Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 8th, 2013, 04:20 PM

sam268 is surprisingly tart
Good armies for taking the high ground

Yeah title sums it all, I was playing a very fun map me and my bro made, which involved alot of caves, and a massive and hard to climb mountain with attack and defense glyph on the top. I was very successful with this 500 pointer:

1. Taelord 180
2. Omnicron snipers 100
3. Izumi samurai 60
4. Marro warriors 50
5. Airborne Elite 110

Reasoning: The Airborne elite were able to immediatly get the top of the mountain and secure glyphs on the first round. Then I moved my samurai up the mountain and secured the only easy ways to get up the mountain, while the airborne covered their movement with their own attacks, boosted even more by Taelord. Soon my samurai were overrun, but I had omnicrons raining down some serious blows on anyone who got close. I think I recall getting 8 skulls on my brothers dw9k

Meanwhile, my small and quick marro warriors were darting in and out of the caves, getting quick blows from behind, then retreating back into the caves only to clone again. Overall, I only lost my airbornes and samuria, and nobody else even took a hit. By the end of the game I had 330 points of my army left. Even though I rolled like crap more than half the game, my mountain climbers worked much better than expected, even with the lack of synergy.

So what armies do you guys use for 20 tall maps with lots of caves? I am curios to hear what your strategies would be

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion