Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old February 3rd, 2012, 09:25 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Grok Riders

What about the Glyph of Negation? Can that make it to where they can be rebirthed by the Marro Hive, since if I remember correctly it can effect any figure?
Old February 3rd, 2012, 09:27 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Negation only effects unique figures.

It's also on the front page.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 09:28 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
What about the Glyph of Negation? Can that make it to where they can be rebirthed by the Marro Hive, since if I remember correctly it can effect any figure?
You do not remember correctly. Negation, whether from glyph or Morsbane, only affects Uniques.

Edit: Darn MegaNinja...

Old January 20th, 2013, 06:22 AM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
~Aldin, pleasantly surprised by the Venoc spine-wielding baddies
Just out of interest, is that actually what they are wielding? Or was that just an observation, given the whole Viper/Marro war?

Samthegoat
Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:44 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by samthegoat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
~Aldin, pleasantly surprised by the Venoc spine-wielding baddies
Just out of interest, is that actually what they are wielding? Or was that just an observation, given the whole Viper/Marro war?

Samthegoat
Defintely is someone's spine. Why not a viper? (MAN, would that be a great weapon for your enemy. Look, I've got you're aunty's spine!!)
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:25 AM

Fireshadow is surprisingly tart

I'd take the groks if they had an extra height, putting them at 6 and 10-20 points cheaper. As it is, they are the second most expensive squad in the game and two squads take half your army. However, their sculpt is about as good as it gets.
Old November 19th, 2014, 10:36 PM

Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby! Owlman rolls all skulls baby!

Horribly over priced, second only to the Einar Imperium. Needed to be 90/100 to be worth it, IMO. Cool sculpts though.

"Man, some people on the internet would complain about a chocolate sundae delivered to them by a Victoria's Secret model on their paid day off from work"
Old November 19th, 2014, 11:31 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death! kevindola is hot lava death!

You need to pair the horribly over priced Groks with the horribly under priced Raelin and go from there. I have found that any serious Grok army should have:

Groks x 2
Ne-Gok-Sa
Me-Burq-Sa
Raelin
480 points

It needs to sprinkle in some range and you have something fairly competitive. Now sprinkling in some range puts it over the standard 500 point price point, but I recently played a 530 point game with the above + Marro Warriors and it won convincingly against a Heavy Grut army. The key being to lure them in with Me-Burq and the range squad (Marros in that case). The Orc Champions were brutalized by Mark of the Warlord when they closed in.
Old November 19th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My problem with these jokers is that Ne-Gok-Sa is too slow (and he wants his prey alive anyway), and that Me-Burq-Sa is too weak to warrant such an expensive squad.

I guess they were concerned about giving the powerful Marro units some bonding, but I think they may have overkilled it a bit. Now if they bonded with Hivelords too, that'd make them certainly worth the cost. Just imagine how much damage you could get in a single turn instead of going with Nagrubs--I'd cough up an extra 130 for that.

Maybe in the future the Custom guys will come up with another, more fitting Marro Warlord for these dudes.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old November 20th, 2014, 09:52 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
My problem with these jokers is that Ne-Gok-Sa is too slow (and he wants his prey alive anyway), and that Me-Burq-Sa is too weak to warrant such an expensive squad.
It's not a complete fix, but make a tiny bit of room for Theracus in there. Spend your first OM carrying NGS toward the enemy, then take bonding turns with the Groks. On an average-sized two-player map, NGS's head-start should have the two meeting up just in time to crush some skulls.

Again, this isn't going to turn this army into a real competitor, but it can become a decent component in a larger army.

NGS 90
Groks x1 220
Theracus 260
Legionnaires x3 410
Marcus or Mogrimm 510 or 530 / 22 spaces

Or maybe drop a hero or a squad of Legos to fit in some range. Happy 'Scaping!

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old November 20th, 2014, 11:28 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
You need to pair the horribly over priced Groks with the horribly under priced Raelin and go from there. I have found that any serious Grok army should have:

Groks x 2
Ne-Gok-Sa
Me-Burq-Sa
Raelin
480 points

It needs to sprinkle in some range and you have something fairly competitive. Now sprinkling in some range puts it over the standard 500 point price point, but I recently played a 530 point game with the above + Marro Warriors and it won convincingly against a Heavy Grut army. The key being to lure them in with Me-Burq and the range squad (Marros in that case). The Orc Champions were brutalized by Mark of the Warlord when they closed in.
Heh
Old November 20th, 2014, 01:32 PM

Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Tai-Pan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post

NGS 90
Groks x1 220
Theracus 260
Legionnaires x3 410
Marcus or Mogrimm 510 or 530 / 22 spaces
THIS is a good idea. Romans move slowly forward with NGS (a classic Wave 1 combination). NGS is a tank and can take a lot of punishment while threatening any uniques that wander too close. Then, after the Roman machine starts to slow down and lose offensive power, send in the Groks to hammer the enemy!

You can make it even more epic if you include NGS and MBS. NGS and the Romans move in and start a fight and MBS and the Groks charge in afterwards. Groks can bond with MBS as long as NGS is next to their target or if they want to make use of MBS double hexes, or take a turn with NGS to move him into a better position if MBS should stay out of the fray. Remember, they don't have to take a turn with the Warlord next to their target!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units