Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old February 16th, 2016, 02:54 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: X-Wing

Does overlapping a ship affect your ability to perform actions?

--

Played two more games with my brother tonight. We've now opened all the apps I've bought so far, but Most Wanted + 1 Headhunter should ship tomorrow...

First game I played the rebels. He played Scum and Villainy (although technically his ships were the rebel versions where applicable
I had
Luke Skywalker + Squad Leader + R2-D2 + Proton Torpedo
T-70, Red Squadron Veteran (because Blue Ace doesn't have an elite upgrade slot! ) + Push the Limit + BB-8 + Flechette Torpedo
T-65, Rookie pilot + Proton Torpedo + R7-T1* (*whichever droid let's you target lock and boost)

He had
Kyle Catarn + upgrades
9-skill Kirhaxz fighter + upgrades
2-skill Y-wing + R2-D2 + Proton Torpedo + Adv. Proton Torpedo

This game went really well for me and I won with only a few shields lost; he resigned when only one of his ships were left. I forget which one.

--

Second game he played the Rebels and I played the Imperiale. I realized partway through picking my squad that I only had two interceptors, not four, which was a bummer for my plans. I decided to do a half-swarm.
I had
Int., Soontir Fel + Swarm Tactics
Mauler Mithel + Expose (I <3 this)
Epsilon Leader
Int., Fel's Wrath
Obsidian Squadron Pilot + Draw Their Fire
Black Squadron Pilot + Draw Their Fire

He had
YT-1300, 1-skill, Gunner, Millennium Falcon title, some other stuff
Yt-2400, 2-skill, some upgrades
Kyle Catarn, Engine Upgrade, some other upgrades

He put a modification on each ship but ended up without much firepower, in spite of us playing 125 points. I opened with my TIEs in a tight mass going down the middle, with one interceptor far out on each flank. When the TIEs closed, the Interceptors swooped in and were easily able to keep his ships always in his their firing arcs all game. The TIE fighters bumped into each other once or twice and in some cases took maneuvers that led them away from the fight, but it all worked out. I won this one pretty well, destroying the Falcon pretty early and getting the 2400 banged up enough for him to surrender after I blew up the HWK. I lost Mithel, my Epsilon Squadron Pilot was down to 1 hull, and both of my Sq. Pilots had taken a critical hit, but altogether it was not a shabby win.

He has resolved to go back to playing lighter, faster ships instead of testing so many bigger slower ones.

--

I still don't have enough X-Wings...

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 16th, 2016, 07:34 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTankster View Post
Is there a difference between executing an action and performing an action?
I don't believe so. Most cards use "perform an action." What card says to execute an action?
Are you thinking of acquire a target lock, perhaps? Acquiring a TL is not an action. (For example, look at K4 Security Droid. So long you do a green move, you get to acquire a TL, even if you bump a ship or have multiple stress.)
Wait, what??
Old February 16th, 2016, 09:42 AM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Quote:
Is there a difference between executing an action and performing an action?
I don't believe so. Most cards use "perform an action." What card says to execute an action?
Are you thinking of acquire a target lock, perhaps? Acquiring a TL is not an action. (For example, look at K4 Security Droid. So long you do a green move, you get to acquire a TL, even if you bump a ship or have multiple stress.)
Wait, what??
The conversation was in regard to if you can still remove a stress token or recover a shield (via R2-D2) if you can't finish executing your manuver. Then on inertial dampeners it says you may discard this card to perform a 0 white manuver. And I meant execute vs perform a manuver, not an action... Does execute mean try, and perform mean succeed in doing it?

My trade thread, now with Classic, C3V and SoV units!
All units come with cards.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=51709
Old February 16th, 2016, 10:17 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Oh, I just re-read the rules. Acquiring a target lock (say, as directed by a pilot special power or upgrade) is not an action. Acquiring a target lock during the action phase is an action (rules say "perform the Acquire a Target Lock action").
Old February 16th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Does overlapping a ship affect your ability to perform actions?
You overlap a ship, you cannot perform actions.

However, things that allow you to perform free actions can still work. (I.E. Jake bumps a ship. At start of Combat, Kyle passes him a focus token. Therefore, Jake can trigger his ability, and barrel roll away so he can shoot the ship he was just touching.)
Old February 16th, 2016, 10:47 AM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
The conversation was in regard to if you can still remove a stress token or recover a shield (via R2-D2) if you can't finish executing your manuver. Then on inertial dampeners it says you may discard this card to perform a 0 white manuver. And I meant execute vs perform a manuver, not an action... Does execute mean try, and perform mean succeed in doing it?
Yes, you still cover a shield no matter what, so long you do a green move. That ability is not an action.

Whether or not you perform or execute an action, you complete it, even if it doesn't move you all the way.

Perform just means that you do the move. Execute means after you've finished the move. So as to R2-D2's ability, you recover the shield after the move.
Old February 16th, 2016, 06:08 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

However, things that allow you to perform free actions can still work. (I.E. Jake bumps a ship. At start of Combat, Kyle passes him a focus token. Therefore, Jake can trigger his ability, and barrel roll away so he can shoot the ship he was just touching.)
I had never thought of this. You, sir, are awesome for pointing out how good Kyle Katarn truly is.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old February 16th, 2016, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Quote:

I had never thought of this. You, sir, are awesome for pointing out how good Kyle Katarn truly is.
This also works if Jake is on an obstacle. Ships can perform free actions while touching other ships or on obstacles. For example, Kyle passes the focus to Jake, and so long the template doesn't overlap the obstacle, Jake could boost or barrel roll off the obstacle.
Old February 16th, 2016, 07:16 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Just wait until you piece together how Guri + Push the Limit + Cloaking Device + Stygium Particle Accelerator works...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 17th, 2016, 09:03 PM

Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Just wait until you piece together how Guri + Push the Limit + Cloaking Device + Stygium Particle Accelerator works...
I haven't had much interest in S&V until I saw this combo. it almost makes my brain hurt. Just wow
Old February 18th, 2016, 12:23 AM

The Silver King is surprisingly tart

Hello,
I was wondering if the maneuver dials for the Scum ships in the Most Villain set are the same as their Rebel/Imperial Counterparts, as in what maneuvers they allow.

For instance, the Rebel Y-Wing has a Red 4 U-Turn, would it be the same on the Scum Y-Wing or something completely different like a Red 2 U-Turn?
Old February 18th, 2016, 12:33 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver King View Post
Hello,
I was wondering if the maneuver dials for the Scum ships in the Most Villain set are the same as their Rebel/Imperial Counterparts, as in what maneuvers they allow.

For instance, the Rebel Y-Wing has a Red 4 U-Turn, would it be the same on the Scum Y-Wing or something completely different like a Red 2 U-Turn?
They are exactly the same.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures