Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

View Poll Results: What would you like this Custom to be?
Common Hero 3 23.08%
Common Squad (3-man) 2 15.38%
Common Squad (4-man) 1 7.69%
Unique Squad (4-man) 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 5th, 2012, 10:39 AM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Tentacles of the Kraken - pre Auggies discussion

deleted

Last edited by qt.bangerang; February 3rd, 2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Card update
Old January 5th, 2012, 10:51 AM

Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Super Bogue is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Tentacles of the Kraken - pre Auggies discussion

I like this card. I was planning on doing something similar once I find a figure for the Kraken. I have a question about their movement though. Are they always restricted to water or could they use their regular movement to move onto a land space?
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:10 AM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Bogue View Post
I like this card. I was planning on doing something similar once I find a figure for the Kraken. I have a question about their movement though. Are they always restricted to water or could they use their regular movement to move onto a land space?
Right now they are always restricted to water...I just think it looks funny having a Kraken tentacle moving around on land and I feel that this makes them much more thematic.
Old January 5th, 2012, 10:54 AM

Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness Auggest wears ripped pants of awesomeness

First glance.....I like .

I'll leave balance issues for others to comment on as that's not my strong suit.

One other non design note is since this is a 4 unit squad that's going to make the price (actual cost of unit not points) a bit steep. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if we moved a bunch but the price tag would come in around $14 a unit with 4 vs. $11 with 3 figs. Thinking about it a bit more though I think anyone who would go $11 would go $14 so maybe 4 is good.../shurg your call of course.

...Andrew

i R da speling god
Auggie's Games
Follow us on Facebook Auggies Games Store and Twitter @auggiesgames
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:12 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggest View Post
One other non design note is since this is a 4 unit squad that's going to make the price (actual cost of unit not points) a bit steep. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if we moved a bunch but the price tag would come in around $14 a unit with 4 vs. $11 with 3 figs. Thinking about it a bit more though I think anyone who would go $11 would go $14 so maybe 4 is good.../shurg your call of course.

...Andrew
That was my though too...4 figures cost more but as a Unique Squad I think it is worth it...but if people would rather see it be a 3 man squad it is an easy change and will bring down both their playing cost and actual cost.
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:18 AM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Rechets of Bogdan are summoned, the Airborne Elite are dropped, and the Kraken is... RELEASED!
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:22 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedim Kabal View Post
The Rechets of Bogdan are summoned, the Airborne Elite are dropped, and the Kraken is... RELEASED!
I like that...I might have to make a change...
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

An interesting design. It has great flavor. Painfully easy to avoid fighting, though. Even with only a melee, a clever player will gang up on one at a time, making all order markers on the Tentacles a waste. Instead of Underwater Pull I would have liked to see a power like the Drow Chainfighter's Chain Grab that allows Tentacles to pull in semi-distant figures, giving them a much more useful threatening area.

Minor wording problem in Summon the Kraken:

"you must place all 4 Tentacles of the Kraken on any empty water spaces."

As it is written, Underwater Pull raises the question of whether or not you get to attack (a different figure) after you successfully destroy a figure. It does not say otherwise, so the assumption is that you do, but I sense that is not the intent. I'd also like to suggest limiting it only to Common figures and dropping the d20 chance. Mostly because I root for heroes and want to drown mass commons, but also because I don't think the current design would fare well against common armies.
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:56 AM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
An interesting design. It has great flavor. Painfully easy to avoid fighting, though. Even with only a melee, a clever player will gang up on one at a time, making all order markers on the Tentacles a waste. Instead of Underwater Pull I would have liked to see a power like the Drow Chainfighter's Chain Grab that allows Tentacles to pull in semi-distant figures, giving them a much more useful threatening area.

Minor wording problem in Summon the Kraken:

"you must place all 4 Tentacles of the Kraken on any empty water spaces."

As it is written, Underwater Pull raises the question of whether or not you get to attack (a different figure) after you successfully destroy a figure. It does not say otherwise, so the assumption is that you do, but I sense that is not the intent. I'd also like to suggest limiting it only to Common figures and dropping the d20 chance. Mostly because I root for heroes and want to drown mass commons, but also because I don't think the current design would fare well against common armies.
Thanks for the feedback...this is why we make these pre-discussion threads.

I like the idea of a "Chain Grab" like ability and/ or making Underwater pull just for commons...I have some changing/editing to do.
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:42 PM
has been BANNED

Updated the Card...because of space for Text I can't make an ability as wordy as "Chain Grab" so, I modified Underwater pull to work only on Commons with lower dice roll and increased the Range to 2...giving them reach.
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by qt.bangerang View Post
Updated the Card...because of space for Text I can't make an ability as wordy as "Chain Grab" so, I modified Underwater pull to work only on Commons with lower dice roll and increased the Range to 2...giving them reach.
Yeah, card space is definitely an issue here.

Having Range 2 is odd in the Heroscape ruleset (which is why Reach was created). The tentacle can now pull something off a 100-level high wall but can't touch something 3 spaces away. It's odd, but maybe not terrible.
Old January 5th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

The fact that they are water bound is definitely a hinderance, be it proper in theme. Instead of drag under, you might consider a "water throw" like the obsidian guards. This would allow the Kraken arms to "splash" a figure from a distance. It would help the kraken from being sniped as easily.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards