of you!

I really appreciate the critique, I am definitely going to change the wording on the abilities but I thought I would try to explain the reasoning behind them.

(1) Unleashed Fury- The reason there is an increased chance to get a wound is two fold- first I thought it balanced out his increased chance of getting +2 attack, (The idea being that he is more powerful then a standard Wolf, but more power means better chances of him losing control) and also I wanted him to still have the chance of a wound even with Khosumet (I will explain that logic in Call the Pack).

I will definitely change it if you think I should, another option might be to call it "Improved Unleashed Fury, a la Major X17.

(2) I can totally see were Wolf's Howl could be to powerful, thematic and game wise. Part of the reason it is so powerful is a) I was to lazy to think of a different scale and b) I kind of pictured it as a sort of "Unleashed Fury" Blast, not just sound but some raw energy as well.

What do you think would be the best way to fix it?

(3) Call the Pack is screwed up I honestly have no idea how to word it correctly. I intended it to move one set of Wolves and Khosumet (Effectively giving Khosumet bonding with the wolves with out changing his card) Also thematically I wanted it to be like: he rolls Unleashed Fury and takes a wound, so instead of attacking he calls his brethren for reinforcements.

I may just change it to darklord bonding for simplicity.

Thanks for the help!
Old September 22nd, 2006, 05:41 AM

For the Unleashed Fury ability you could change it to 'Extreme Unleashed Fury' or something.
Well maybe with 'Call of the Pack' you should re-word it to 'Instead of taking a turn with Komu, You may move up to 4 devourers you control.'
Old September 22nd, 2006, 06:59 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
For the Unleashed Fury ability you could change it to 'Extreme Unleashed Fury' or something.
Well maybe with 'Call of the Pack' you should re-word it to 'Instead of taking a turn with Komu, You may move up to 4 devourers you control.'
Extreme Unleashed Fury that wouldn't be a bad name.

The only problem with moving 4 devourers is I wanted to move Khosumet as well, and he is not listed as a devourer.

I may change it to two different abilities:

1) Dark Lord Bonding- Standard Bonding

2) Devourer movement bonding- a la Blastrons

Thanks for the suggstions!
Old September 22nd, 2006, 07:58 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1
I will definitely change it if you think I should, another option might be to call it "Improved Unleashed Fury, a la Major X17.
I think this is the best way to handle it (though I like a better modifier than the "improved" used on Major X-17, get creative ), anytime one slightly (or not so slightly) changes an official ability, should change the title too, to avoid confusion. On the other hand, I believe you wanted this ability to be affected by Khosumet's Unleashed Fury Enhancement, so understand why you want the ability to have the name you gave it. Clumsy, but you could have the ability say that it is affected by Khosumet's ability regardless its name?
Quote:
(2) I can totally see were Wolf's Howl could be to powerful, thematic and game wise. Part of the reason it is so powerful is a) I was to lazy to think of a different scale and b) I kind of pictured it as a sort of "Unleashed Fury" Blast, not just sound but some raw energy as well.

What do you think would be the best way to fix it?
Typically in HS, ranged attacks and special attacks are a little less powerful than normal melee attacks. The way you have it worded, the SA would always be a less powerful attack in terms of # of dice rolled. I think it's just fine. Only 5% chance of the 8 range, 8 attack ability is balanced by the 10% chance of getting a wound (flip-flopped if one has Khosumet ) is balanced nicely, IMHO. As for thematically, just be sure the figure you use has a bit of a supernatural look to it (not hard to do, given it's a werewolf of sorts ), and I think it's fine

Quote:
(3) Call the Pack is screwed up I honestly have no idea how to word it correctly. I intended it to move one set of Wolves and Khosumet (Effectively giving Khosumet bonding with the wolves with out changing his card) Also thematically I wanted it to be like: he rolls Unleashed Fury and takes a wound, so instead of attacking he calls his brethren for reinforcements.

I may just change it to darklord bonding for simplicity.

Thanks for the help!
I like the idea of movement bonding, but: While an admirable attempt , I don't think that using this card to give Khosumet and the Anubian Wolves bonding is a good solution By giving the bonding to this wolf with the anubian wolves, instead, only if Khosumet is in one's army, sorta implies that the Darklord is the "leader" and may be a way to handle the situation thematically. Gives more impetus to draft Khosumet, but still relagates him to a support role (could be viewed as a leadership role though, sorta like the King in chess).

Anyway, solid start, good luck developing this guy!

Figure suggestion: the Dreamblade Wolf figure, though I think this guy is pretty big (would be a 6 at least, maybe a 7 or 8 height ) and as a result you may want to boost stats and cost for this figure...

EDIT: found the image of the figure to which I was referring:

but also found this guy, who may be a better choice, giving the Howl attack:

Both are Dreamblade figures - Bladehound (common) and Lone Wolf (rare), respectively.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old September 22nd, 2006, 05:26 PM

I like the first wolf with the two blades Toddrew! The second one looks like he his a bird poking out of it's knee!
Old September 22nd, 2006, 05:28 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I think the last one is better fitting thematically. I mean, he would have stable attack if he had swords, but the second is fittign for both Unleashed Fury (because he uses his claws, and attacks faster if angry) and Howl (His posture).

Just my 2 cents.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 06:13 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The second one definitely looks better with the other Anubians and is more fitting with the abilities on your card.

Honestly I'd drop the ranged special attack and just go with the Fury and Wolf bonding.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 10:32 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Whoa so many new posts! and now to try and respond to them all...

First off: while a appreciate the figure suggestions, I already have a figure for the card I'm just in the process of modding it (Which is taking awhile since I have to divide my time between that, this discussion, school, online AP Calc and my custom entry for botcon ) The figure I am using came from a dollar general so I can't find a pic right now, sorry . Those 2 figures are cool (the second one is a little to freaky for me though) they would make good proxies if anyone wants to play this card when it is finished.

I think I'm going to leave Wolf's Howl the way it is, I really don't want to get rid of it since that would basically make him a regular wolf with life and an ever-so-slightly better Unleashed Fury.

I'm trying to think of a good name for "Extreme Unleashed Fury" but I definitely want to keep the bonus Khosumet would give hmm...

As for the bounding issue, I'm just not sure: I would like to work Khosumet in somehow (so that way his Attack bonus would actually come into play every now again) argh.. so many choices...

I'm going to think about this for awhile, I really want to get Komu right

Thanks to everyone for your input

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards