Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old August 24th, 2012, 03:56 AM

vikinglad knows what's in an order marker vikinglad knows what's in an order marker
Gladiatron Proxies: Vikinglad's Glastatrons

Hello Heroscapers. I recently bought a lot from ebay that had a couple of Blastatron squads I didn't really need, so I decided to try to make myself some Gladiatrons out of them. I read a few posts about this, and tried making some out of bread clips at first, but it didn't work so well. So I decided to fall back on something I had only a bit of expierience with: pinning and green stuff. Here is how I did.

This is a work-in-progress pic I took. It shows 3 of them done except for painting, and one of them with only its sword and cyberpaperclip. I made this guy's arm out of another Blast's gun that I cut off, so he is a bit behind in the process. I used a Citadel pinnning vice and the included drill bits (size?) to make the holes and the little paperclips to pin it all together and make the initial claws. It is glued with super glue.

Here is the final version of each one next to the Gladiatron it most closely represents.

Overall I am really happy with how they turned out. The claws are a bit big on mine, as are some of the weapons, but I think they look pretty cool and blend well with the other Glads on the board. The biggest challenge for me was matching the paint color on the weapons. It is a sort of brownish redish color that is hard to get right once, let alone twice for two coats. Here is a shot of one squad of real Gladiatrons and one squad of my Glastatrons.

Thanks for looking at my pics. I had a lot of fun with this project. One cool thing is, I have another identical set of weapons and another squad of Blasts I can make a second squad of matching Glastatrons out of. That will bring me up to 3 squads of Gladiatrons, which should work just nicely.

Good trades with nbxfan, Porkins, lonewolf, and wilabill1
Good card trades with Grison, Fedex worker, and capsocrates.
Old August 24th, 2012, 01:17 PM

beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker
Re: Gladiatron Proxies: Vikinglad's Glastatrons

Very nice.

Trades

WoW customs - I'd love to get some awesome looking WoW minis on my Heroscape maps. Please lend me your expert advice.

My travel blog
Old October 8th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Good work!

Have you thought of trying using instant mold to make the weapons and claws then adding them to your blastatrons?
Instant mold and greenstuff will take you a lot less time to make copies of the parts than sculpting them from scratch.

Good job on the color match. Looks official
Old December 13th, 2012, 02:37 PM

vikinglad knows what's in an order marker vikinglad knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for looking, Rocktroll; I love your customs pages. That probably would have been a cool way to do it, and I may have gotten better results. I didn't have much budget at all, though, so I used what I already had at home, which was a bit of greenstuff. I would like to try the instant mold sometime for some of the other commons I need more of, like zombies.

Good trades with nbxfan, Porkins, lonewolf, and wilabill1
Good card trades with Grison, Fedex worker, and capsocrates.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions