Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 18th, 2015, 06:42 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Interesting that you mention that. I play at my place, although I've tried almost everything else over the years. I much prefer it! But new people seem resistant to meeting me there, even if in a group, as if its too intimate for them.

Not too long ago, a guy I met by phone came over and had a good time in a group here, and will come over again. But since we're both pretty free, I suggested he call up when he had a free day and just drop by. His response, that he wouldn't call me up "at random," made him seem like he came from another planet to me.

Guess friendships don't get started the way they used to...
I like intimate gaming at a house, but unfortunately it's not always an option.

As to that guy not liking to call at random, I'm kind of like that in that I am not into spur of the moment plans as much as setting a date and time to meet. My brother in-law is the opposite, as he is all about last minute plans.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 18th, 2015, 06:51 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Where did you get the cathedral?

Sweet paint jobs. Love the Imperial Guard.
It is from Pillars of the Earth, but has been pimped.

Played Coloretto last night. Also played Sons of Anarchy with the newest expansion, Calaveras. I didn't play with that gang, but one of my opponent's did.
Old December 18th, 2015, 07:18 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Any new thoughts on the SoA gaming experience? Liking it more as you play it or less?
Old December 19th, 2015, 12:53 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Any new thoughts on the SoA gaming experience? Liking it more as you play it or less?
I think it is still good. Very themey. The calaveras club is pretty mean. Interested to see what the Irish will bring if they ever come out.
Old December 19th, 2015, 02:38 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Death. They will bring death.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 19th, 2015, 06:44 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Pretty Pretty Smash Up!

A 30% off holiday coupon from Barnes & Noble is burning a hole in my pocket, but the only thing they carry I'm currently interested in is Smash Up. Since I already have the base game and the first expansion, the only other thing they carry is the pink boxed expansion with Ponies, Princesses, and Kittens as new factions. Not having a family or young relatives, I just can't pull the trigger...
Old December 19th, 2015, 01:08 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Pretty Pretty Smash Up!

A 30% off holiday coupon from Barnes & Noble is burning a hole in my pocket, but the only thing they carry I'm currently interested in is Smash Up. Since I already have the base game and the first expansion, the only other thing they carry is the pink boxed expansion with Ponies, Princesses, and Kittens as new factions. Not having a family or young relatives, I just can't pull the trigger...

I haven't gotten the munchkin expansion yet, but pretty pretty is by far my favorite so far. VERY fun factions, and lots of funny jokes puns and references that you'd probably understand better than the kids anyway
Old December 20th, 2015, 01:02 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Interesting that you mention that. I play at my place, although I've tried almost everything else over the years. I much prefer it! But new people seem resistant to meeting me there, even if in a group, as if its too intimate for them.
...<snip/snip>...
@chas maybe may be fine for solo playing, put perhaps you should stop wearing your lounge lizard leopard leotards at your glamorous gaming groupie gatherings . . . (~~lol~~)

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; December 20th, 2015 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Kormecked trypoes
Old December 20th, 2015, 11:55 PM

Worked on Delroy and Rasputin this week

At this stage Delroy looked a bit zombieish

The finished products.

Finished the Royal Guard Champion this week too.

The Finale for Twin Shadows.

I thought the Twin Shadows minis campaign was pretty fun, but am looking forward to another regular campaign for a little more slow progression and side missions.

Played in a War of Light rainbow draft yesterday as well as a D and D constructed Dicemasters tourney.
Old December 21st, 2015, 12:10 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

This week I've played:

Star Wars: X-Wing (x5)
Star Wars: CARCASSONNE (x2)

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old December 21st, 2015, 08:07 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

JohnGee,

Then you should have headed the post:

"In a section of the Garden State far, far away..."
Old December 22nd, 2015, 01:56 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Last night we opened up an early family gift...Ticket to Ride with 1910 expansion. Played two games with only the (larger) cards that were in the original games. First game we played wrong and it seemed to take a long time. Then 3/4 of the way through we realized we messed up and my wife and I played again after everyone else went to bed. Much better when you play by the actual rules. We really enjoyed it and that is saying a lot because my wife doesn't like playing games. I'm also really glad I splurged for the larger cards. Those original cards are tiny.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games