Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old October 12th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Online Heroscape Season 3 - ROUND 1 POSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalu View Post
There are no 3D models for the Mezzodemons ?
Not yet, but there will be...

Old October 12th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
Quote:
There are no 3D models for the Mezzodemons ?
Not yet, but there will be...
They are now on the Valkrill Template.
Old October 12th, 2012, 10:16 AM

Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby! Anonymous rolls all skulls baby!

I'd just like to say to Filthy and everyone else who worked on the HeroSkype app/online HeroScape system that you guys have done a fantastic job. Thanks for the hard work to provide 3d models and the ability to have these tournaments.

Secondly, thanks to the organizers of this tournament and the sponsors for all the hard work. I've been playing HeroScape since 2005 and this is my first competitive tournament so thanks for providing me this opportunity.
Old October 12th, 2012, 10:23 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
I'd just like to say to Filthy and everyone else who worked on the HeroSkype app/online HeroScape system that you guys have done a fantastic job. Thanks for the hard work to provide 3d models and the ability to have these tournaments.

Secondly, thanks to the organizers of this tournament and the sponsors for all the hard work. I've been playing HeroScape since 2005 and this is my first competitive tournament so thanks for providing me this opportunity.
Hear hear!
Old October 12th, 2012, 10:40 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by twigleg2 View Post
I've been able to contact my opponent early in the week, and we scheduled our game for Thursday, but he never logged on, placed his army, or sent a PM explaining why he didn't play our game. I haven't heard from him since Wednesday. In this scenario, would I fill out the scheduling conflict form or the missing opponent form?
I modified the missing opponent form to accommodate this situation.
Old October 12th, 2012, 10:47 AM

zck Woo who?

Still no news from my opponent
Old October 12th, 2012, 11:28 AM

Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker Rosencrantz knows what's in an order marker

Xorlof and I are scheduled for this Sunday at 10pm Denver time.

Is there anything I can do before then, like get into the map and place my figures in the start zone? Am I supposed to download the map? Sorry, this is the first time I've used the on-line system. I've watched the YouTube video on how to navigate game play but didn't quite catch how to get to that point starting from scratch.

Thanks
Old October 12th, 2012, 12:10 PM

Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker Vydar knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
There are no 3D models for the Mezzodemons?
The 3D models look nice, but some of them are a bit clunky to work with. There is a Warforged 3D model that covers 3 spaces, making it hard to move anyone adjacent to him without shifting him first. Charos got in the way a lot, but he's supposed to be big and it helps you see his hit zones in perspective.
Old October 12th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar View Post
Quote:
There are no 3D models for the Mezzodemons?
The 3D models look nice, but some of them are a bit clunky to work with. There is a Warforged 3D model that covers 3 spaces, making it hard to move anyone adjacent to him without shifting him first. Charos got in the way a lot, but he's supposed to be big and it helps you see his hit zones in perspective.
Part of the problem in this regard is that some of the figures have overhanging attributes (in the warforged case, it is the sword and arm); as such, there is a lost of wasted space with these attributes, as we have to import the images in a rectangular shape, leaving a lot of dead space.

I try to trim this out as much as possible, although there are going to be images that will be slightly problematic (Raelin's wings come to mind).

One of the limitations of using 2D images to represent 3D.

One workaround is to move other images either to the front or back of some of these larger images. This can be done by highlighting the image, then choosing ARRANGE>ORDER>BRING FORWARD or SEND BACKWARD.
Old October 12th, 2012, 12:42 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosencrantz View Post
Xorlof and I are scheduled for this Sunday at 10pm Denver time.

Is there anything I can do before then, like get into the map and place my figures in the start zone? Am I supposed to download the map? Sorry, this is the first time I've used the on-line system. I've watched the YouTube video on how to navigate game play but didn't quite catch how to get to that point starting from scratch.

Thanks
You're fortunate enough to be playing one of the organizers, so I'm sure he will be able to handle the importing of the figures into the document. You just follow the link in the first post on the thread (Rosencrantz vs. Xorlof). If you are interested in how it works, though, here are the instructions on how to create a game yourself.

As far as placing armies go, it's like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
There will be a roll-off before each game by the tournament organizers to determine who has choice of first or second pick. The sequence is as follows:
  1. Player who wins the predetermined roll-off decides whether they want to pick armies first or second, and PMs their opponent with their choice.
  2. Player who picks first PMs their opponent with their army pick.
  3. Player who picks second PMs their opponent with their army pick, goes into the online interface, and places their entire army in the startzone of their choice.
  4. Player who picks first goes into the online interface, and places their entire army in the other startzone.
You won the roll, so you will be picking first and placing last.
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post

It's a great system and I think this is an awesome idea (my first time competing in a official tourney) I still think the app could use some streamlining, it's kind of hard to get used to using, unless you already have a big knowledge of Google. But it'd amazing how much easier it is than having to get together at a comic book store or some other venue.

If any of you haven't already seen it this is a super cool app made for C3G online. Obviously still kinky, but it really is a fantastic system to use.
Old October 12th, 2012, 03:06 PM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
If any of you haven't already seen it this is a super cool app made for C3G online. Obviously still kinky, but it really is a fantastic system to use.
Wow, that might actually step over into copyright violation it's so good.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events